GDT: Winnipeg @ Montreal - Feb 18th 2017 - 2:00 PM - CBC, SN, TVAS, TSN690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I hope Gallagher is out of shape because if he isn"t....yow....

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Hard to judge the game tho.

You see how bad the record is for teams after the off week, add an afternoon game and a new coach with only one practice.

This is probably the worst game to judge things on

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I feel like the team has had some serious issues actually getting out of their own zone. I realize that they want to maintain possession but the decision making hasn't been swift enough for that. As the game has gone on, it seems like they've had to resort more to dumping it out and that's not a very good thing in the long run.

Even so, while the score went 0-1, I thought that this was a stronger period than the first overall so that at least is something to be happy about.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Let's be honest, this is terrible. The break, a new coach... so of course need to give it some time. Chucky not looking good. Love Danault, though. I'm sure we'll see some adjustments from Julien as time goes by.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
You have to wonder where the goals will be coming from. We really don't look like scoring.

We need to trade for a player like Kane, Duchene, or Landeskog. Even Vanek is worth acquiring.

Other than that, we have to see what Ghetto, Hudon, and Carr can give us.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
24 points in 45 games = not bringing it offensively for a 22-year-old physical defenseman who's solid defensively and who gets like a third of the team's PP time? What are your requirements for "bringing it offensively", exactly?

It's pretty much 2nd pairing offense.

He's top pair worthy defensively, but offensively he's meh.

He's pretty much producing at the same rate as Beaulieu, do you consider Beaulieu very good ?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
imagine when he turns 30

gallagher should be a prime trade candidate, but bergevin probably cant see it

GMs aren't stupid. They see a guy with multiple years left on his deal who could break down faster than the average player due to his size and style of play and a guy who is playing with a damaged hand.

The risk suggests that the habs would get a poor return so you might as well stick it out and see if he can regain some of his form.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I thought the Habs under new circumstances were going to blow away the Jets. This game can go either way. Jets have a weak defense and weak goaltenders. Doesn't look that way today

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Hard to judge the game tho.

You see how bad the record is for teams after the off week, add an afternoon game and a new coach with only one practice.

This is probably the worst game to judge things on

Not if you're a Habs fan. You get to make conclusions based on 1 30-second shift. I guess that's something MT taught all of us. Pointing out mistakes and being punished for not being perfect is paramount to success.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I want a live feed of Clode's brain

Something along the lines of:

giphy.gif

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I thought the Habs under new circumstances were going to blow away the Jets. This game can go either way. Jets have a weak defense and weak goaltenders. Doesn't look that way today

Come on, chill out.. teams coming off their by week are like 3-9-1... people will eat crow in a few weeks...

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Let's be honest, this is terrible. The break, a new coach... so of course need to give it some time. Chucky not looking good. Love Danault, though. I'm sure we'll see some adjustments from Julien as time goes by.

Disagree. It's great. Our awful, depressing, demoralizing, imbicile coach is gone and now is the first game we have where we treat out guys like pros. It will be exciting to see how they develop and who takes to be treated like an adult.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Can't see this team making the playoffs tbh. Plekanec and Gallagher are nothing more than 3rd liners now. This team has one line that can score. Sure doesn't help when you trade your best offensive defencemen for a dman that can't produce on even strength.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Well .... at least we haven't had 4 goals against ... which has been common place recently... and without a brain fart by Beaulieu it's 1-0

Julien said he wasn't going to mess with the system too much, but I think the guys are a bit confused out there, which suggests he's implemented a couple changes.

Pleks is more visable than he has been in a while. I'd like to see what would happen if you put McCarron on that line. Gallagher and Byron are too small to be wingers on the same line. The speed is there, but they don't stand a chance in the cycle game because they can't compete on the boards. ... McCarron would help that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well I got a good laugh after our first attempt at a PP.
Julien hunched over not looking at anything but the lineup card as if to say you gotta be kidding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad