Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Sucks we landed the first pick in such a week draft. Imagine either powers, mctavish, Johnson, even berniers

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Kidney hammered a couple of players in his short stint on the ice so far. I don't remember Foerster doing that.
I don't think you and I are watching the same games. Foerster was a force, physically and offensively. He plays a much heavier and faster game than Kidney. He was noticeable on almost every shift. I'm not saying Kidney isn't a good prospect, but if you want to win now, Forster brings much more to the table than Kidney. Much more. Starting with Finland, the competition now becomes much tougher and faster. Those players who can't compete at a high level, who can't skate well enough to create time and space for themselves on the offense and play effective defensively, will be exposed when we play the Finns, Swedes and the U.S.

Reactions: Habs Icing

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Roy was the most used forward and 2nd most used player on team Canada
He played 3 min more than McTavish

I find that hard to believe though. He didn't play the pk, is on the 2nd pp unit, and didn't get double-shifted. His linemate Greig only played 14:34 according to the stat sheet. The sheet also says his other linemate Dufour played 12 min.

I would say almost for sure the TOI stat is wrong, At one point I was going to post in this thread during the 3rd period if anyone saw Roy as he hadn't been on the ice for some time as I thought maybe I missed him as I sometimes over do it with the fast forward button. Now it's possible I missed a shift or two maybe as I even wondered if he was benched for the penalty (but couldn't really see why they would do that), or if injured but then he was out for the final minute or so (it's in the vid I posted).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sucks we landed the first pick in such a week draft. Imagine either powers, mctavish, Johnson, even berniers
More than likely the same will be said next year or next wjc if Slafkovsky/Wright/Nemec/Jiricek/Nazar/Cooley/etc all go.

Johnson has as many points as Cooley so far and Cooley has looked noticeably better than Johnson.

Im not Slafs biggest fan but he is 100% in the same category as all the guys you mentionned, save maybe Power.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't think you and I are watching the same games. Foerster was a force, physically and offensively. He plays a much heavier and faster game than Kidney. He was noticeable on almost every shift. I'm not saying Kidney isn't a good prospect, but if you want to win now, Forster brings much more to the table than Kidney. Much more. Starting with Finland, the competition now becomes much tougher and faster. Those players who can't compete at a high level, who can't skate well enough to create time and space for themselves on the offense and play effective defensively, will be exposed when we play the Finns, Swedes and the U.S.

Foerster did that. Yesterday. Not before. So it's not about whatching the GAMES. It's really just yesterday.

Anyway, the ship has sailed. Kidney is done. And it's fine. I just thought he looked great when we saw him. But in that tournament, you go with a lineup and stick to it. Frankly, there could be an argument than Stankhoven didn't like his best. Yet, I guess that if you bring Kidney in, it's for his sound dfensive play. And you have guys like that. For Stankhoven, they still think he's a solution on the PP. You don't get him out.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Mysak gets the puck to the back of the head. Hope he'll be okay.

He skated to the bench and is being looked at in the hallway behind the bench.

Edit: good news. Mysak is back on the ice.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

"Foerster" and "fast" should never be used in the same sentence unless you are describing a player that blew past him. Kidney isn't fast by any means but he is easily a better skater than Foerster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad