OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I have no doubt that TNSE and the 24-7 guys aren't on the best of terms. This is great news. Best for both parties if they just learn to cooperate.

Reactions: John Agar

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Doesn’t look like that many tickets have moved tbh
When they announced the venue change I was thinking they might hit around 5,000, and I think that number is within reach but I'd definitely take the under right now. Not entirely surprising I guess, the ICE suddenly found themselves with a pile of tickets to sell at the 11th hour.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
When they announced the venue change I was thinking they might hit around 5,000, and I think that number is within reach but I'd definitely take the under right now. Not entirely surprising I guess, the ICE suddenly found themselves with a pile of tickets to sell at the 11th hour.

It actually looks like a good many of the premium seats between the two goal lines have been sold. It's really behind the nets that isn't really selling so far.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
These US Prospect draft picks haven't really worked out for the Winnipeg ICE IIRC. I'm not sure if it was all the pandemic stuff throwing a wrench in plans or what these past few years, but it would be nice to see one of those picks make the team and stick around.

Interesting that the ICE, much like the Jets, love them some Minnesota talent.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Just looked at some pricing and they want 65 bucks for the good seats. Not sure why they think they can get that

They do a yearly game at climate pledge with the birds and they tried to sell 40-50$ tickets. Yeah that won’t fly.

Our tickets on Tuesday are 19$ and wed/Friday - 28$

Honestly if they can’t move them, I’d just donate them to youth clubs/ymca etc, fill the barn.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just looked at some pricing and they want 65 bucks for the good seats. Not sure why they think they can get that
I would pay the 65... but My brother and I always stand at the Flem' seats or not, so booked standing at $25 for the Saturday game... not surprised at the prices... fair for top flight World Class junior hockey...

What's a championship game at the World Juniors in Canada worth... ? A lot...

For those that haven't seen junior teams at this level... it's worth it...

Why do I know this... because I was a major sponsor of the Wheat Kings in Brandon for years... a business owner that worked with the Wheat Kings management and Chamber of Commerce... sponsoring community disadvantaged kids so they could dine with a Wheat Kings player... wrote articles for the original owners of HF.com re: The Dub'... fed whole teams and got to know whole teams from all over the East division specifically with My business... met GM's and Scouts from the NHL that dined in My restaurant and knew what I did... and even bird dogged for a few Scouts from the NHL for a number of years...

If you haven't witnessed Junior hockey at this level... pay the money A'holes...

It's worth every penny...

:popcorn:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Honestly if they can’t move them, I’d just donate them to youth clubs/ymca etc, fill the barn.

It's pretty late in the game for that when you consider the logistics that would have to be worked out. Besides, you probably don't want to annoy the paying customers by giving out thousands of comps. I know the people who pay for tickets shouldn't in theory have their enjoyment diminished by kids who got free tickets, but humans aren't always rational.

I totally agree with @John Agar here, these games are going to be worth every penny. I go to a lot of hockey games, Jets, Moose, ICE, even some Bisons and MJHL. In terms of value and sheer entertainment received per dollar spent, the ICE are the undisputed kings of Winnipeg IMO.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's pretty late in the game for that when you consider the logistics that would have to be worked out. Besides, you probably don't want to annoy the paying customers by giving out thousands of comps. I know the people who pay for tickets shouldn't in theory have their enjoyment diminished by kids who got free tickets, but humans aren't always rational.

I totally agree with @John Agar here, these games are going to be worth every penny. I go to a lot of hockey games, Jets, Moose, ICE, even some Bisons and MJHL. In terms of value and sheer entertainment received per dollar spent, the ICE are the undisputed kings of Winnipeg IMO.

jetsmooseice'... let Me be your emotion...

We love our Jets... etc...

And if We love hockey...

Let this be our 2nd... 3rd chance...

A homage @kanadalainen ...

Let darkness meet light...

Just buy the tickets and blame Me later... I am okay with it...

Hate Me for sure... just pay and go...

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Dilemma time.

Wouldn't want to buy tickets until the Ice win it all, but am I playing with fire here?

I don’t think it will be difficult to unload tickets either way. I know many Seattle fans are buying ‘just in case’ and then potentially offloading. The trip is a little easier for Seattle fans (travel)

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Interesting TSN article about how the team was built. It's nice and rare to read an article about the ICE that delivers a bit of background and analysis, usually articles about the ICE are just rewrites of scoresheets or super-basic introductions to the team.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I would pay the 65... but My brother and I always stand at the Flem' seats or not, so booked standing at $25 for the Saturday game... not surprised at the prices... fair for top flight World Class junior hockey...

What's a championship game at the World Juniors in Canada worth... ? A lot...

For those that haven't seen junior teams at this level... it's worth it...

Why do I know this... because I was a major sponsor of the Wheat Kings in Brandon for years... a business owner that worked with the Wheat Kings management and Chamber of Commerce... sponsoring community disadvantaged kids so they could dine with a Wheat Kings player... wrote articles for the original owners of HF.com re: The Dub'... fed whole teams and got to know whole teams from all over the East division specifically with My business... met GM's and Scouts from the NHL that dined in My restaurant and knew what I did... and even bird dogged for a few Scouts from the NHL for a number of years...

If you haven't witnessed Junior hockey at this level... pay the money A'holes...

It's worth every penny...

:popcorn:

I used to live in Brandon and watch the Wheat Kings on the regular. I think I paid 30 bucks for playoff tickets to the finals a few times.

Still mostly empty looking at it this morning. I would have though 40 bucks would be enough but I guess they want to squeeze everything they can out of this before they leave town

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I used to live in Brandon and watch the Wheat Kings on the regular. I think I paid 30 bucks for playoff tickets to the finals a few times.

Still mostly empty looking at it this morning. I would have though 40 bucks would be enough but I guess they want to squeeze everything they can out of this before they leave town

Tickets are reasonably priced. You can get a pair of tickets in the 200 level for under $70 all in. So less than $35 a seat for a championship final game. If someone isn't going for that money they probably won't be going for $20 a seat either.

Looks like the ICE are on track for about 5,000 fans. Which is pretty good IMO, I wouldn't expect a team drawing 1,800 a game to suddenly start pulling 7x that much because of a venue change.

I guess this demonstrates the value of the national media hype machine. Plenty of top prospects in this showdown, but without TSN telling people to get excited as with World Juniors, it's pretty quiet at the box office.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
WHL prospect draft went down today... ICE had one third round and one fifth round pick. Two in the 6th, one in the 7th and one in the 8th. I hope Cockell knocked it out of the park on that third rounder, Caelan Joudrey, haha.

The sixth rounder is Nate (well, Nathaniel) Danielson, haha. What, there was no Chad Nychuk available in the draft to go with him?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad