Blue Jays Discussion: Winter Meetings: Because there's no more fitting time to talk baseball than December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sanchez is going to start unless the new guys sign another starter

you say this like you're pretty sure of it, but there are currently 6 guys ahead of Sanchez in the rotation. He might be given a chance to win a job, but he'll more likely be slotted in the pen. Especially considering his stuff plays up in the pen unlike some of the starters in front of him who would just be long men.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
I thought Madson was going to be another value sign. I know he had a good year bouncing back from injury, but I'd still be skeptical.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Sanchez is going to start unless the new guys sign another starter

There is absolutely no evidence that this is going to happen. Even though I would love to see Aaron start as I am one of his biggest supporters around here.

mikebel111*

I want Sanchez in the rotation but it looks unlikely as off right now

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
If the rumours that we're still in the running for Chris Davis and Joakim Soria are true, this leads me to believe 1 of 2 things:

1) The budget is actually higher than 140 mil.

2) Trades are coming.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If the rumours that we're still in the running for Chris Davis and Joakim Soria are true, this leads me to believe 1 of 2 things:

2) Trades are coming.

I thought they said we aren't going after any big ticket free agents?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

2) Trades are coming.

What rumors? I haven't heard anything about Davis. At least nothing in the past week since they said they weren't going after any big ticket guys.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS

2) Trades are coming.

Unless I missed something... we're not in the running for Davis, and I doubt we ever were.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Beane's last pricey reliever didn't end so well. I prefer not to mention his name so that I can avoid the nightmares :sarcasm:

Clippard? He sucked and yet they still got a pretty decent sleeper prospect for him at the deadline. If he pitched well, they'd have gotten a few.

There are always teams eager to trade prospects for even a semi-reliable reliever towards the deadline.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Unless I missed something... we're not in the running for Davis, and I doubt we ever were.

There was never a rumour. It was Cor saying someone on fan590..(a caller maybe?) saying Davis would be a good idea. The conversation took off from there.
(no offense Cor. you just didn't specify.)

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

2) Trades are coming.
I doubt we're in on Davis. I could see them just checking in, but thats about it.

Not too sure about Soria either. I think he'll get at least 7 mill a year or so, and I believe we have about 4 million or so right now. There were some rumours that came out that we were searching for some cheap hard throwers for the BP.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
If Rogers is willing to pony up 5mil~ or so more then their current cap we could pick up Sipp and Lowe. Our BP would instantly become a strength.

LR: Chavez
MR: Loup
MR: Lowe
MR: Sipp
SU: Sanchez
SU: Cecil
CL: Osuna

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Clippard? He sucked and yet they still got a pretty decent sleeper prospect for him at the deadline. If he pitched well, they'd have gotten a few.

There are always teams eager to trade prospects for even a semi-reliable reliever towards the deadline.

I was referring to Jim Johnson (man, that is tough to say). But yeah, technically Clippard was the last pricey reliever.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

On the upside it puts an end to the Chapman rumors around Toronto, likely for a price too high in prospect capital to pay for a reliever on the last year of his contract (probably looking to get paid big time in FA next off-season).

On the downside it crystallizes the relief market somewhat and makes it more competitive to get the half-decent FA relievers still out there for a reasonable amount of cash.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Whats better for a team on a budget than a player who will make $1 million per game.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
gut punch.

I was over Price, I'd rather just forget than hear he was gonna come back had we given him a decent offer

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
gut punch.

I was over Price, I'd rather just forget than hear he was gonna come back had we given him a decent offer

What we consider decent and what Price's agent consider decent I assure you are two different things.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What we consider decent and what Price's agent consider decent I assure you are two different things.

still I'd prefer to just forget Price ever existed than keep getting reminded about how he would have liked to be here.

and I'm not talking about people posting that here. I already saw it on twitter, I'd just rather not see it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad