Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
More importantly, why the f*** does RDS still employ this joke ? Flynn is the least qualified person Ive ever seen employed and Ive been a chef for 15 years so you know Ive seen my fair share of dummies before.
It's like hitting a dude with McDonald's and Baton Rouge experience to run Toque as the head chef

Then again RDS is far from being the Toque of sports networks...I guess Baton Rouge makes sense

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So Kapanen was voted after Luke Tuch and now he's doing nothing at the wjc things are looking grim.
Kapanen is not the guy who’ll produce points like crazy. He’s a two-way C, he plays big minutes. I think he’s doing good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the little i've watched of Kapanen so far, it's been a very disappointing tournament so far. He's interesting because he's too good for juniors or even their AHL but struggled in Liiga to get TOI. Will be interesting to see if he can force his way in the lineup or not for KalPa. He's still young as he just turned 19 a few weeks ago and the skating/speed do look better but for someone with a good shot he needs to use it more often.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
the little i've watched of Kapanen so far, it's been a very disappointing tournament so far. He's interesting because he's too good for juniors or even their AHL but struggled in Liiga to get TOI. Will be interesting to see if he can force his way in the lineup or not for KalPa. He's still young as he just turned 19 a few weeks ago and the skating/speed do look better but for someone with a good shot he needs to use it more often.

I agree with your opinion on most points, but I think Kapanen has played better in this tournament than you give him credit for. Sure, the points aren't there, and the offensive flashes have not been consistent, nor numerous. And he has indeed been pretty shot-averse so far.

But Kapanen is still driving play pretty well, I like his transition game, how he positions himself to help with breakouts/stifling opposing rushes, and his defense is markedly improved from what I remember seeing a year or so ago, from limited viewings I will admit.

Then there's the fact that Kapanen's skating mechanics as well as first-step acceleration are looking quite a bit better than they used to be too, so I'm overall pretty happy with his progression, stats notwithstanding.

However, the jury is still out on whether or not that progression will continue, and if it will be enough for Kapanen to eventually reach the NHL and flourish there. Right now I'd say that Kapanen is an outside shot at making it into the bigs, but we really never know with prospects.

Anyways, that's it from me, cheers and have a very good day.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If you are not going to use Othmann in an offensive role, why in the flying f*** wouldn't you sit him...and play Kidney instead.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It's all about expectations. Since we've picked him I always thought of him as a meh prospect. The type of guy that your forget easily, which means fine everywhere. Not great everywhere. I just hate those types of picks in top 2 rounds. But hey, I'm a hater. For him now, it's all about development. Not a great pick. Just like what Tuch seems to be..not a great pick. But all on development now.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So Kapanen was voted after Luke Tuch and now he's doing nothing at the wjc things are looking grim.

He was voted after? Huh? And an ordinairy performance is an ordinairy performance. Also, wishing great development is also fine.

Stankhoven is hot tonight!

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Grieg was the perfect C for Roy.....Hopefully he takes charge of his own line.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I agree with your opinion on most points, but I think Kapanen has played better in this tournament than you give him credit for. Sure, the points aren't there, and the offensive flashes have not been consistent, nor numerous. And he has indeed been pretty shot-averse so far.

But Kapanen is still driving play pretty well, I like his transition game, how he positions himself to help with breakouts/stifling opposing rushes, and his defense is markedly improved from what I remember seeing a year or so ago, from limited viewings I will admit.

Then there's the fact that Kapanen's skating mechanics as well as first-step acceleration are looking quite a bit better than they used to be too, so I'm overall pretty happy with his progression, stats notwithstanding.

However, the jury is still out on whether or not that progression will continue, and if it will be enough for Kapanen to eventually reach the NHL and flourish there. Right now I'd say that Kapanen is an outside shot at making it into the bigs, but we really never know with prospects.

Anyways, that's it from me, cheers and have a very good day.

I only watched the 1st game for Finland, since then it's been boring with Kapanen not playing a big role and Nurmi out sick. If I have the time at some point I may go back and watch the games in full to see more of Kapanen since his Liiga games can be very hard to find streams of but with how busy things are and him being so far down the depth chart of Hab prospects currently, not sure if or when I will be able to watch the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad