Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Unfortunately except for maybe Demidov there really isn’t a forward worthy of being taken at 3OA either.

Lindstrom for me is the type of guy that can go top 3/5 in any draft - if there is no concern about an ongoing back issue. Especially if he can actually stick at center, a big body center who can do it all, those always have teams drooling.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Lindstrom for me is the type of guy that can go top 3/5 in any draft - if there is no concern about an ongoing back issue. Especially if he can actually stick at center, a big body center who can do it all, those always have teams drooling.
Totally agree but with carlsson/McTavish/Gauthier I think they go D. Just my feeling.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Yeah the Edmonton pick dropping at least five spots, definitely sucks the wind out of the idea of moving back up into the top 15 or so. The pick value chart I use, shows that 32+35 easily gets you to that range in theory, but that doesn't mean a team would actually do it.

Would gladly move the EDM 1st + our second in a package for an upgrade who fits the need and age window.
I think the scenario you move up is if a guy we really like drops 5 or so spots. A guy we value closer to 10 gets to 20.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
His tools are ridiculous but I’m not sold on his decision making. Feels like a lot of his success comes off of being physically dominant and I’m afraid that scoring will dry up. I think he could be a pretty elite shutdown 3c though.

Reactions: Beckett

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I agree, I think out of the defensemen Silayev and Levshunov are likely at the top of our list based on upside and fit. It is just very worrisome to not be able to see any offensive upside in Silayev even when he was playing in the MHL,

The more I think about it the more I'm okay with that, so long as they believe he can be an elite defensive guy. Having a guy who covers so much space, yet has mobility, can make him a dominant defender not just in his own zone, but in transition as well ... it struck me when watching all these playoff games how not only are games decided by generating chances and maintaining possession, but also how many games turn on scoring chances being thwarted by taking away time and space and passing lanes, even on the rush, and breaking up the opponent's possessions. It'd be one thing if he was big and a mediocre skater, but big with the mobility of a much smaller dman is truly noteworthy and exceedingly rare. And I don't think anyone has described him as stone handed.

It does take thinking outside the box to take a guy with limited offense at 3oa, but in a year where 2-12 are so close ... would any of us be upset if we were picking 12th and he fell to us? Doubt it. In a way we have to approach this pick with the mentality that we're not picking 3rd, we're picking much lower ... and if a guy is good enough to make sense at 12 then he also makes sense at 3.

I think only Demidov is the kind of player that almost always goes top 5 or so (depending on the strength of that draft). If he's gone, you just take who you like best, and don't get hung up on the pick #.

and seeing lack of defensive intensity from Levshunov in the NCAA.

As with a lot of young dmen with skill, I think it's possibly because he's being asked to do so much. A dman who's essentially one of the primary guys carrying the offensive load is sometimes going to have to pace himself defensively, because the team isn't loaded enough for him to coast on the other end. Michael Jordan wasn't going into full lockdown mode defensively on nights when the Bulls needed him to go for 50+.

I'm not a draft guy, I don't watch these guys beyond some highlights. But from the sound of it and what I've seen in those highlights, Demidov looks amazingly dynamic/creative, Lindstrom could be a near perfect do-everything power forward, Silayev would perfectly complement our more creative D, and Lev has the potential to be our best all around dman. Happy with any of them, if any of them succeed even to like 75% of potential they'd make us a much better team.

And now I've jinxed it and they'll pick Eiserman. Bastards.

• Haha
Reactions: cheesymc

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
It isn't worth two spots with zero knowledge of who will be there.

The timing of this is bizarre.
Timing is weird unless they’re considering moving up again. We were just talking about how it is going to be tough to move up because Edmonton won last round. Move out later second to move the Edmonton pick up 3 or 4 spots. Then you’re in a better spot to move into the top 20. Won’t be able to make a double move like that draft day.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I think the move so early for just a few spots is to creep up higher later. You need time to make the moves happen and when teams finalize their lists it could be more difficult to convince them to pass on their guy.

Very rare and interesting so I like it.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Would be hilarious if the ducks traded for that 20th pick and gave them our later 2nd and our 3rd

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
The only way it makes sense is if the Hawks have 18 people they would pick, which seems unlikely?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I watched 4-5 KHL games and most of the MHL playoffs, he was at RD every game.
Exactly what I thought might be the case but I wasn't sure of it.
His size and reach will help with playing his off side and his slapper from offside has a better angle for goals, Russians forwards typically play offwing for better shooting angles.

Reactions: tomd

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I was going to say Erik Gudbranson, but he scored a bit in Juniors. Bryan Allen might be close. He was drafted 4th overall.

(Sorry, I'm just cycling through all of the giant pylons Murray went through in the 10's.)
Gudbranson was great here top 4 and made Fowler look competent defensively. Of course the most annoying anti fighting poster with a new alias comes up with another 🗑 post

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I wonder if there is any way to pry the 10th OA from NJ. There are three good sized forwards that look like good fits and NJ is probably looking to win now. Something around Terry (doesn’t fit how PV wants to build this team).

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
If we are trading up I would like to see Yakemchuk. Even if they get Levshunov or Silayev at 3, that basically ensures we are good on the back end for the next decade plus.

Minty-Silayev/Levehinov
Zellweger-Yakemchuk
Lacombe-Luneau

That’s gross in the best way.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
If we are trading up I would like to see Yakemchuk. Even if they get Levshunov or Silayev at 3, that basically ensures we are good on the back end for the next decade plus.

Minty-Silayev/Levehinov
Zellweger-Yakemchuk
Lacombe-Luneau

That’s gross in the best way.
That would be amazing

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I wonder if there is any way to pry the 10th OA from NJ. There are three good sized forwards that look like good fits and NJ is probably looking to win now. Something around Terry (doesn’t fit how PV wants to build this team).
PV just signed him to a 7 year deal. Not to mention he said we don’t have enough right shot forwards as it is.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck and Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad