Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
According to Ornstein - Origi and Shaqiri could leave Liverpool in January, but is still not expecting any first team incomings. No update on Wijnaldum contract.

Traditionally Ornstein is better for the London clubs but worth mentioning if he is saying it.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal want Julian Brandt. Would be quite a good signing, although not the world class name we need in that role.

Reactions: robertmac43

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I mean to be fair, Jones would be Arsenal’s best midfielder.
It's like people just conveniently forgot about Saka.

And the Jones/Balo thing isn't a swap. I think Jones wants Balo to join. Doesn't make sense for Balo to join when LFC just sold their own striker prospect. He's not going to get the game time he seeks.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

And the Jones/Balo thing isn't a swap. I think Jones wants Balo to join. Doesn't make sense for Balo to join when LFC just sold their own striker prospect. He's not going to get the game time he seeks.
Yeah I think that was the point but I flipped it saying Jones would be joining balogun at arsenal.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

I am hoping to be able to seal the deal for Deadpool.

Last I heard, Brugge reached and agreement with Dallas, so now it's up to the player

Thing is, a RB is literally the last thing we need right now (especially on that price tag) since we already have a fantastic RB who was voted player of the season by our fans last season.

Ah well he'll probably choose Juve anyway

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
According to Ornstein - Origi and Shaqiri could leave Liverpool in January, but is still not expecting any first team incomings. No update on Wijnaldum contract.
Can't speak for Origi since I don't think he should leave, but Shaqiri has gotten like five games the entire season. I think he was injured somewhere in there as well if I remember correctly, but the bloke needs to play games especially if he's healthy now (he's a good enough player to not leave on the bench). It will be interesting because I keep seeing Wijnaldum to Barca rumours like every weekend.

I am not sure Saka is a midfielder player, it looks like he's developing into a nice winger.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Very few teams can accommodate his wages. Barcelona have no money and there is no way he would be welcome at Real Madrid. That would leave Manchester City but he does not seem like the type of guy to go to England.

Whether he'd be welcomed at Madrid is one thing, whether they could too could afford him is another. It's not like Madrid have money either. Of course I suspect they could rather easily raise the cash by selling overrated players to poorly run clubs with money, but Madrid have their own books to balance.

Anyway, Neymar signing an extension now being conflated into something else considering today is December 27th, 2020 is pretty incredible.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal want Julian Brandt. Would be quite a good signing, although not the world class name we need in that role.
He was extremely hyped a couple of years ago. Anyone know if he has taken steps forward? I feel like I don't hear about him as much.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was extremely hyped a couple of years ago. Anyone know if he has taken steps forward? I feel like I don't hear about him as much.

There are times where he's a match winner. There are times where he's very underwhelming.

I think he's been misused a lot under Favre. Favre had an infatuation with using Reus as a secondary striker. It worked for about half a season, but since Reus got injured Favre's first season, it hasn't worked, and he's been using behind the CF to very little effect. This has almost entirely eliminated the role of a CAM, which is Brandt's position. Brandt really isn't very good playing as a winger or as a CF, and he's a liability as a #8 defensively, unless its against a team that won't have any possession.

Even though Favre had started to realize this season that Reus is a liability and can't be used in a secondary striker role as a replacement for a CAM every game, CAM is Reyna's best position. Reyna's really emerged this season, and when it's not Reus behind the CF, it's usually Reyna. Brandt has been victim from that he's never been first choice at Dortmund in his position for more than a few games at a time.

I don't want to sell him for nothing. If Arsenal wants to pay up, based on his potential, selling him is something to consider, but if Arsenal wants him as a bargain because he's not playing great, I don't want to sell low on a good player.

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
There are times where he's a match winner. There are times where he's very underwhelming.

I think he's been misused a lot under Favre. Favre had an infatuation with using Reus as a secondary striker. It worked for about half a season, but since Reus got injured Favre's first season, it hasn't worked, and he's been using behind the CF to very little effect. This has almost entirely eliminated the role of a CAM, which is Brandt's position. Brandt really isn't very good playing as a winger or as a CF, and he's a liability as a #8 defensively, unless its against a team that won't have any possession.

Even though Favre had started to realize this season that Reus is a liability and can't be used in a secondary striker role as a replacement for a CAM every game, CAM is Reyna's best position. Reyna's really emerged this season, and when it's not Reus behind the CF, it's usually Reyna. Brandt has been victim from that he's never been first choice at Dortmund in his position for more than a few games at a time.

I don't want to sell him for nothing. If Arsenal wants to pay up, based on his potential, selling him is something to consider, but if Arsenal wants him as a bargain because he's not playing great, I don't want to sell low on a good player.

Arsenal are apparently willing to pay 25 million. Fair? Overall I think this move makes too much sense for the Arsenal board to make the transfer anyway. Probably going to get a washed up Isco or Eriksen instead.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If you are Liverpool and let's say you have €50M to spend. Which CB you would target in January?

The players would need to have some decent experience.

The RBL duo is out of question as they will not sale in january and not to LFC.

I am thinking maybe a guy like Koulibaly? Could Real Madrid be interested in selling Militao?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad