Blue Jays Discussion: Winter Meetings: Because there's no more fitting time to talk baseball than December

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Blue Jays have to start thinking about low risk high reward guys.

Edwin Jackson
Kyle Kendrick
Carlos Villaneuva
Mike Pelfrey

Guys that you won't have to pay a ton for and you can get on a 1 year deal.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I think they'll look to add one established late inning reliever, and one flier that could reap rewards. Something like Shaw and Cook.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
No chance
We have nothing to give for him plus we have Osuna as a closer already. I doubt LAD traded for Chapman to trade away Jansen.

LAD traded for Chapman to be the closer. It is reported that Jansen only wants to close and will see it as a slap in the face to be 8th inning.

Happ and Jansen ,just like old times...:)

Yeah... except it's a different Jansen entirely.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
We should close this thread and start a new one. I mean we're only at 334 posts so far, but I'm pretty sure we've already reached the limit on how much stupid 1 thread can have.

And I don't expect the stupid will stop anytime soon.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
LAD traded for Chapman to be the closer. It is reported that Jansen only wants to close and will see it as a slap in the face to be 8th inning.

Yeah... except it's a different Jansen entirely.

;)Well Casey Janssen is a free agent .....and a closer.....nah would they?

Lol Happ....Would you be surprised if Casey Janssen came back to Toronto in 2016???

Last edited:

mikebel111*

We should close this thread and start a new one. I mean we're only at 334 posts so far, but I'm pretty sure we've already reached the limit on how much stupid 1 thread can have.

amen to this

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Wilner shot it down quickly

I didn't hear that part. Just seemed really curious to me. Didn't seem to make any sense from the Jays perspective.

The only thing that made me pause was wondering if Berger perhaps had a decent source with the new guys that have entered the Jays front office. He was a reporter for a long time (and was the Jays beat guy at one time), made me wonder if he had crossed paths with Shapiro, et al in the past.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
;)Well Casey Janssen is a free agent .....and a closer.....nah would they?

Lol Happ....Would you be surprised if Casey Janssen came back to Toronto in 2016???

I'm pretty sure most people would be absolutely stunned if Casey Janssen came back on anything other than a minor league deal. He's been terrible for a year and a half. He's not really a major-leaguer at this point.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Carson Smith is really good. Sox now have the best pen in the AL, I think. A shade better than KC and Yankees.

Seattle continues their habit of making at least one really questionable trade per off-season.

We have Bo Shultz and Ryan Tepera, so I'm not worried.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
EE sets deadline for extension and seems to be using the Price to BoSox pain point to poke and prod his way to a new deal:

http://www.tsn.ca/report-encarnacion-sets-deadline-for-extension-1.405535

Nothing from EE's camp has been said. The "mutual interest" as far as I can tell is Bradford going back a few years to when John Farrel said he liked EE. For what it's worth. Obviously with Ortiz retiring they're interested in any DH. Unfortunately for them HanRam could be that guy if he can't pick up 1st base.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

You think it's stupid in here?

A caller on Prime Time just compared David Price to Wayne Gretzky...

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Now a caller is telling Bob under Shapiro the Jays will play a more "American-style" of ball instead of the very "Canadian-style" they currently play...

Can't make this stuff up...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure most people would be absolutely stunned if Casey Janssen came back on anything other than a minor league deal. He's been terrible for a year and a half. He's not really a major-leaguer at this point.

Well i wouldn't bet against it ....

Casey Janssen made 3.5 million last year,will make less this year.
He didn't really want to leave Toronto...

Fourth on the Toronto all time saves list.....hmmmm

Some where in the front office,i bet this is a plan B ....

Casey Janssen back at 2 million a year?

Happ is back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad