Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
You misinterpret my comments. No question they need to be filled. Was only questioning the cost and impact on assets for the future

Stay tuned

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
I think that's a very reasonable price for what he's going to provide.

He's a defensive defenceman, which is obviously a huge need. He'll also probably see some pretty heavy minutes, meaning other guys can slide into a role that they're perhaps more equipped for.

In the Windsor Star article, it mentioned that Mathurin waived his NTC to come here, and he's attending the Chicago Blackhawks camp. The conditionals are reliant on him being sent back to us.

It also said he takes pride in his defensive ability, but he thinks he can chip in offensively as well.

Bowler said the three overagers are now set (Abraham, Mathurin, Morneau).

Tidy piece of business in my opinion.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The Windsor Spitfires have acquired D Tnias Mathurin from the Battalion in exchange for a draft pick and conditional picks.

Cond 2nd, 4th and 6th plus swap of 13th rounders
He can make up for a certain defenceman who never in the zone..

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The Windsor Spitfires have acquired D Tnias Mathurin from the Battalion in exchange for a draft pick and conditional picks.

That's a start. Still going to have to address beyond this year. Eichler won't be back as an OA next year, Mathurin is an OA he's not returning. Jury is still out on Walton, Manzo, Lavigne.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

That’ll be great for you guys. Mathurin is very reliable. I wonder what the conditionals are for? Maybe for him actually playing?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Nice little pickup from Bowler; a veteran who can play at both ends and has NHL eyes watching. Plus, he seems pumped to be coming here, which is refreshing. We'll see how he plays but I'm intrigued.
where did you read that he is pumped to come here?

That’ll be great for you guys. Mathurin is very reliable. I wonder what the conditionals are for? Maybe for him actually playing?
as long as he stays healthy he will be a nice pic up. need an 05 or 06 that can come into play top 4 and ease the pressure on kids still, but a good first step.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

as long as he stays healthy he will be a nice pic up. need an 05 or 06 that can come into play top 4 and ease the pressure on kids still, but a good first step.
Intrigued too...

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
and what did you think he would say? even if he was pissed off about it, do you think hed come out and say it?

honestly, like when was the last time a kid come out and said 'damn, i hate that i got traded here' on a public forum.

Reactions: windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
and what did you think he would say? even if he was pissed off about it, do you think hed come out and say it?

honestly, like when was the last time a kid come out and said 'damn, i hate that i got traded here' on a public forum.
Typical media response for a sport transaction..

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Typical media response for a sport transaction..
of course it is, every team and every player always says the same thing lol. why value any of it. i bet he didnt even say it, he just told the team to write something for him, ive seen that with our team.

could you imagine

'well, i was on the best team in the east last year and was hoping to make a push to win in my last ohl season, but being traded to windsor was a blow, ill just have to make the best of it'

like, no one will ever say that lol

he could be happy, he could not be happy, but the pr statement is just that, a pr statement

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
HEY spitfire fans you are getting a heck of a player who if he stays healthy is going to have a great season. Watched this kid get in shape after his injury last year and was never so impressed by his work and attitude.. Great pick up

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
HEY spitfire fans you are getting a heck of a player who if he stays healthy is going to have a great season. Watched this kid get in shape after his injury last year and was never so impressed by his work and attitude.. Great pick up
its a very smart pick up and probably not as costly as some of the other 04s given health questions.

Reactions: Section 103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad