Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Yes but top speed is not important. Its stop and go acceleration and edgework that matter more IMO.

His stride has work to be done but he can reach effective hockey speed at this level. Otherwise Cameron wouldn’t be putting him out there in important situations. His back checking is OK. His forechecking is too passive. When he really wants to get somewhere, like on a breakaway, he finds a way to summon enough speed.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Yes but top speed is not important. Its stop and go acceleration and edgework that matter more IMO.
Sure, but I'm juniors he's skating around pylons... Not going to happen at the next level. It needs to improve ASAP.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sure, but I'm juniors he's skating around pylons... Not going to happen at the next level. It needs to improve ASAP.

Well, considering the significant improvements a cross the board he made in the past 12 months, might be a decent bet that he's mentally & emotionally ready to continue putting in the work & focus required to keep making progress... No?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Lambert a healthy scratch in the semi- final. Haha! Too funny! And some people talked about him being in their top 15. He would have been a DND for me.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Interesting that Kapanen’s been leaned on very heavily once the elimination games began. Pro style game. He has taken a beating on this forum but his coaches are certainly confident in him.
Hes a similar player to Mysak but he doesnt seem to have the same hustle and swagger.

I dont know why Timmins/whoever felt the need to pick Tuch, Mysak and Kapanen in the 2nd round of two consecutive drafts. Low upside picks.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Hes a similar player to Mysak but he doesnt seem to have the same hustle and swagger.

I dont know why Timmins/whoever felt the need to pick Tuch, Mysak and Kapanen in the 2nd round of two consecutive drafts. Low upside picks.
Kapanen will be a key player for Finland in December. He’s been a go to guy in all situations tonight and in the QF.

I don’t mind the Tuch pick as he’s the type of player we don’t have much of in the system. Too bad his development stagnated this past season. Hopefully he bounces back this year.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

They wanted Heineman but he was picked 4 spot ahead so they took Tuch.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Hes a very high IQ player and ya, hes slow and hes a spot picker/not physical. Kind of player that you dont really see and he ends up with 2 points.

Honestly Id take a meaningful hockey tournament every year at this time. Watching hockey sitting in the grass in a park or next to a camp fire ? Damn son.

In a pool with a corona? While sipping a slushie in a hamock?
Is Roy a Pierre Turgeon clone (position aside)? Uber high IQ, sweet mits but slow? And gets the points?

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Well, considering the significant improvements a cross the board he made in the past 12 months, might be a decent bet that he's mentally & emotionally ready to continue putting in the work & focus required to keep making progress... No?
Cry some more

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Is Roy a Pierre Turgeon clone (position aside)? Uber high IQ, sweet mits but slow? And gets the points?
Toffoli is a perfect comparison IMO. Turgeon still has more skills than Roy, dont think Roy will ever come close to those arcade numbers lol. Also I wouldn't say Roy takes games off like Turgeon used to be accused of. He just reads the game a lot and hes not the best skater (explosive), so he seems extra slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad