OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Mike McIntyre of the Free Press opines that he thinks the ICE will be leaving. Doesn't say when, or to where, or offer any kind of reporting or evidence to support it so the reader is just left to trust him and wonder about all the details.

Hat-trick of Winnipeg hockey teams not likely to last​

Mike McIntyre
By: Mike McIntyre

That's why it's under "opinion" and not sports.

I'm selfishly rooting for the Ice to face the Warriors.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Bedard completely disappeared tonight in Game 7 and was responsible for the 3rd, crucial goal against. Disappointing. He made a very poor play in his own end, but to be fair he was on the ice for the last 10 minutes of the game so was probably exhausted.

Guess we play Moose Jaw.

Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Blades win, 50 below cursing their luck for ticket sales.

Games 1 and 2 are nearly sold out already, though... the reserved seats are pretty well gone, it's down to GA. Of course, we won't get into the fact that many of those seats were probably purchased by fans hoping for a series vs the Pats!

Firkus and Yager aren't exactly chopped liver.

I totally agree. There is too much Bedard hype and too much ignorance of the other great players and teams in the WHL. MJ is a tougher team and it will be a very competitive and entertaining series. Bedard is awesome but he's just one guy.

I guess from a selfish ICE fan standpoint I was hoping for the Pats because I think MJ will be a tougher out, but I don't think the ICE will have too much trouble especially with Benson and possibly Latimer back for this series. ICE in 5, just like last year.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Will Benson be back for this series?

Sounds very likely based on media reports, Latimer is less certain.

Obviously just speculation on my part but I suspect that Benson could have been available for round one, but the ICE didn't want to rush it as demonstrated by their series sweep over Med Hat.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Anyone in the ol' max bell tonight?

I was there! I just wasn't checking the thread, though.

MJ's top line is as fearsome as any in the league. They are really, really good. The rest of the team is not bad either. They played the ICE as tough as I expected based on regular season performance. The moment the ICE took their foot off the gas pedal after building up that 3-0 lead, the Warriors pounced and took advantage of some sloppy plays and passes by the ICE. They are not a team to be taken lightly.

It was great to see Benson back in the lineup last night, and the good news is that Zack Ostapchuk will be joining him now that he has served his one-game suspension. So basically the ICE are close to fully stocked now that only Carson Latimer is on the injured list IIRC.

Lots of energy in the building, nice to see the place packed even though I'm sure half the crowd probably bought tickets on the expectation that it would be Bedard and the Pats in round two lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
ICE need to get their PP going. They played their worst game of the year, and Moose Jaw barely hung on. PP was the difference.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Junior hockey baby. Kids fell apart after not liking the 5 min major call. I was shocked it was only 3 goals. That penalty kill was NERVY. Chances galore. ICE can’t go 1/9 on the PP and expect to win. I’m still confident they will get it done. Nice to see Latimer back as well. Nash shouldn’t be out long, I’m not sure what his injury was besides a nasty cut on his face.

Great third period push. Plenty to build on. Moose Jaw is probably the second best team in the East IMO. Really didn’t wanna play them this early.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
The first period was easily the most catastrophically bad period I've seen the ICE play this season. I don't know what the hell happened there, but everything the ICE are typically good at (solid special teams play, discipline, effective breakouts, etc.) just broke down completely in the first. Like that Benson penalty to go down 5 on 3, that was an unfortunately timed brain cramp from number 9 and characteristic of the undisciplined play in that period.

Luckily the ICE staunched the bleeding in the second, but it took way too long to get the scoring going. MJ's defense is solid, they kept the ICE away from the front of the net leaving the ICE to shoot from way outside for quite a while. The ICE finally found their legs in the third with a barrage of shots and three goals, but it was just too little, too late.

It's amazing to see how the ICE got rattled after a shaky first few minutes. The whole game was almost a mirror image of game 1 when MJ fell behind early. Even Hauser looked shaky, maybe playing him on back to back nights wasn't the best idea in hindsight. Beaupit did a great job in relief.

It will be interesting to see how the ICE bounce back in MJ on Tuesday night. That is a tough barn to play in and the Warriors are a really good team. I haven't checked the WHL Twitter feed today but it will be interesting to see if there are any surprises from the DOPS regarding some of last night's shenanigans. It's too bad the Pats didn't pull off the upset because they would have been nowhere near as tough an opponent as Moose Jaw is proving to be.

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad