OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com

Now with the Ice back in the East Final, we have ourselves a delicious scenario on our hands.

Should Winnipeg be able to take care of business and get to the championship series, and if Kamloops miraculously wins their series against Seattle, with the Blazers being the Memorial Cup hosts, the Ice would get an automatic invite to the national tournament, no matter the end result.

Last edited:

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Well I can honestly say I did not see that coming!

Sask coming off a reverse sweep would be a little intimidating but if the ice don’t overlook whoever they play they should be able to get to the WHL finals

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Caught the game after I got home from the Whiteout party. That was impressive — this is what the ICE are capable of. Top-to-bottom they supremely outclass Moose Jaw in roster makeup, and this game showed that.

On to the East Final!

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
The playoffs reflected the season series against Moose Jaw. A few hiccups including a couple of losses at the start, but then total domination at the end.

Moose Jaw's top lines are rock solid but in the end I think they lacked the depth to pull off the upset. Kudos to them for a strong series and also to the ICE for bearing down once the going got tough and pulling off the come from behind series win. Great character on that ICE team.

Junior hockey season endings certainly are tough emotionally, I watched the MJ post-game interview with Jagger Firkus and he was clearly taking it hard when the broadcasters brought up Ryder Korczak moving on.

Reactions: snowkiddin

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
1682438487265.png

Game 1 up against Game 1 of Moose vs. Admirals at CLC.
Game 2 *could* compete against Jets vs. VGK game 6 downtown.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Thanks! I wonder why they didn't just push game 2 to Sunday. Having two games in less than 24 hours doesn't seem ideal for anyone.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Eastern Conference Finals
Winnipeg Ice vs Saskatoon Blades

Begins Friday April 29.

An impressive accomplishment by the Blades, only the third time in WHL history that a team has pulled off the reverse sweep. And somewhat improbably, this is the first appearance in a conference final by the Blades since 1994 (!).

The ICE went 4-2 against the Blades in the regular season, but I wonder if fatigue is a factor with the Blades having two 7-game series in a row?

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I preferred Red Deer since honestly that could’ve been a sweep (but may have been a 2-3-2 due to travel which isn’t ideal). However, Sask is fun. Close, their broadcast team is good and if the Ice don’t overlook them and think about the round after, should win again.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I preferred Red Deer since honestly that could’ve been a sweep (but may have been a 2-3-2 due to travel which isn’t ideal). However, Sask is fun. Close, their broadcast team is good and if the Ice don’t overlook them and think about the round after, should win again.

If the ICE had been playing games 3 and 4 in Saskatoon on a weekend I might have been tempted to drive out to watch!

Saskatoon is a good team, they played the ICE tough and beat them twice. But I think that barring some kind of catastrophe the ICE should be able to handle them. I could see it even being a 5 game series.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Potential Game 5 showing a start time of 7:05pm on May 5, according to whl.ca

Thanks!

I wonder what's behind the weird start times this weekend... 6 pm and 4 pm? So strange, and unlike with the Jets, national broadcasters can't be blamed here.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
ICE were pretty dominant tonight and the score kinda flattered Saskatoon honestly.

More of that, please!

Totally agree, that could have easily been a 6-0 game.

I will give the Blades the benefit of the doubt here and say they were probably bagged from playing their second 7-game series in a row and then hopping on the bus for a long ride after that. I'm guessing their energy was pretty low. The schedule makers did them no favours as they are back at it less than 24 hours later.

The ICE had a solid performance from start to finish last night, they looked composed and managed to keep the puck firmly in the Blades end for long stretches of the game. I liked Nasher's energy, he was a wild man out there dashing around taking the man. His energy backfired when he ended up offside on the empty netter that would have made it 4-0. :laugh:

I was very impressed with Carson Lambos last night, his second period was as good as any I've seen him play. As Lambos said on the post-game show, the Blades can't be taken lightly as they have demonstrated that they can come back from anything. So the ICE will have to keep the hammer down. But I think the odds are very much in their favour with another game so soon after last night's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad