GDT: Winnipeg @ Montreal - Feb 18th 2017 - 2:00 PM - CBC, SN, TVAS, TSN690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Gallagher sucks balls since he's come back.

Doesn't Gally know THIS IS MONTREAL. We don't care if it's second game back from a 1+ month layoff. We demand All-Star level play immediately. No excuses allowed.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
He's been great for most of his tenure here and has suffered through some injuries.

He's had ok seasons when we didn't have Radu and Shaw and Gallagher was the default #1RW getting all the prime opportunities with our best players...and even then he could never hit 50 pts in all these years, something Danault might've done this season if he played with Patch and Radu all year. Coupled that with his style of play and injuries piling up, I think he's very expandable if other GMs are willing to give us useful assets in exchange.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Man, Gallagher looks terrible out there. He hasn’t looked like himself all season except for that 1st game against Buffalo No timing on his zone entries. Constantly getting rubbed out on the boards. Plekanec looks like a picky shooter compared to him too. He could really gain from passing it from time to time instead of shooting thr puck the moment he gets it in the O zone.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
One of the biggest change i've noticed so far it's the D.
They seems to be allowed to leave their bluelines.

- The goal from Markov
- The chance of Beaulieu in the slot on the PP
- Even saw Weber almost on a 2-on-2 deep in the offensive zone
- And twice Nesterov was way deep in the offensive zone.

sigh lol...imagine pk.. unleashed

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I hope he can turn it around.

In the trade thread some poster thought the idea of trading him for Evander Kane was ridiculous.

The thing is, Evander Kane sucks too, just in different ways.

Freaking reclamation projects.... We gotta stop with that bargainbin mentality.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Two broken hands...i broke mine this year, 1 year later and i still only have 50% of my strength....not an easy recovery.

That is understandable, but it's not even the shooting part it's everything else like falling flat on his face. Every time he gets touched he's down on the ice. Doesn't look like the same guy.

Sshrags

Aug 16, 2005
Gallagher is our most overrated player.

Can't shoot, can't pass, handles the puck like a hot potato, too small, falls all over the ice.

Wished we could've traded him when his value was still high at the mid-point of last season.

Agreed - Said the same thing through most of last year too. He can't drive the net, he loses his board battles and is not a good passer. 90% of his goals are from the garbage areas at the crease. But montreal doesn't play that style of game anymore. They got away from crash and bang in front of the net . Now try to shoot and score on the rush or the cycle.

that's why Gallagher is mainly away from the net now and less effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad