OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The first period was easily the most catastrophically bad period I've seen the ICE play this season. I don't know what the hell happened there, but everything the ICE are typically good at (solid special teams play, discipline, effective breakouts, etc.) just broke down completely in the first. Like that Benson penalty to go down 5 on 3, that was an unfortunately timed brain cramp from number 9 and characteristic of the undisciplined play in that period.

Luckily the ICE staunched the bleeding in the second, but it took way too long to get the scoring going. MJ's defense is solid, they kept the ICE away from the front of the net leaving the ICE to shoot from way outside for quite a while. The ICE finally found their legs in the third with a barrage of shots and three goals, but it was just too little, too late.

It's amazing to see how the ICE got rattled after a shaky first few minutes. The whole game was almost a mirror image of game 1 when MJ fell behind early. Even Hauser looked shaky, maybe playing him on back to back nights wasn't the best idea in hindsight. Beaupit did a great job in relief.

It will be interesting to see how the ICE bounce back in MJ on Tuesday night. That is a tough barn to play in and the Warriors are a really good team. I haven't checked the WHL Twitter feed today but it will be interesting to see if there are any surprises from the DOPS regarding some of last night's shenanigans. It's too bad the Pats didn't pull off the upset because they would have been nowhere near as tough an opponent as Moose Jaw is proving to be.
I think the ICE will be fine. Special teams did them in this game. MJ with three PP goals and the ICE going 1 for 9 was the difference and can’t happen.

The Warriors took the four goal lead because of the PP but then turtled for the rest of the game. ICE controlled the play at ES, they just need to work on the PP. If they completed the comeback last night that probably would’ve killed MJ. Instead, we’ve got a new series, but steal one in Moose Jaw and the ICE are back in control.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
To not show up against a team two or three tiers below you is frustrating. Game Four is likely the series.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I still can't make sense of that game last night. The ICE got off to a good start but after jumping out to a 2-0 lead, they played a very sluggish, reactive and defensively sloppy game. Too many turnovers. Shaky goaltending.

The Warriors are a good team and not one I'd consider beneath the ICE, they are a worthy opponent with an impressive array of star players. Some of those guys have stepped up huge, like Jagger Firkus, Brayden Yager and Ryder Korczak. But it feels like the ICE's star players have disappeared. No Geekie, Savoie or Benson on the scoresheet for two games straight. Hauser has been flat out bad in his last two starts, but one could argue he has been hung out to dry by his defensemen, Prosofsky in particular has looked like a liability and both Lambos and Zloty have looked like wobbly-kneed rookies instead of the poised veterans that they are. Only Sward has really stood out defensively.

It's do or die for the ICE tonight. They either win or it's pretty well over, based on how this series has gone I have a very hard time seeing them coming back from a 3-1 deficit if that's what it comes to. I really hope the ICE can get it together, because going out with a whimper in the second round would be a sad ending to a spectacular season. At least last season they lost in the conference final to a heavy favourite, and even then they played them really tough with some close games. This series has not been like that at all so far.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I still can't make sense of that game last night. The ICE got off to a good start but after jumping out to a 2-0 lead, they played a very sluggish, reactive and defensively sloppy game. Too many turnovers. Shaky goaltending.

The Warriors are a good team and not one I'd consider beneath the ICE, they are a worthy opponent with an impressive array of star players. Some of those guys have stepped up huge, like Jagger Firkus, Brayden Yager and Ryder Korczak. But it feels like the ICE's star players have disappeared. No Geekie, Savoie or Benson on the scoresheet for two games straight. Hauser has been flat out bad in his last two starts, but one could argue he has been hung out to dry by his defensemen, Prosofsky in particular has looked like a liability and both Lambos and Zloty have looked like wobbly-kneed rookies instead of the poised veterans that they are. Only Sward has really stood out defensively.

It's do or die for the ICE tonight. They either win or it's pretty well over, based on how this series has gone I have a very hard time seeing them coming back from a 3-1 deficit if that's what it comes to. I really hope the ICE can get it together, because going out with a whimper in the second round would be a sad ending to a spectacular season. At least last season they lost in the conference final to a heavy favourite, and even then they played them really tough with some close games. This series has not been like that at all so far.
Moose Jaw is a good team, but they’re certainly beneath the ICE. Their top line is right up there with our stars but they don’t have the depth. However, if the ICE are gonna continue to play like bollocks it matters not much.

May watch the game tonight, but it’s gonna be competing with NHL playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luc Labelle

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Moose Jaw is a good team, but they’re certainly beneath the ICE. They’re top line is right up there with our stars but they don’t have the depth. However, if the ICE are gonna continue to play like bollocks it matters not much.

May watch the game tonight, but it’s gonna be competing with NHL playoffs.
I'll be tuning into Portage vs Virden game seven in the MJ.

Big time rooting interest for me, cause if Portage wins, then the Pistons will have a spot in the Centennial Cup locked up no matter what happens in the finals, so I can start planning my trip out there.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'll be tuning into Portage vs Virden game seven in the MJ.

Big time rooting interest for me, cause if Portage wins, then the Pistons will have a spot in the Centennial Cup locked up no matter what happens in the finals, so I can start planning my trip out there.
Great night for hockey. Enjoy!

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I'd wager that Robison and the WHL office is probably rooting for a quick ICE exit from the playoffs. After all, you'd look silly forcing the champion team to move to another city.

• Wow
Reactions: snowkiddin

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Drove past their bus the other day.

1681962583848.jpeg

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Portage loses to Virden in double-OT!

Exciting stuff, Portage got majorly goalied.

As someone who listened to a lot of Junior A broadcasts, I have to shout out the Portage guy. He was really good.

And this game is still going, lol - How do you watch these games anyway?

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Portage loses to Virden in double-OT!

Exciting stuff, Portage got majorly goalied.

As someone who listened to a lot of Junior A broadcasts, I have to shout out the Portage guy. He was really good.

And this game is still going, lol - How do you watch these games anyway?
I paid for the WHL playoff pass. It was around $60 I think.

Lol Moose Jaw commentators are so salty. Tied series!

Reactions: B33R LEAGUE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad