GDT: Winnipeg @ Montreal - Feb 18th 2017 - 2:00 PM - CBC, SN, TVAS, TSN690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Can't see this team making the playoffs tbh. Plekanec and Gallagher are nothing more than 3rd liners now. This team has one line that can score. Sure doesn't help when you trade your best offensive defencemen for a dman that can't produce on even strength.

Are you serious? You can see us actually not making the playoffs? Really? Hahaha. Right.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's pretty much 2nd pairing offense.

He's top pair worthy defensively, but offensively he's meh.

He's pretty much producing at the same rate as Beaulieu, do you consider Beaulieu very good ?

24 points in 45 games = "pretty much second pairing offense"? Sorry but I just can't get behind you on this at all.

That's on pace for 44 points over 82 games. In 2015-2016, 18 defensemen had over 44 points. And there in theory are 60 top pairing defensemen in NHL.

Then you might also want to take into account that Trouba isn't exactly an archetypical offensive defenseman in the first place.

In my opinion, Trouba's going to be an incredible #1 defenseman.

Not to even mention you contradict yourself in the first place when you say that he's defensively top pairing caliber. God. Why am I even arguing?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Well .... at least we haven't had 4 goals against ... which has been common place recently... and without a brain fart by Beaulieu it's 1-0

Julien said he wasn't going to mess with the system too much, but I think the guys are a bit confused out there, which suggests he's implemented a couple changes.

Pleks is more visable than he has been in a while. I'd like to see what would happen if you put McCarron on that line. Gallagher and Byron are too small to be wingers on the same line. The speed is there, but they don't stand a chance in the cycle game because they can't compete on the boards. ... McCarron would help that.

That's because Price is great, not because Weber, Marky, Beau, Emelin, Petry are playing well.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
GMs aren't stupid. They see a guy with multiple years left on his deal who could break down faster than the average player due to his size and style of play and a guy who is playing with a damaged hand.

The risk suggests that the habs would get a poor return so you might as well stick it out and see if he can regain some of his form.

Yeah, might as well. we'll see

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
I thought Claude wasn't gonna go into the blender? He's mixed the D-pairings more in the last 24 hours than MT did all season...Despite only giving up 1 goal due to an individual gaffe.

And lol @ Weber...I think it's safe to say that Subban was more physical than him...

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
it's 40 minutes into game 1 since a coaching change and bye week. Anyone that has played hockey knows it takes a bit more time to see any real change (if there will be). They still look a bit out of it...but instead of being pessimistic, I'll be optimistic and give it time. It's up to the players to play their game well.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Disagree. It's great. Our awful, depressing, demoralizing, imbicile coach is gone and now is the first game we have where we treat out guys like pros. It will be exciting to see how they develop and who takes to be treated like an adult.

I like the optimism! Well, there are going to be growing pains. I have faith CJ will figure it out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I thought Claude wasn't gonna go into the blender? He's mixed the D-pairings more in the last 24 hours than MT did all season...Despite only giving up 1 goal due to an individual gaffe.

And lol @ Weber...I think it's safe to say that Subban was more physical than him...

Therrien was using the blender from game 1 to game whatever. Julien is now with his own eyes trying to find some pairing he likes. Once that' done, he'll stop the blender.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

nothing was mixed, penalties and 4 on 4 messed up the lines a bit

but the lines have not been shuffled.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Let's just hope he doesn't try too hard to get Plekanec going again. It's been 11 years since he last coached him.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Are you serious? You can see us actually not making the playoffs? Really? Hahaha. Right.

Yes... we have fallen off a cliff. We are struggling to score even one goal a game. Where are the goals going to come from. This team has not been the same after November. Its not a slump its a reality.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It would be nice to win some faceoffs and even nicer to win a board battle. This would've been a perfect game for Pateryn.

Beaulieu having a tough game, but that shorthanded goal was as much on Markov for a messy pass.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
It would be nice to win some faceoffs and even nicer to win a board battle. This would've been a perfect game for Pateryn.

Beaulieu having a tough game, but that shorthanded goal was as much on Markov for a messy pass.

Wasn't it Galchenyuk who made the pass?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Can't see this team making the playoffs tbh. Plekanec and Gallagher are nothing more than 3rd liners now. This team has one line that can score. Sure doesn't help when you trade your best offensive defencemen for a dman that can't produce on even strength.

Worst record needed for a 100.0000% of making the PO: 15-8-1
Best record needed for a non 100.0000% chance: 14-8-2
Best record for less than 80%: 10-12-2
Best record for less than 50%: 9-13-2
Best record for 100% out of PO: 6-16-2

Chances if we go 12-12-0: 95.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad