Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Who cares if Roy was taken off Bedard/McTavish line? Geezus ... both are talented puck hogs. It's a duo. Wasting Roy's own puck possession skills on that line.

Even more than power skating, he needs work on startups. It's really important in NHL to have quick feet. He's still a solid top 6 forward prospect.

Hopefully he's given a quality in-season training regiment to allow him to work on his issues. I want to see improvement in his skating by end of season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who cares if Roy was taken off Bedard/McTavish line? Geezus ... both are talented puck hogs. It's a duo. Wasting Roy's own puck possession skills on that line.

Even more than power skating, he needs work on startups. It's really important in NHL to have quick feet. He's still a solid top 6 forward prospect.

Hopefully he's given a quality in-season training regiment to allow him to work on his issues. I want to see improvement in his skating by end of season.
How much improvement can be had on startups? Is that not a function of an individual’s attributes like fast twitch muscles, reflexes, natural speed? I suspect some things are what they are and can’t be significantly improved upon but I’m not sure if it’s the case for startups and quicker feet.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
How much improvement can be had on startups? Is that not a function of an individual’s attributes like fast twitch muscles, reflexes, natural speed? I suspect some things are what they are and can’t be significantly improved upon but I’m not sure if it’s the case for startups and quicker feet.

IDK, but if he could stop skating upright it would be a start. Doesn’t seem very aerodynamic.

Reactions: Runner77

tooji

Nov 24, 2015

I agree, that line just needs some crash and bang forchecker to go retrieve the puck for them and go to the front of the net. Roy was basically doing that but he’s way more effective as the scoring threat on a line

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
TSN pregame praising Mysak and Roy.

Regarding Roy specifically saying he looked more comfortable on a line with Dufour. And that Dave Cameron liked what he saw when they were together.

Garand gets the start.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Mysak wagon lfg

image.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad