OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was at the game last night. My first Ice game!

I have tickets for Saturday night as well!

The game was fast and entertaining.

For those that sit on Their asses on the couch and miss out on this level of hockey entertainment …… “ your whacked”

Well worth the &44 per seat in the P3 section of the arena ( middle pricing- not the highest - not the lowest).

My Jets seasons are P3…. And I think my regular season P 3 seats ( that I’ve had since 2011) are top end p3 that I would not exchange for 1/2 of the P2’s or P1’S even if they were at the same price point. I got tickets for both game 1 and game 2 in different P 3 locations to get a different perspective for watching the game. I sat in section 113 last night and changed my seat every period- starting at ice level and then moving back 5-6 rows every periord.

Tonight Im siting in a different P3 location with totally different vantage point.

If you’re on the fence……. Get on the right side of it and get yourself a ticket to tonight’s game…..

It would be GREAT if “the word gets out “ and the series goes 7 games and Rink is jammed packed for game 6 &7!!!!

Wish I could have made the game. I got out to an ice game this season and really liked it.

Anything stand out for you about the players in the game last night?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Very cool! (Pun not intended) Is there anywhere to watch the highlights?

Highlights at whl.ca

See post #945.

After a game ends the WHL will post the coach's news conference about 2 hours after the game.

The highlights are posted about 4 hours after the game so I usually wait until the following morning to update it.

It's great to see all the new fans on this thread!

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
See post #945.

After a game ends the WHL will post the coach's news conference about 2 hours after the game.

The highlights are posted about 4 hours after the game so I usually wait until the following morning to update it.

It's great to see all the new fans on this thread!
Ah! Thank you. Missed that

I was wondering why they weren't showing up on the website but the conferences were.

Reactions: Guardian17

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Great start by the ICE last night. Benson didn't score despite having a clear breakaway, but he played a great game with unreal backchecking, he has found another gear for sure. Seattle is a formidable team, Moose Jaw was really good but they don't have Seattle's depth. They are a kind of a doppelganger for the ICE in that way, they have four solid lines.

Dylan Guenther looked frustrated the first two periods, he took a couple of penalties but got it sorted out when he set up a nice tip for Reid Schaefer.

The ICE were strangely ineffective at clearing the zone when Seattle pulled Milic for an extra attacker in the third, James Patrick might want to work on that with the team, ha. The T Birds scored a late goal and clanged the iron a couple times after that. It was a much more tense finish than I was expecting, but I'm glad the ICE held on thanks to a few lucky breaks late in the game.

It was kind of odd watching the ICE at CLC. I was worried that it was going to feel like a midseason Moose game but those concerns were unfounded, the crowd was decent considering the move to CLC was very last minute, and fans were into it. Judging by the lines at ICE Gear they probably moved more merch last night than they do in two months worth of regular ICE games at the U of M, haha.

Anyway, game one is seldom decisive as per this tweet that Gregg Drinnan referenced:

Geoffrey Brandow (@GeoffreyBrandow), prior to Game 1 of the WHL final: “The first game has not been lucky as of late in the championship series as the last three have been taken by the eventual losing team as have half of the last 14 dating back to 2007. In 41 championships since 1980, 25 have been won by winner of Game 1.” . . .

... so the ICE will need to channel some of that period 1 and 2 energy from last night.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Seattle was pretty frustrated all night. They’re not used to playing a team that matches up well with them both in high-end talent and in depth. I didn’t love the Paul Maurice shell the ICE went into in the 3rd but Seattle was really pressing and we were able to hang on.

I imagine Seattle probably bounces back tonight but it would be good to take a 2-0 series lead heading out west.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Seattle was pretty frustrated all night. They’re not used to playing a team that matches up well with them both in high-end talent and in depth. I didn’t love the Paul Maurice shell the ICE went into in the 3rd but Seattle was really pressing and we were able to hang on.

I imagine Seattle probably bounces back tonight but it would be good to take a 2-0 series lead heading out west.

Haha... "Paul Maurice shell"... pretty much.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
ICE getting completely dominated by Seattle in the 2nd. Hopefully this isn’t gonna be Seattle in 5 because that’s how it’s beginning to look.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Ice lose 4-2. Brad Lambert with two for the Thunderbirds.
daniel-bryan-yes.gif

The ICE manhandler cometh. Woot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad