Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One good point about Roy being put on another line is to have a better idea of what he has to offer. It’s hard to gauge a player’s offensive acumen when he’s the 3rd wheel on a line with perhaps a generational player + McTavish. As a Habs fan, I prefer to get a better evaluation even if it means he doesn’t pad his stats.

In the end, it's always great to see players do well in tournaments. But it does't always mean anything.

Suzuki was underwhelming.
Gabriel Bourque was a star.

One good point about Roy being put on another line is to have a better idea of what he has to offer. It’s hard to gauge a player’s offensive acumen when he’s the 3rd wheel on a line with perhaps a generational player + McTavish. As a Habs fan, I prefer to get a better evaluation even if it means he doesn’t pad his stats.

Yep. Though, I wouldn't even be surprised to see Roy back with them. Roy needed that stint with Dufour. And maybe Othmann's star will die down and he'Ll get back in. And that's fine too. It's a short tournament. It's not a season. Not a career. But despite that, Roy is still showing how intelligent he is no matter where he plays. Personnally, I just believe he's more effective away from BedTavish.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
N

Not bad you had to go to march to find a good comment on Roy.
And I'm the biased one???? You are funny. Hey check on this very thread...but I guess you missed it?

Didn't know that EVERY SINGLE POST meant...EVERY SINGLE POST AFTER MARCH 30.

Hey May 29!

Hey May 10! Defending Roy 'cause people were saying he made a lucky pass.

Should I go on or you have enough? Need more? Or did I had to talk about Roy every day of the week?

By the way the GOOD COMMENT is me saying Joshua Roy was the BPA in the 3rd round of his draft. Tell me good sir, how many of those types of good comments have you made as strong at that one?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I think Josh Roy is such a bad prospect that I had him BPA in the 3rd round of his draft year. Seems that him having to work on his skating and maybe shining more on a different line makes that I hate the kid. Would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad.....

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Just listen to what Cameron says. Now me. Cameron. He says that the guy who has to play with those 2 has to play HIS game and not the skill game that Mac and Bedard play.

It's NOT a criticism towards Roy that MAYBE in a short tournament like this one. you want him away from those 2 in order for him to play his game something I thought he did more weith Dufour.

So he was NOT demoted from bad play. He was taken out of the line in order, because it's such a small tournament, that you need players at the right place. And maybe somebody else play more their game while Roy play his game elsewhere. And in the end, that would make a team better.

No f***ing idea how that's a bad take....

I'll go slowly for you...Roy is a very good prospect. That in a short tournament like that might be more suited to play his game on another line. While he was very good with them. He could be great elsewhere. Better?
I think either you
- talk too much and say nothing
- ur English isn't ur first language
- ur just going around f in circles to avoid the larger picture
But damn I don't understand anything that ur trying to point out. What's ur point? What do u want us to takeaway from this. Is he good but not the best? No shit. Can he play on other lines? Yeah so what? But ultimately wth are you saying about him as a prospect or his game in the wjc.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I think either you
- talk too much and say nothing
- ur English isn't ur first language
- ur just going around f in circles to avoid the larger picture
But damn I don't understand anything that ur trying to point out. What's ur point? What do u want us to takeaway from this. Is he good but not the best? No shit. Can he play on other lines? Yeah so what? But ultimately wth are you saying about him as a prospect or his game in the wjc.

I guess understanding english isn't your first language either. The whole ''he hates Josh Roy'' started with the same usual suspect who was just floored that I had the nerve to say that I wasn't a fan of his play on that 1st line. That started the whole thing. I said that. And boom...I hated Roy and hated him because he was Timmins pick. My point? It's not because I said that that I hate him. Or hate Timmins. The only reason why it's hard for you and your pal to understand is pure bad faith.

So I'll answer your points as short as possible 'cause that seems an issue.

Him as a prospect: A great prospect that needs work on his skating
Him at the WJC: Very good performances so far but might be easier for him to play his game away from Bédard and McTavish. That might actually make Dufour even look better. While Bédard and McTavish can do it with pretty much anybody on their line. Making Team Canada better because of it.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I guess understanding english isn't your first language either. The whole ''he hates Josh Roy'' started with the same usual suspect who was just floored that I had the nerve to say that I wasn't a fan of his play on that 1st line. That started the whole thing. I said that. And boom...I hated Roy and hated him because he was Timmins pick. My point? It's not because I said that that I hate him. Or hate Timmins. The only reason why it's hard for you and your pal to understand is pure bad faith.

So I'll answer your points as short as possible 'cause that seems an issue.

Him as a prospect: A great prospect that needs work on his skating
Him at the WJC: Very good performances so far but might be easier for him to play his game away from Bédard and McTavish. That might actually make Dufour even look better. While Bédard and McTavish can do it with pretty much anybody on their line. Making Team Canada better because of it.
Understandable. I also don't like Roy's skating and energy level at times. I'm still doubtful he's a top end prospect for us.

Reactions: bopeep

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Understandable. I also don't like Roy's skating and energy level at times. I'm still doubtful he's a top end prospect for us.

Well I always like players with high IQ. I think he can be especially with development being first and foremost on top of our list now.

And frankly, even in this WJC, if Othmann dies down, it's entirely possible Roy goes back to the 1st line. We never know. But there is indeed ways to go. Doesn't mean that we hate a prospect because we think so.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
142 points in 77 games this past season. Yep, no energy.
Watch him play. The q sucks. Points don't mean anything
I mean just look at drouin. Q superstar. What a fail of a player. Do his points total in the Q mean he's got energy?

Well I always like players with high IQ. I think he can be especially with development being first and foremost on top of our list now.

And frankly, even in this WJC, if Othmann dies down, it's entirely possible Roy goes back to the 1st line. We never know. But there is indeed ways to go. Doesn't mean that we hate a prospect because we think so.
For me, he either becomes a top 6 player, hopefully like tofolli, or bust. And considering our track record and his poor skating, I already know where this is going.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I mean just look at drouin. Q superstar. What a fail of a player. Do his points total in the Q mean he's got energy?
I'm a big Q follower. Probably watched 15-20 games of Roy this year. And saw him only once this year live. While he didn't have a great game when I saw him live, my team destroyed his..lol, I have never seen him being lazy and lacking energy. So either I was lucky. Or lacking energy isn't a problem. Maybe, just maybe, we want him to play with more tempo. Something that was also said with Suzuki though.

But the guy isn't lazy. He WAS. Reason why he dropped that much. That and his skating. He then realized why he dropped that much and got his shit together.

Reactions: 1909

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
so many knee-jerk reactions here....let's not count out a prospect based on one minor move.

Reactions: 1909

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
"A faulty generalization is an informal fallacy wherein a conclusion is drawn about all or many instances of a phenomenon on the basis of one or a few instances of that phenomenon. It is similar to a proof by example in mathematics. It is an example of jumping to conclusions. For example, one may generalize about all people or all members of a group, based on what one knows about just one or a few people"

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I thought Sykora was great for Slovakia this evening. I liked both Sykora and Beck a lot heading into the draft. It will be interesting to follow their development and see if one pulls away from the other.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
142 points in 77 games this past season. Yep, no energy.
He played with 2 very good overagers, stats at junior level arent everything. Roy is tremendously talended, but his effort level isnt consistent from my viewings, when he moves his feet, he is really hard to stop and beautiful to watch, but his pace and effort level will need to keep increasing. He is not gritty and relies too much on his talent alone too often. That being said, his work rate improved, should keep improving and kid still could amount to a very good player. I just prefer players who give their all every shifts and compete hard on 200 ft. personally.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I thought Sykora was great for Slovakia this evening. I liked both Sykora and Beck a lot heading into the draft. It will be interesting to follow their development and see if one pulls away from the other.
We could have drafted him, but they rather gambled on Lane Hutson, who is a higher upside player. Loved Sykora as well, had him 1st round, but he projects more like a solid third line winger, what we already have in the system, so Im fine with the homerun swing they took with Hutson personally. Beck is a natural center, so Im happy with that pick too.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The Drouin+Q argument is one hell of a weak argument.
You can find dominant prospects in any league that ended up busting.
That's why bringing up points to prove effort level is a terrible argument lol

I'm a big Q follower. Probably watched 15-20 games of Roy this year. And saw him only once this year live. While he didn't have a great game when I saw him live, my team destroyed his..lol, I have never seen him being lazy and lacking energy. So either I was lucky. Or lacking energy isn't a problem. Maybe, just maybe, we want him to play with more tempo. Something that was also said with Suzuki though.

But the guy isn't lazy. He WAS. Reason why he dropped that much. That and his skating. He then realized why he dropped that much and got his shit together.
I didn't say lazy but more like too passive and not assertive. Combined with poor skating, it doesn't get my hopes high

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
"A faulty generalization is an informal fallacy wherein a conclusion is drawn about all or many instances of a phenomenon on the basis of one or a few instances of that phenomenon. It is similar to a proof by example in mathematics. It is an example of jumping to conclusions. For example, one may generalize about all people or all members of a group, based on what one knows about just one or a few people"
:huh::huh::huh:

So lemme get this straigh. You believe

a high amount of points in juniors = high effort level

???

So can I conclude that every junior dominant player automatically means they have high compete level??

Drouin, as one of a million examples, would prove you wrong.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He played with 2 very good overagers, stats at junior level arent everything. Roy is tremendously talended, but his effort level isnt consistent from my viewings, when he moves his feet, he is really hard to stop and beautiful to watch, but his pace and effort level will need to keep increasing. He is not gritty and relies too much on his talent alone too often. That being said, his work rate improved, should keep improving and kid still could amount to a very good player. I just prefer players who give their all every shifts and compete hard on 200 ft. personally.
Its like Im reading you talk about Suzuki all over again. We get it, you dont like when players are passive and use their IQs first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad