Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lambert a healthy scratch in the semi- final. Haha! Too funny! And some people talked about him being in their top 15. He would have been a DND for me.
Too many red flags with this kid and teams were right to stay away. The IQ is pretty suspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schooner Guy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Kapanen eavesdropping on the Swedes huddle during the 5-on-3 PP was pure comedy! It sure pissed off the Swedish bench.
Kid played a huge role defensively for Finland in this tournament and got better as the competition progressed. His defensive game and positioning are pretty strong, skates well and takes good decisions. Offensively, he had some flashes, but overall didnt generate much. Still was useful and relied on, it will be interesting to see if his offensive game can reach another level.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Kapanen pretty good against Sweden after kinda underwhelming tournament otherwise. Maybe he's a "man of big games" type player.

Reactions: WinterLion

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We hear lots about how toxic the Winnipeg dressing room is. I thought they drafted McGroarty in the 1st to improve that situation in the future and then they go and draft Lambert with their second pick in the 1st. Puzzling stuff.
Yeah, looks like a team with no real direction, everybody wants to leave.

With Lambert they clearly gambled on pure talent and hope for the best, but Im happy to have Hugo and Gorton to drive the ship, at least they have a clear philosophy and its already showing through drafting.

Last edited:

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Yeah, looks like a team with no real direction, everybody wants to leave.

With Lambert they clearly gambled on pure talent and hope for the best, but Im happy to have Hugo and Gorton to drive the ship, at least they have a clear phylosophy and its already showing through drafting.

the coach left mid-season without being fired !

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Ohgren cost team Sweden the game on a very lazy penality in the first. The waterboy wasnt there to open him the door and instead of jumping over the board, Mr. Ohgren decides to wait on the ice. This is a kid that wasnt even supposed to make the team and you act that way?? Come on! Not the 1st time I see this kid acting like he was a superstar, was pouting on the bench at the U18 and floating for the most part of the tournament, Sweden ended strong and won the tournament but still, there is an apparent issue with this kid in term of attitude.

the coach left mid-season without being fired !
Hopefully he will do the same thing when Florida struggles to win games this year.. ;)

Reactions: CaptainKirk

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's never anything close to this empty on quarter-final day. I never thought they should have this tournament in the summer (I knew key players would be missing) but the purpose of this tournament was for IIHF and Hockey Canada to recoup revenues that were lost when the holiday tournament got canceled. Many factors for empty seats include summer time, the scandal, crazy ticket prices, the loss of sponsors to promote the tourney etc. Even Canada games have had tons of empty seats.

I also liked the format better when the top team in each division got a bye and the QFs were cross-over games of 2A vs 3B, and 2B vs 3A. It made for better match-ups after so many lopsided games in the round robin. Latvia and Germany have held their own today but we'll see how Switzerland and Czechia do tonight. I think they'll both get blown out.

How many people actually know that the tournament is going on?

It almost feels like tsn is afraid to market it fearing backlash with all the hockey Canada sex abuse stories going on.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
How many people actually know that the tournament is going on?

It almost feels like tsn is afraid to market it fearing backlash with all the hockey Canada sex abuse stories going on.
It's hard to market when Hockey Canada's A-list sponsors all dumped them like a bad habit.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well Mysak's and Czech had won their tournament against the US. Subpar performances for the team after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad