Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Im certain I already responded to this but its lost in the Matrix. Anyway what I said was that Mr. Robert doesn't have to worry about this considering barca aren't going for Bellerin. Unless they want to start with 11 right backs.
LOL! You don't want to see Bellerin running down the wing shooting crosses into no one?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you are Liverpool and let's say you have €50M to spend. Which CB you would target in January?

The players would need to have some decent experience.

The RBL duo is out of question as they will not sale in january and not to LFC.

I am thinking maybe a guy like Koulibaly? Could Real Madrid be interested in selling Militao?

Ben White.

Sorry Brighton Bob but he is the only one that covers midfield and defense, won’t have to get used to the PL, and fills a HG spot. Long term target. Bit of an overpay but not a terrible overpay all things considered since City ruined the CB market prices. All the other guys that would be around 50 would go over 50 because of January. Liverpool also need a guy that can step in right away, especially if Matip out long term they can’t play around. If they don’t replace Matip with the right guy their season is over.

Reactions: robertmac43

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If we stay in the premier league my #1 target would be Vestergaard. The guy is a monster physicaly and he can deliver every passes. He is a bit older but I don't care Liverpool want to win now not in 5 years.

Everytime I watch Vestergaard it reminds me of Van Dijk.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
If you are Liverpool and let's say you have €50M to spend. Which CB you would target in January?

The players would need to have some decent experience.

The RBL duo is out of question as they will not sale in january and not to LFC.

I am thinking maybe a guy like Koulibaly? Could Real Madrid be interested in selling Militao?

You don't want anything to do with Militao right now. In La Liga you could get Domingos Duarte from Granada for relatively cheap, kinda underrated still but not for long.
Pau Torres is good too but might be close to the 50M same for Diego Carlos (Kounde already confirmed to be valued above 50)

Reactions: koyvoo

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If we stay in the premier league my #1 target would be Vestergaard. The guy is a monster physicaly and he can deliver every passes. He is a bit older but I don't care Liverpool want to win now not in 5 years.

Everytime I watch Vestergaard it reminds me of Van Dijk.

he’s out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. So he’ll fit right in then

Reactions: bluesfan94

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Arsenal are apparently willing to pay 25 million. Fair? Overall I think this move makes too much sense for the Arsenal board to make the transfer anyway. Probably going to get a washed up Isco or Eriksen instead.
Don’t think Brandt goes to Arsenal, especially not for 25.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So LFC may have signed a CB already. But he is a 16 year old Stefan Bajcetic, a Serbian-Spanish from Celta Vigo. Going out on a limb but I don’t think he is one for right away

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've seen Arsenal being linked to...

- Brandt (Which has already been discussed)
- Lamptey (Which would be amazing)
- Isco (But sounds like he might be making his way to Juve)

The outs are even more weird...

- Mustafi to Barca (I just don't understand it, but I've seen bits and bops of this for the past six months and a lot lately)
- Ozil to Fenerbahce (Reported by Bild)
- Bellerin to Spain (Not sure if it's strictly to Barca)

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Ben White.

Sorry Brighton Bob but he is the only one that covers midfield and defense, won’t have to get used to the PL, and fills a HG spot. Long term target. Bit of an overpay but not a terrible overpay all things considered since City ruined the CB market prices. All the other guys that would be around 50 would go over 50 because of January. Liverpool also need a guy that can step in right away, especially if Matip out long term they can’t play around. If they don’t replace Matip with the right guy their season is over.
City ruined CB market price? It was Liverpool that paid a world record 93 million USD for Van Dijk. City still has not paid more than that several years later.

What's next? City ruined market price for Brazilian Goalkeepers?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Arsenal are apparently willing to pay 25 million. Fair? Overall I think this move makes too much sense for the Arsenal board to make the transfer anyway. Probably going to get a washed up Isco or Eriksen instead.

That could be fair current market value, but I’m looking for 50M+, if I’m selling. That might not be realistic with his current form. I don’t necessarily want to sell the player though. Would need to be enticed. More than a fair fee.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
City ruined CB market price? It was Liverpool that paid a world record 93 million USD for Van Dijk. City still has not paid more than that several years later.

City paid 41m for Nathan Ake to be a backup CB this summer. That is a market ruining signing. City have paid over 40m for centerbacks 5 times accounting for over 40% of the center backs with top 12 transfer fees ever. Yes that is market ruining. Liverpool paid a lot for Virgil but he played just about every game for them before his injury this season and has justified the fee. There is a difference between paying for the best player at their position and overpaying backups to keep them off the market.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dortmund aren’t taking 25m for Brandt.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Well I think the first CB big money signing was David Luiz to PSG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
City has 9 of the 20 most expensive defensemen of all time (6 of the top 10).
United has 4 of the top 25, Juve and Real have 2, Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham have 1, PSG has 2, Milan/Bayern have 1.

10 of the top 12 are EPL bought.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
City paid 41m for Nathan Ake to be a backup CB this summer. That is a market ruining signing. City have paid over 40m for centerbacks 5 times accounting for over 40% of the center backs with top 12 transfer fees ever. Yes that is market ruining. Liverpool paid a lot for Virgil but he played just about every game for them before his injury this season and has justified the fee. There is a difference between paying for the best player at their position and overpaying backups to keep them off the market.
When you pay 93 m for the top CB in 2017 then that obviously leads to 40 m for a decent CB in 2020; not the other way round.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Quite interesting to see when you break it down by position.
EPL accounts for 11 of the top 25 goalie signings. 17 of the top 25 defensemen, 16 of the top 25 midfielders, but "only" 8 of the top 25 forwards (Liga has 10).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
When you pay 93 m for the top CB in 2017 then that obviously leads to 40 m for a decent CB in 2020; not the other way round.
I would say LFC only paid that much because they had to with the sale of Coutinho. If no Coutinho deal I don't think they even consider going that high. Van Dijk is still to this day the record purchase for LFC. They are very cheap owners.

They paid £75m not 93

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
City has 9 of the 20 most expensive defensemen of all time (6 of the top 10).
United has 4 of the top 25, Juve and Real have 2, Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham have 1, PSG has 2, Milan/Bayern have 1.

10 of the top 12 are EPL bought.
Moving the goalposts Evilo. We are discussing CB specifically, not defenders as a whole. I agree City have spent crazy amounts on RB/LB (mostly crap ones anyways like Mendy).

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
I would say LFC only paid that much because they had to with the sale of Coutinho. If no Coutinho deal I don't think they even consider going that high. Van Dijk is still to this day the record purchase for LFC. They are very cheap owners.

They paid £75m not 93
93 m USD or 75 m pounds.

I don't disagree with what LFC did. The proof is in the results obtained since then and Van Dijk has been a heck of a signing for them (probably their best and they have made some excellent ones)
But to claim the CB market is inflated because of City buying Ake in 2020 when Liverpool paid almost double that in 2017 is disingenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad