Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
With Greig out for the night, Kidney could draw in tomorrow in the semi-final. That's a huge downgrade though as Greig has been a major impact player (two Player of the Game awards in a tournament where they don't like players go get the award more than once) and is exactly the kind of forward Canada needs against the stronger teams.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
With Greig out for the night, Kidney could draw in tomorrow in the semi-final. That's a huge downgrade though as Greig has been a major impact player (two Player of the Game awards in a tournament where they don't like players go get the award more than once) and is exactly the kind of forward Canada needs against the stronger teams.
I think we will hate him as Habs fans, he could be something on a shutdown role,

Reactions: Schooner Guy

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Roy is very unimpressive. I expected more.
Those skating limitations are exposed against higher end competition. He simply can't drive the play. He had the the luxury of playing with McTavish and Grieg. And those points kept rolling in. Unless he picks up a gear, this player will never be more than a journeyman.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Bad D and bad goaltending

Just cant see this team winning this tourney
This WJC tournament is watered down and they're all in pre-season form so I think Canada can still do it. Greig's injury concerns me as their forward defensive play is very weak and missing him won't help as he's been great in all zones and on the PK.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Roy is just a passenger now. At least he got the experience. But he can't be as weak as he was on the puck or he won,t play much.

I hope Kidney comes in.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Curious, does everyone here still care about seeing Canada win?
I used to when I was younger but only really root for Habs prospects during these tournaments now.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Thankfully Patenaude stunk tonight in the 1st. Pasche has been very sharp and may have given Switzerland a chance to win.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I expect USA to walk all over Czechia. Since winning their first game vs Slovakia, I personally think Czechia has been the worst team in this tournament.

Reactions: Tyson

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
pretty much every team in the Memorial Cup was banged up (except St-John who won...)
To this day, we have NO IDEA how much they were though. We think that. But nobody has ever come close to telling people how hurt they were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad