Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
transparency in what way, a lack of transparency suggests they are hiding something. What are they hiding?

Should they publish it, sure, I just don’t think a common fan cares.
It would save a ton of posts on the HF boards lol at least post a calendar of dates, trade window openings would be a start. All other leagues post it so why does the OHL need to be defiant in not doing so? I realize a team may want to keep their A-card balance private as a bargaining tool. Would be nice instead of I think Bowler used "29" I calculate 28 and so on. Arguments

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It would save a ton of posts on the HF boards lol at least post a calendar of dates, trade window openings would be a start. All other leagues post it so why does the OHL need to be defiant in not doing so? I realize a team may want to keep their A-card balance private as a bargaining tool. Would be nice instead of I think Bowler used "29" I calculate 28 and so on. Arguments
half the time im not even sure if the teams know what cards they have lol. they do have important dates, like the trade deadline. i guess, i just think we are the 1/2 percent who care, and the 98 percent dont. focus on what the 98 percent do care because that pay your bills.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Right now, info is very tough to find. We've proven that over the last few pages. Being open and transparent about these things would be a nice step forward; I posted earlier the info I'd like to see made more readily available.

Not every fan is going to like or care about every piece of information. Does the common fan care about who had the most insurance goals on the Spitfires last season? Probably not, but it's on there and it's Greentree (followed, somewhat surprisingly, but Zhugin). I'm not trying to start a debate, just saying there is information I'd like to see more public and less hidden.

Reactions: Cherrydon

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Right now, info is very tough to find. We've proven that over the last few pages. Being open and transparent about these things would be a nice step forward; I posted earlier the info I'd like to see made more readily available.

Not every fan is going to like or care about every piece of information. Does the common fan care about who had the most insurance goals on the Spitfires last season? Probably not, but it's on there and it's Greentree (followed, somewhat surprisingly, but Zhugin). I'm not trying to start a debate, just saying there is information I'd like to see more public and less hidden.
Well there was only 18 insurance goals available last year so I'm sure it was a short list, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: OHLTG

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That’s fancy stats, not cards and signing info. there is no fancy stat info that the league is ‘hiding’. it’s private for profit companies that sell it.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Soooo any leads on who may be the euro pick? Who may be the next HC??
Those other tidbits are nice but like ohl4life said its a very minute group of folks who care and truly mostly at the deadline lol. Im intrigued how they juggle this seemingly rich group of rookies.

Reactions: windsor7

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Soooo any leads on who may be the euro pick? Who may be the next HC??
Those other tidbits are nice but like ohl4life said its a very minute group of folks who care and truly mostly at the deadline lol. Im intrigued how they juggle this seemingly rich group of rookies.
After June 30th before Walters is possiblly named the HC. Guessing now that all but 2 NHL and 2 AHL still playing, it will be liklely be him unless a surprise is coming. Import Draft deals are usually made between team/family/agents before draft actually happens and after NHL draft late June.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
After June 30th before Walters is possiblly named the HC. Guessing now that all but 2 NHL and 2 AHL still playing, it will be liklely be him unless a surprise is coming. Import Draft deals are usually made between team/family/agents before draft actually happens and after NHL draft late June.
Bowler 'safe' pick..

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
the safe pick was last year, this is not safe, its the opposite, walters isnt such a great coach to ignore his background. hes a good coach but lots of drama
I would agree with Walters being the choice. I believe you would have heard something if it was someone else. Connection with Newbury and him sticking around. Nothing said with Torres. By this time you would want to have a coach just in regards for assistant coaches. If Newbury and Torres weren't in the plans you would want to give them a chance to find another job. The last thing organizations want to do is pay coaches not to work.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
I would imagine Walters would bring in a proper defensive coach to right the ship.

What is in the plans for Evans (not signed)? He had a very good year with the Vipers.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I would imagine Walters would bring in a proper defensive coach to right the ship.

What is in the plans for Evans (not signed)? He had a very good year with the Vipers.
and thats why torres would be the odd man out. him and newbury are best friends. they may be holding onto torres incase walters does not get back into the league.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
torres probably would stay, but not great given the d situation, need someone who knows how to coach d and neither torres or newbury have much experience in that.
Agreed. I just find it interesting why would there be such an appeal with Walters? He was fine in Oshawa but nothing great in OS and that's not even discussing the suspension. The best hire Bowler made in Savard didn't have OHL coaching experience. Is this why he likes Walters?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Agreed. I just find it interesting why would there be such an appeal with Walters? He was fine in Oshawa but nothing great in OS and that's not even discussing the suspension. The best hire Bowler made in Savard didn't have OHL coaching experience. Is this why he likes Walters?
there is a personal relationship there for sure. thats all i know.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So thinking is Walters with Newburry? Maybe they keep Torres as skills guy and hire an actual D coach??? Im stunned if walters is the choice! Theres gotta be better candidates out there to choose from without the baggage too! Tells me BB isn’t feeling any heat from ownership on this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad