Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Would your assessment be the same if Kidney wasn’t a Montreal prospect?
It has nothing to do with Kidney, Foerster's skating issues are common knowledge. Try doing some research before throwing around homerism accusations. You are barking up the wrong tree with that one as many posters on here could certainly attest to.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
It has nothing to do with Kidney, Foerster's skating issues are common knowledge. Try doing some research before throwing around homerism accusations. You are barking up the wrong tree with that one as many posters on here could certainly attest to.
‘Homerism’ or not, the simple truth is that neither Kidney nor Forrster would be on the team if all the top Canadian players were available. Nevertheless, in August of 2022, Foerster gives Canada a better chance of winning than Kidney. A sentiment that is apparently shared by the Team Canada coaches.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Wasn't there for the US goal...ouch Edvinsson. Bad turnover and then completley unable to take on Smurfy Berard? Come on man...

Wait 4-5 years. He'll tell you which one he would have chosen. Seriously, for me, he goes Wright. And nobody right now can say whether it would have been the right or the wrong pick.
If it was a Timmins 1st round pick it would be wrong. I can guarantee it without watching either player play a lick.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The team to beat has to be the US. Canada will have their hands full should they clash in the Gold medal game.
Has the US overtaken Canada as the best Hockey program? Seems that way.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
‘Homerism’ or not, the simple truth is that neither Kidney nor Forrster would be on the team if all the top Canadian players were available. Nevertheless, in August of 2022, Foerster gives Canada a better chance of winning than Kidney. A sentiment that is apparently shared by the Team Canada coaches.

I never debated that for a second, I was directly replying to your assertion that Foerster was fast which everyone knows couldn't be further from the truth.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I never debated that for a second, I was directly replying to your assertion that Foerster was fast which everyone knows couldn't be further from the truth.
Perhaps. But Foerster plays faster and heavier. Kidney may have a higher upside, but in the coming games against Finland, Sweden and the Americans, Forrster will be the more impactive player and unless there is an injury you won’t see Kidney playing again. While It’s a great boost of confidence for this young player to be chosen for Team Canada, the 2022 WJC is not Kidney’s time. Next year, however, is a whole different question.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Perhaps. But Foerster plays faster and heavier. Kidney may have a higher upside, but in the coming games against Finland, Sweden and the Americans, Forrster will be the more impactive player and unless there is an injury you won’t see Kidney playing again. While It’s a great boost of confidence for this young player to be chosen for Team Canada, the 2022 WJC is not Kidney’s time. Next year, however, is a whole different question.
Foerster is most likely the slowest player in the tournament

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

I don't know that Foerster plays faster than Kidney either as Kidney moves the puck well and is a better skater. Foerster has a huge size, strength advantage and has a much better shot and that is why he is playing ahead of Kidney and I am ok with that. Kidney is likely better in transition while Foerster is a better fit in the O-zone.

I didn't expect Kidney to make the team and am not really that interested in the current tournament anyways tbh. Playing for TC is a huge honour but these short tournaments historically are vastly overrated by fans.

Reactions: Emrasie

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Mysak is the kind of player we would have hyped up years ago just because we never had any good prospects.

I still think it is 3rd line upside with him, but he had a disappointing D+1/2 years and is essentially in the write off category with Ylonen IMO.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The team to beat has to be the US. Canada will have their hands full should they clash in the Gold medal game.
Has the US overtaken Canada as the best Hockey program? Seems that way.

imo the best hockey program atm would be Finland. 5.5 millions population. That's significantly less than Quebec alone. That's significantly less population than a major US city alone.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
imo the best hockey program atm would be Finland. 5.5 millions population. That's significantly less than Quebec alone. That's significantly less population than a major US city alone.
Per capita I agree

Canada is facing a great test today for sure

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad