Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
If the its the scouts + verbeek going with the Silayev pick then perhaps really good sign.
Verbeek also did scouting when Detroit picked Seider and Edvinsson in addition to his job as Assistant GM. Edvinsson is taking longer due to his size to reach his potential. People thought Seider was a bad pick at #6 and the same when Anaheim picked Lindholm at #6. Wasn't Seider expected to go around #20 ? I thought Seider was gonna be a defensive minded Dman with not much offense when he was drafted, at the time I didn't think 6 points in the DEL in 29 games was that big of a deal. It wasn't SHL/KHL so I didn't think much of his offense.
To be fair, Seider was as high as #2 or #3 on pretty much every European's list for that draft. The bias against "traditional" hockey markets in many of the alleged expert lists is unfortunately still a reality. I saw Seider play live twice that season and already pointed out that he was doing everything right in his limited role and showing huge hockey IQ I had not seen in the league in any player since the 2004-05 lockout and resulting influx of major NHL talent.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I trust the Ducks scouts if we draft a D-man to pick a great one. But my preference is to pick Demidov if he's there. The ducks need high end offense in their system. And if he didn't have the injury history, I would have said the same thing about Lindstrom.

The ducks already have a great pipeline of D-men albeit with a hole at RHD. But I think you can get a good RHD later first round or second round (or better yet, sign a solid UFA like Roy). And I'm pretty high on Minty eventually being a #1.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Duck Off

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I prefer Sennecke over Demidov. Sennecke's trajectory is sky high and he still has a lot more room for growth. Demidov hasn't been challenged playing against subpar opposition. I wouldn't complain either way but I see so much potential in Sennecke

Reactions: Kalv

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
I prefer Sennecke over Demidov. Sennecke's trajectory is sky high and he still has a lot more room for growth. Demidov hasn't been challenged playing against subpar opposition. I wouldn't complain either way but I see so much potential in Sennecke
Wow! You are early too the gaslighting party, we normally start AFTER the "of the board" pick is made. ;)

(just joking around for those who don't understand the concept, IT IS allowed to have different opinions)

Reactions: Rasp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm in the same boat

Reactions: Rooch

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Should we be talking more about Buium? That was a pretty damn impressive freshman season especially when you consider it was his draft year
I think so. He is dominating at a super high level. I feel we don’t talk about him much because we don’t believe PV will take a 6 foot defensemen when there are several 6’2 and 6’3 guys on the board.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Should we be talking more about Buium? That was a pretty damn impressive freshman season especially when you consider it was his draft year

I love watching him play. He's one of those highly composed, deceptive defensemen, the type that look like they could play the game sitting in a recliner and still somehow shake off forecheckers and defenders - they are always personal favourites of mine. It's only the lack of standout physical traits that gives pause about his ultimate upside. He's not explosive nor big, you are essentially hoping for a left handed Adam Fox - but he's a massive outlier and not something that comes along very often. Most guys with that toolkit end up way more fringe, Fox is an exception because his IQ is on a nearly unmatched level. To take Buium at #3, you have to really be sold that his ability to process is truly on that same triple elite plus tier. Otherwise, you are taking a big risk that some of these more physically gifted options don't surpass him as they mature mentally.

Oct 18, 2011
I think so. He is dominating at a super high level. I feel we don’t talk about him much because we don’t believe PV will take a 6 foot defensemen when there are several 6’2 and 6’3 guys on the board.
Anytime someone draws Niedermayer comps I'm interested. Yeah size is good but that should be a secondary thing to look for after pure talent and personal character

I love watching him play. He's one of those highly composed, deceptive defensemen, the type that look like they could play the game sitting in a recliner and still somehow shake off forecheckers and defenders - they are always personal favourites of mine. It's only the lack of standout physical traits that gives pause about his ultimate upside. He's not explosive nor big, you are essentially hoping for a left handed Adam Fox - but he's a massive outlier and not something that comes along very often. Most guys with that toolkit end up way more fringe, Fox is an exception because his IQ is on a nearly unmatched level. To take Buium at #3, you have to really be sold that his ability to process is truly on that same triple elite plus tier. Otherwise, you are taking a big risk that some of these more physically gifted options don't surpass him as they mature mentally.
Madden calling Silayev a unicorn continues to stick out in my mind but you could talk me into like 5 guys to be honest

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Shame on Lindstroms injury history - he’s really grown on me and I think he’d the pick if he didn’t have the injury history.

Him, McTavish, Gauthier, Carlsson would be a menace to deal with for 10 years and I really think you could trade Zegras for a RHD (the right one) at that point

My final top 10:

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Dickinson
Silayev
Buium
Senneke
Iginla
Yakemchuk
Levshunov

Last edited: