Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I liked Evans in camp; big kid who played with some grit.
I liked him as well however with 9 D signed already with the expectation Windsor drafts a Euro dman assuming 06 born too,would make 10 D plus the strong possibility of an OA dman,just don't see the room for him.
Already Windsor has 2 -05 born,4 06 born,2-07 born and 1-08 born signed,and if the scenarios happen as I pointed there is no room for him.
Time will tell.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I liked him as well however with 9 D signed already with the expectation Windsor drafts a Euro dman assuming 06 born too,would make 10 D plus the strong possibility of an OA dman,just don't see the room for him.
Already Windsor has 2 -05 born,4 06 born,2-07 born and 1-08 born signed,and if the scenarios happen as I pointed there is no room for him.
Time will tell.

Realistically, they have...

Eichler
Cristoforo
Woodall
Walton
Winegard

Hjelholt
Lavigne
Manzo
Hicks
Evans
OA
Import?
Evans

There will be competition in camp but a lot still rides on any trades and the Import Draft. Do I think Evans has a shot? Yes. Is it longer than others? Yes.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Other than Walton & Winegard we are overall really small at D. Winegard is at best a 6-7 D Do the Spits trade a 06 to size up? as offensive D we have several with Cristoforo, Woodall as well as 07 Manzo. Manzo still 16 until August With Winegard not a shoe in that leaves only Walton with size currently.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Realistically, they have...

Eichler
Cristoforo
Woodall
Walton
Winegard

Hjelholt
Lavigne
Manzo
Hicks
Evans
OA
Import?
Evans

There will be competition in camp but a lot still rides on any trades and the Import Draft. Do I think Evans has a shot? Yes. Is it longer than others? Yes.
So the Spits have 2 Evans now??? The D you mentioned 2 or 3 of them are OHL caliber.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So the Spits have 2 Evans now??? The D you mentioned 2 or 3 of them are OHL caliber.

Yep, the one I typed up and the one I accidentally typed again lol It happens and doesn't change the fact.

What's your evaluation on Walton

I liked his game, generally speaking. Big kid, skates well, reliable in his own zone, chips in offensively here and there, big personality, willing to learn. I wish he used his size more; too many chances to make an impact last season and backed away. The potential is certainly there, though.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Realistically, I can see Toms, Winegard, and Toure being three that are done (graduation or otherwise). Bowler's already said that Eichler should be back. They're not giving up on Walton or Cristoforo, while Woodall is going to be a mainstay, as well.

Import should be someone who is justified at the third spot; don't just take a D because it's a hole. If it's a scoring F, take that. You can always find an OA D, too.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Gage Evans...big kid , solid skills...very good year for Vipers..

Why is he not signed?
they already have 4 guys like him. hes an 06. it would be like winegard 2.0.

the struggle the spits have is that they have a ton of 4-6 guys, they dont have any d that can play top minutes. its hard for kids to develop when they are constantly defending against the other teams 19 year olds. see cristoforo, he got exposed when being forced to play harder minutes when he wasnt ready.

Reactions: Teflon

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Manzo, Lavigne, Eichler, Woodall, Walton, Cristoforo

next year none of those guys are top paring guys. even long term walton and woodall are more 4s, well see about the 07s. eichler is a very average import and would not be on a good team but can be fine with this group. need to bring in someone like van vliet fairly cheep to play against the best 19 year olds and save the kids from over use. eichler can do that too, he is what he is, id release him and try to find a better 05 in the leauge but thats me.

ewles, while not high end, would have filedl eichler's shoes and be a better player for a cost effective price and opened up the import pick for a second pick, even if its a high end guy that may not show right away. imports like eichler are a dime a dozen imo

Reactions: Teflon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad