OT - NO POLITICS Winter is coming.........

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Elon is a visionary and is making the world a better place, though as a TSLA stockholder I get concerned about how he gets tunnel vision with his pet projects and personal vendettas (which is what the whole twitter acquisition is about) and that he's not as focused on innovations at Tesla. But despite being a troll in the way he comes across, all his projects are ultimately benevolent.

The pedophile submarine incident came across as more than just "being a troll". The guy was born on third base. He's what I imagine Rick and Morty fans are like in real life.

It's getting to the point where I don't want to drive a car that's associated with him. And I love the car. Recently got it ceramic coated and wrapped with a ppf.
20220620_121922.jpg

I think Elon back when he was cameo-ing in Iron Man movies was an ok guy.

But nowadays I can't really stand him.

Like @Over the volcano said, he's a Bond villain.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The pedophile submarine incident came across as more than just "being a troll". The guy was born on third base. He's what I imagine Rick and Morty fans are like in real life.

It's getting to the point where I don't want to drive a car that's associated with him. And I love the car.

I think Elon back when he was cameo-ing in Iron Man movies was an ok guy.

But nowadays I can't really stand him.

Like @Over the volcano said, he's a Bond villain.
Love all these "self made billionaires" that grew up with parents owning a f***ing emerald mine and have so little self awareness that they never realize the leg up they have had since birth. Literally sperm lottery winners who don't appreciate it. Musk is an arrogant and petty clown. Nothing else.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The way I see it, who's most threatened by everything Musk is doing by making electric cars affordable and practical? Big Oil and Legacy Auto. Who are the biggest, most shameless corporate lobbyists with deep pockets and unduly influence most of congress? Big Oil and Legacy Auto. So all these smear campaigns in the media and the inspections that government agencies tries to throw at Tesla I take with a grain of salt.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The way I see it, who's most threatened by everything Musk is doing by making electric cars affordable and practical? Big Oil and Legacy Auto. Who are the biggest, most shameless corporate lobbyists with deep pockets and unduly influence most of congress? Big Oil and Legacy Auto. So all these smear campaigns in the media and the inspections that government agencies tries to throw at Tesla I take with a grain of salt.
Musk doesn't need the media or giant corporations to fabricate stuff to make him look like a giant d-bag. He's perfectly capable of doing that on his own.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1] I have to get my second booster. Then, I guess, another one after that.

Is there a reason why you haven't had a flu shot? It is of course up to you but the flu is expected to be virulent this year.

2] I take the T and walk everywhere. I'll take the commuter rail to visit a friend. I've never needed or wanted a car here, and I've lived all over the place. Not a driving enthusiast & pleased not to suffer the pain in the backside owning and operating a motor vehicle in Massachusetts can inflict, never mind Boston itself.
My daughter got very sick from a flu shot years ago. I was however, planning to get one this week (for the first time in years) but you cannot be sick when you get one.

I have always had a car but have never lived in the city. I do enjoy driving (not so much in traffic). It is an expense though between the car itself, upkeep, insurance and registration.

During the worst of covid I would fill up the tank and go for a drive to the mountains or ocean. I dread the day I can not longer drive.

Reactions: caz16

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Here's where I feel completely old and decrepit: GTA Vice City came out twenty years ago this past weekend

• Wow
Reactions: LSCII

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Handing out the full-size candy tonight. Not that party-size bullshit.

My only stipulation is that you have to be wearing a costume. Doesn't have to be extravagant, just put in a little effort. Teenagers walking around with a pillowcase half-assing it for free candy doesn't fly at our house.....

Happy Halloween everybody!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
November tomorrow ! Time to get out the Christmas music !
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mariah Carey is warming up in the bullpen
Ugg. I feel a headache coming on

Handing out the full-size candy tonight. Not that party-size bullshit.

My only stipulation is that you have to be wearing a costume. Doesn't have to be extravagant, just put in a little effort. Teenagers walking around with a pillowcase half-assing it for free candy doesn't fly at our house.....

Happy Halloween everybody!
I usually carve out a real Jack-o-lantern and hand out candy, but I don't feel well so am not doing Halloween this year.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I’m sure they are but I’ve disliked Musk for being a ahameless self promoter well before Tesla was around.

Mariah Carey is warming up in the bullpen
Ugh no

Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I prefer Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas"

Kelly Clarkson's Christmas Album from last year was excellent. Lots of big band and a flawless voice

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I prefer Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas"

Kelly Clarkson's Christmas Album from last year was excellent. Lots of big band and a flawless voice
I stick to the classics. Nothing better than Frank Sinatra singing any Christmas song.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I stick to the classics. Nothing better than Frank Sinatra singing any Christmas song.
I like some of the old Christmas carols.

My Mom played the organ at a small church for 49 years and I always enjoyed the Christmas Eve service (and I am not very religious) At the end of the service (at night) everyone would get a candle and go outside to sing Silent Night. I no longer go as now I just get sad.

Anyway, anytime sooner than 2 weeks before Christmas just is annoying rather than special for Christmas Music.

Every Christmas Eve my daughter makes sure we watch White Christmas, Christmas Eve on Sesame ST and Emmet Otter's Jug band Christmas. You don't mess with Amanda's tradition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenway and LSCII

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Speaking of cars...

Looking for advice from some of you mechanically inclined people.

I have a 98 Jeep TJ that has extremely low mileage on it given it's age (93k)

It has its issues like all Jeeps do, but recently it feels like it's RPM limited/capped. It won't go over 3K RPM in D (yes sadly an automatic) even if I slam the pedal to the floor. If it's in L it will go as high as needed, same for 2. Makes driving anything over back roads impossible since getting it over 50 is basically impossible.

Any ideas? Love the rise, want to keep it forever as a beach cruiser, etc, but it's really not worth dumping a lot of money into it if it's a transmission issue or something.
Is the CEL on?

I had a 97 cadillac do the same thing. It overheated and put itself into limp home mode, in my case it maxed out about 45mph from what i recall. I doubt it’s anything transmission related. There’s probably a sensor that failed, so the computer is reading a catastrophic failure somewhere. Throttle position sensor or crankshaft sensor would be my guesses. I think they run about 50 bucks a piece.

Not sure how it’s done on a Jeep, but there should be a way to flash it and reset codes and also reset the limp mode bullshit. If that doesn’t do it i would check for codes and investigate the TPS and crank sensors

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby. Those 3 are always in the rotation. If you wanna expand the roster you can throw in some Andy Williams and even Burl Ives.

It ain't Christmas without them.
The irony of all ironies is that a mean, grumpy, spiteful, and stubborn guy like me absolutely loves Christmas music. As soon as one of the stations here start playing it, I put it on and never flip the channel. It drives my wife crazy but I love it.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I love Christmas music during December. My fave album is the Barenaked Ladies one and I need to hear Porky Pig's Blue Christmas. Seriously though, anything but Crash Test Dummies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby. Those 3 are always in the rotation. If you wanna expand the roster you can throw in some Andy Williams and even Burl Ives.

It ain't Christmas without them.
So many classics.....I hate it when they change the song.....I don't want your interpretation....sing it the way it was written. Silent Night is not a jazz song.

Favorite CDS are the Time Life Treasury of Christmas CDs.
Also Carpenters, Ray Conniff, Mitch Miller, Burl Ives

A very good cd is A Christmas Sing Along by New England Childrens Chorus and Orchestra. Sung by very talented kids. Available on EBay. One of our favorites

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad