Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Who has him as a mid-first? I hadn't seen that
Pronman in the most recent Athletic mock draft.

Part of his rationale is that the Sharks will most likely take a dman with Pittsburgh’s pick at #14. If the big 6 dmen are gone by then (Levshunov, Silayev, Parekh, Buium, Dickinson, Yakemchuk), the Sharks could very likely pivot to one of Solberg or Jiricek, as they seem to be the next tier of dmen.

Reactions: Static

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Pronman in the most recent Athletic mock draft.

Part of his rationale is that the Sharks will most likely take a dman with Pittsburgh’s pick at #14. If the big 6 dmen are gone by then (Levshunov, Silayev, Parekh, Buium, Dickinson, Yakemchuk), the Sharks could very likely pivot to one of Solberg or Jiricek, as they seem to be the next tier of dmen.
Damnit, was hoping Solberg would fall to us with our first if we went with a forward with out 3OA.

Solberg would be a good fit for tithe Hawks and could vie for a spot on their club within 2 years.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If we are trading up I would like to see Yakemchuk. Even if they get Levshunov or Silayev at 3, that basically ensures we are good on the back end for the next decade plus.

Minty-Silayev/Levehinov
Zellweger-Yakemchuk
Lacombe-Luneau

That’s gross in the best way.
The amount of Skill and Size in that Dcorp. Lev and Yak dishing out the big hits and slap shots.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lots of talk on the main board about him going in the top 20.

ouch...Levshunov talk starts after they discuss the Chicago-NYI draft pick trade...

The old man really is crotchety about Lev being a Belarusian with contesting his actual age because he's physically advanced and then contesting his willingness to stick on NA ice to where he can go back to his home country and be showered with rubles. That's part of his scouting report on Lev?! Crazy.

If you're a prospect not named Celebrini, then you've got lots of low-lights. Why not show if there was progression or not in order to determine continued concern about his play?

What the old man pointed out about Lev's flaws do exist. Elite Prospects also share the same flaws, but EP revisits prospects throughout the season to give those watching better depth of the prospects.

6 months ago. It should start around 11:36 on the discussion about Lev and being compared to Dickinson.

2 months ago and the video review are of games played around Jan 12th.

EP said two months ago that Lev is a high floor and high ceiling prospect. I agree, which is why I think whoever drafts Lev needs to let him stay in Michigan St. for another season of development so that he can reach that high ceiling. Michigan St. helped him improve so much in one season and excited to see how much more he can improve in year 2 of the NCAA.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The old man really is crotchety about Lev being a Belarusian with contesting his actual age because he's physically advanced and then contesting his willingness to stick on NA ice to where he can go back to his home country and be showered with rubles. That's part of his scouting report on Lev?! Crazy.

If you're a prospect not named Celebrini, then you've got lots of low-lights. Why not show if there was progression or not in order to determine continued concern about his play?

What the old man pointed out about Lev's flaws do exist. Elite Prospects also share the same flaws, but EP revisits prospects throughout the season to give those watching better depth of the prospects.

6 months ago. It should start around 11:36 on the discussion about Lev and being compared to Dickinson.

EP said two months ago that Lev is a high floor and high ceiling prospect. I agree, which is why I think whoever drafts Lev needs to let him stay in Michigan St. for another season of development so that he can reach that high ceiling. Michigan St. helped him improve so much in one season and excited to see how much more he can improve in year 2 of the NCAA.

The most interesting part to me was McKegg saying that many of the scouts he talks to are similarly concerned while saying that others love him. I guess we'll find out which camp Chicago or Anaheim is in come draft day.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

Yeah he’s as old school as they come -in general I’m fairly skeptical of his hockey opinions to be honest

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
mctavish was a late riser as well right?
He solidified his draft position at the U18s. Here's a little snippet from what scouts were saying:

Mac wasn't THAT much of a riser though. Bobby had him 9th in his preseason rankings that year.

Reactions: Terry Yake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad