OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I paid for the WHL playoff pass. It was around $60 I think.

Lol Moose Jaw commentators are so salty. Tied series!

Love going to ice games. My only beef is with the limited beer selection.

Concession Stand Cashier: Would you like Fort Garry or Fort Garry?

Oh, i almost forgot.. We also have more Fort Garry.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
The ICE did just enough to win this one. Although to be fair they played much better defensively, and Hauser was his old self again in net.

It's offense that is missing from the equation now, I'd say. Moose Jaw's defense has really stifled the ICE. Geekie, Pederson and Benson only have 4 goals between them so far this playoffs. Those guys are going to have to step it up.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
So first whiteout in 4 years this Saturday
Ice Game 5
Valour home opener

Ice and Valour will lose fans from the Jets game

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
What a brutal game for most of it. Thank god they came to play and showed some urgency finally in OT. Lucky break to get the PP and luckier that they managed to score with their dreadful PP unit. Best of 3 series now with 2/3 at the ICE cave. Win on Saturday and I really really like their chances. How about nobody take a 5 min major this time yeah?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
So first whiteout in 4 years this Saturday
Ice Game 5
Valour home opener

Ice and Valour will lose fans from the Jets game

Don't forget game three of the MB senior A final!

:P

Ice game is at night, right? I'd try and do a double header if I didn't have 3 other games to get to.

And Valour lost to a league 1 BC team last night. It's pure yikes for them.

It's also game one if the MJ final.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
What a brutal game for most of it. Thank god they came to play and showed some urgency finally in OT. Lucky break to get the PP and luckier that they managed to score with their dreadful PP unit. Best of 3 series now with 2/3 at the ICE cave. Win on Saturday and I really really like their chances. How about nobody take a 5 min major this time yeah?
Good point, ICE special teams have really nosedived so far in the playoffs, and especially in round 2. The OT PPG was a bit of a happy exception. What's the issue there?

Also, Benson's game has taken a bit of a different direction in the playoffs, less finesse, more agitating. I've seen him getting into it with Korczak a lot, Benny seems to get along with everyone except him.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Back to square one.

Monday’s road game up against the 8:30pm Jets home game. So…

Just a warning that the U Lot will have parking attendants due to the VaLOL FC game going down at the stadium.

So just park down at St. John's College for free.
Whatever words used to make fun of Valour don't go far enough after last night's performance.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Just a warning that the U Lot will have parking attendants due to the VaLOL FC game going down at the stadium.

So just park down at St. John's College for free.

Good tip, thank you. That annoying construction in front of St. Paul's College has really congested things around there, might be worth getting there a little early on Saturday.

Whatever words used to make fun of Valour don't go far enough after last night's performance.

Considering that Wade Miller was throwing down the gauntlet to soccer fans telling them to support the team or it's gone, this isn't going to do much to sell Valour tickets. It was pretty bad before but after last night's humiliation I think there might be crickets at the Valour FC box office.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Almost! :laugh:

Did you hear the broadcast team laughing about that icing call with a few minutes left?
I rewatched the third period and overtime and while it’s normal for broadcast teams to pump the home side, their disbelief at the icing call made them look like imbeciles. If they actually believe that the icing call was that bad then they need to watch much more hockey. They are clueless

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I rewatched the third period and overtime and while it’s normal for broadcast teams to pump the home side, their disbelief at the icing call made them look like imbeciles. If they actually believe that the icing call was that bad then they need to watch much more hockey. They are clueless
I’ve never heard commentators laugh at officials call on air before. Incredible

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I’ve never heard commentators laugh at officials call on air before. Incredible

Yeah, that was a bit of an eyebrow raiser.

Not to defend them, but the WHL Live feed uses local radio feeds for play by play and those tend to be super homer-riffic. By contrast, TV play by play always at least tries to maintain a veneer of impartiality, even when it's a regional broadcast and you know they're pulling for the home team.

The Moose Jaw situation was a more blatant demonstration of homerism even by radio standards :laugh:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Good tip, thank you. That annoying construction in front of St. Paul's College has really congested things around there, might be worth getting there a little early on Saturday.

Considering that Wade Miller was throwing down the gauntlet to soccer fans telling them to support the team or it's gone, this isn't going to do much to sell Valour tickets. It was pretty bad before but after last night's humiliation I think there might be crickets at the Valour FC box office.
I view Valour much the same as the ICE. They need a more reasonable long-term home. Watching soccer in a 10% full CFL stadium is pretty bunk. The only way to ensure long-term success would be a much smaller facility actually built for soccer.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I’m glad the Wild took Lambos. He’s looked worse and worse since his draft year

Lambos is perplexing. He is still a good anchor d-man, but he has not really lived up to his star billing. You can see it in terms of how he is not on PP1, how he didn't make it back on the WJHC roster, etc. I'm not sure what the deal is there.

Speaking of d-men, Wyatt Wilson got injured, had to be helped off the ice. I assume he is most likely done for the playoffs. Losing him is a big hurdle for a team that doesn't necessarily have the greatest defensive depth in the world. But I am hoping that Ashton Cumby can rise to the occasion, he had a lot of games when Wilson was injured earlier in the season. It has been kind of a cursed season for Wilson...

Have they really found their stride? Will we be able to soon talk about upcoming playoff scenarios that may increase our chances at a Memorial Cup birth?

I would say that the ICE have hit their stride. Last night they managed to come back against a team that was playing very well, and with a goalie who was standing on his head for the Warriors. That is going to be a pretty backbreaking loss for MJ. I don't expect the Warriors to just roll over, but I would imagine the ICE's confidence levels had to go up yesterday. I think Conor Geekie, for instance, has to be feeling a lot better now that he broke his scoring slump with a hat trick. Now we just need to see Benny pot a few and close out this series on Monday!

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
The Conor Geekie game! Might be the best game I’ve seen him play for the ICE. Huge win. I thought Lambos had fixed some of his decision making issues we saw last season…but those reared their ugly head again Game 5. Close it out game 6 pls. I feel pretty confident against Sask or RD if they can make it there.

Also, please god Wyatt Wilson don’t be out for long. Because: 1) man that kid has had a tough go. 2) Cumby…please no. Honestly, Young may have to go in for 5 min per game…

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
The Conor Geekie game! Might be the best game I’ve seen him play for the ICE. Huge win. I thought Lambos had fixed some of his decision making issues we saw last season…but those reared their ugly head again Game 5. Close it out game 6 pls. I feel pretty confident against Sask or RD if they can make it there.

Also, please god Wyatt Wilson don’t be out for long. Because: 1) man that kid has had a tough go. 2) Cumby…please no. Honestly, Young may have to go in for 5 min per game…

I would not want to underestimate an opponent but I think the ICE would have an easier time with the Blades or Rebels than they've had with MJ. The Warriors are a very formidable team with more depth than you would think. Logan Dowhaniuk is like a bad hangover from the Edmonton series last season, personally I'll be happy if I never have to see him again :laugh:

But seriously, Yager, Firkus, Mateychuk, Korcazk, Rysavy, Wanner, Ungar... they are pretty loaded. Fingers crossed for Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad