Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
McKenzie had Kulich at 18. Mesar at 30. I don't see that as same tier. But I also said that Mesar could end up a very very good player. I hope we maximize the pick. That's all. And yes, we will see also based on devleopment. It's about the making of a team and the choosing of the BPA. Our team is small. So picking a bigger player in Kulich makes more sense to me especially since you would not have sacrificed BPA at the time of the draft if you would have gone with him.
Was there a list, anywhere, who had Mesar ahead of Kulich? When sometimes people say that teams shouldn't try to do too much...I'm afraid it's one glaring example. And not because Mesar is bad. But because Kulich could be better. And it's all about exploiting every possibility to get better. I just hope that the thought process didn't take into effect the friend situation...Wait...pretty sure I'm suppose to only be biased against Timmins though...so my account was hacked people...The ones that know or wants to know, already know that I'm a scout skeptic. I was on André Boudrias case in tihe 90's. Despite his success of the 80's. BUt the lack of vision his 1st rounders was already obvious AT THE TIME. Then, the scouting got their ass kicked between the Boudrias and Timmins eras. It wasn't great there either. Except 1998 though the Gagné miss was just ridiculous. And I'll be on Bobrov-Lapointe case if need be.

My take on the prospects present:

- Roy: Good tourney. Frankly, didn't expect him to even be chosen. Him being there and having some points is such a plus. Yet...TONS of things to work on to even wish to make the NHL. Skating. Implication. Defensive awareness. 'Cause the offensive tools are there. But it might not be enough.
- Kidney: Love his 3 minutes of play. Hopefully he has more time to shine with Grieg's absence. For career, becoming much stronger. And perfecting his offensive game
- Kapanen: All the tools, no toolbox. Great size. Great faceoffs abilities. From the time he was picked to right now, stil the same player. That does everything fine. Nothing great. Type of players that slowly fades in tihe AHL before goig back home.
- Mysak: The guy that plays the most a pro game. The one who can make it. Yet, will OBVIOUSLY never be a top 6 player. At the very best if his explosition and skating improves, a really quality 3rd liner. But progression and development needs to happen. If he is now what he will be then, he won't make it.

NOBODY on that list is a bust. Aside from Kapanen, NOBODY on that list was a bad pick. Especially not Roy in the 5th round.

Now it's all about development. Yet Nicholas isn't god either. But all 4 guys needs ton of it.
That dude who did all of the online draft analyses was pretty high on Mesar

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Roy (and maybe Kidney) vs. Mysak @ 4PM ET
- Kapanen @ 8PM ET

There will at least be a Habs prospect in the final. If Finland beats Sweden, then we know there will be a Habs prospect that will win the gold and another prospect will win the silver.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That dude who did all of the online draft analyses was pretty high on Mesar
I'm high on Mesar. He is NOT a bad pick. But in a world where you have to maximize them all...just wondering if we did. That's all. We will see both guys development.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm high on Mesar. He is NOT a bad pick. But in a world where you have to maximize them all...just wondering if we did. That's all. We will see both guys development.
I think picking Mesar over Kulich (and a few others) was pretty dumb myself. Kulich has the same top line upside (I dont even know if Mesar actually has that.) But without size concerns and actual depth upside too.

With that said, I had Mesar ar 25, so... Also making sure Slaf has a buddy with him may be a good move.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Bold strategy. Hopefully it pays off. I would have probably use Bedard and Cuylle with McT. And Gaucher with Roy and Dufour. But we will see.

I hope Kidney gets some Look. Desnoyers has been too quiet for my liking.

But suddenly, as much as powerhouse we are, missing Grieg might be a very big situation.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Bedard on the 3rd line gotta learn to be a better person.

Grind deez guyz Connor.

58a3eb908df92.image.jpg

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
McTavish line isn't working. Change it up. Put Bédard back in.

No presence for Kidney yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad