Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
NBC female commentator after the Trouba tying goal.

"The roof might come off this place. It has gotten so loud"

Brian Boucher

"This is why you can fall apart playing in a building like this. It get so loud you get all discombobulated "

Love it :handclap:

Later he said

"I think that third goal was a goal scored by the crowd"

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
@ps241, to answer question above, this is what Wheels said to Oake during interview on bench.

That's not correct. Wheeler talked about the crowds twice last night; the first time was with Scott Oake on the bench at the end of the game (click), and the second time which is described in the tweet Aavco posted was in his postgame presser at the 3:38 mark (click).

Last edited:

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
If you think Hendricks is insignificant, you need to go back and re-watch game 2. His impact on the game was significant.

Maurice wisely took steps to minimize his ability to be significant in game 3, by using matchups and severely limiting his usage.

Really?

I think the guys playing 20+ minutes and what they did or didn't do was far more significant.

Little takes the penalty that we get scored on while Hendy is PKing

The Copp goal doesn't happen if Hendy doesn't give the Dman a little push... And that was a strange call in light of the preds first goal in game 3 where Myers takes a very similar cross check to the back keeping him from doing his job.

There is absolutely no way way Hendy was at fault for the OT goal more than any other player on the ice not named Toby (ironically considering they took the blame).

The whole Hendricks narrative is a smoke screen for those to blast PoMo or vent their frustrations.

It should be let go.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m loving the salt of Subban. Here’s a quote from a TSN article:

“But I think there’s some frustration on our side when things happen on the ice and they get one, two, three, four, five different shots at guys after the whistle and stuff like that. Poke at our goaltender. That’s not the reason that we lost, but those things can be frustrating. And then they called two penalties at the end on us. But we have to be better-disciplined.”

“Subban, appearing to contradict himself, insinuated that the referees were biased in favour of the Jets.
“I mean, I’m not going to comment on the officiating,” Subban said, “but I’m standing at the faceoff, I get a shot in the back of the head five times or a shot in the shoulder and I’ve just got my stick on the ice. You know, I wonder if I do that, what happens? If I give [Mark] Scheifele a couple shots like that, I don’t know.””

The irony of Subban complaining about the Jets getting away with stuff. Whine a little more you big baby :laugh:

Just Forfun

Mar 31, 2018

I totally agree with you Jets 31- Buff is "definitely" the Alpha dog, and without him, the Jet's would just not even be close to the same as they are now. He does so many things well--he's hugely strong, hits and intimidates guys, he's a great skater, can lead a rush, and is a great scorer, with a great shot --he can take over a game like he did against the Preds last night.

If anybody cannot see that--in my mind, they really don't know the game of Hockey. I'd go as far to say that Buff is in the top 3 defencemen in the league, and you can arguably also say, he's the # 1 defenceman in the NHL right now. I'd take him over Subban, and PK makes $ 3 mil per year more than Buff.

If we didn't have Buff-- I don't think we'd get past the Preds--thank God we have him.

Buff of the last part of the season and in the playoffs is not the same Buff from early parts of the season. He has stepped up his game so much. But more than that he is not making silly passes or taking bad penalties.

He plays with a lot of passion, you can see how much he loves the game. But when he gets frustrated he makes bad decisions. Ever sinse they have allowed the defense to move more offensively, he seems to have found an outlet for his passion and I have seen very little of the frustrated Buff. He's fully engaged and focused positively now. Buff is in full-on Beast-mode.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
The Preds have too many fakers. Subban - we have all seen it. Ryan Ellis with an epic Oscar winning performance last night - puck hits his shoulder pad so he grabs his face and falls to the ice like a sack of potatoes to get a stoppage in play. Trainer comes running out with the towel thinking 'this is gonna be bad - puck to the face'. Gets there, searching, wait a minute - not even a scratch?!?!

Reactions: nhlpro

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
Host for the Montreal tsn radio show is tweeting crap that we boo subban because he is black. @mckennaconor

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Doesn't it feel better that we scored on a Subban penalty?

And he actually complained about an obvious high stick. That camera on him in the penalty box was priceless

I can't believe the commentators actually were saying that it was a weak call because of how late in the game it was. When is a high stick to the face not a penalty? What a dumb comment. There's some things that can be let go, but a stick to the face should always be called. They're lucky he didn't draw blood and got 4 minutes.

Reactions: Evil Little

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Maurice to Murat......that's a good question

(He asked if he made the Ehlers/Connor change to help get through the neutral zone)

Almost like Maurice was afraid to answer.....doesn't want another article written? ;)
Really digging Murat in these interviews. Have known him for a few years and we talk about hockey every now and then. Not only is he a very smart guy and great writer, one of the nicest and most polite guys you will meet.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016
I’m loving the salt of Subban. Here’s a quote from a TSN article:

“But I think there’s some frustration on our side when things happen on the ice and they get one, two, three, four, five different shots at guys after the whistle and stuff like that. Poke at our goaltender. That’s not the reason that we lost, but those things can be frustrating. And then they called two penalties at the end on us. But we have to be better-disciplined.”

“Subban, appearing to contradict himself, insinuated that the referees were biased in favour of the Jets.
“I mean, I’m not going to comment on the officiating,” Subban said, “but I’m standing at the faceoff, I get a shot in the back of the head five times or a shot in the shoulder and I’ve just got my stick on the ice. You know, I wonder if I do that, what happens? If I give [Mark] Scheifele a couple shots like that, I don’t know.””

The irony of Subban complaining about the Jets getting away with stuff. Whine a little more you big baby :laugh:

PK Subban whining about the refereeing. What a joke. He's gotten away with more than we'll ever know.

Yep. As one poster on here said (and I can't remember who it was to give that person credit): perfect example of the kettle calling the teapot black. :laugh:

Someone bought the single seat in front of me last night, slammed 3 beers before they went up 3-0 then left.

He could have had so much fun if he had a little faith.

It might have been something other than the score. Stuff happens. For instance, a couple of seasons ago, my wife and I had to leave the Jets-Flyers game early when I got a text message from my cousin saying that my other cousin passed away (and I think the Jets were losing by that point).

But, if it was indeed because of the score, well said person learned the hard way that you need to sit through the whole game.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Host for the Montreal tsn radio show is tweeting crap that we boo subban because he is black. @mckennaconor
Montreal where he was booed by his own fans for being black I guess.

f***ing moron taking the controversial stance to get attention.

The worst kind of media douche.

Go ask Kevin Weekes how he feels getting a banana thrown at him in Montreal That is racism.

PK is just unlikeable. I have even defended him so much in the past but I am past the breaking point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad