Pre-Game Talk: Last home game of the 2023-24 season - Game 6 talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1667607625947232.jpg

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Can anyone with tickets to the game on Friday do me a favor? Be in your seat for warm-up.

Be in your seat the moment the pregame video begins and be loud. Shake the building while the team is still in the dressing room. The Panthers need to sit there and listen to the pandemonium they are walking into.

In 05/06 the building was electric 20 minutes before puck drop. We are going to need that atmosphere for this game. The Panthers don't want to lose this game. They know what game 7 is going to bring if we get there.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Every Oiler player owes it to themselves and to their captain to play the right way . They have a chance to do something historic. This team will be remembered for years to come if they can pull this off.

Play smart and with desperation. No lazy or careless plays. Play to your fullest capacity in every shift. Win or lose, you'll know in your heart, you've done everything possible and that's something you can live with and without regret.

The trio of Nurse, Ceci and Mcleod, the team needs you now. Draisatl and Nuge, it's your time to shine. Your captain needs you more than ever. He paved the way to make history, now take it to the finish line.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
f*** lads, this popped up in my algo after getting drunk and popping through the youtube while I was stroking it to the Oilers glazing. Anyway, this is a good look at the other side, and basically what I felt as an Oil fan from what?, 07-17. Lord Jesus. (EDIT: Sorry ain't working, here's the the end to the youtube link: )

Poor fella. We have it completely won in all of their heads.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

The look on Connors' face when Wayne is talking about winning in Edmonton.

I forgot about that interview. <3

The numerous tweets they showed in that piece by FLA fans taunting Oiler fandom about how the Oilers were cooked/done/finished was a good reminder for ourselves to be positive and confident but to keep our jibes within boundaries.

I believe in karma.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Good morning Oilers fam. We welcomed a beautiful new Oilers fan into the world last night. My son Freddy was born healthy and 8 lbs 4 oz.

I tried but my wife wouldn't let me name him Connor.
'grats ! love the name :pcheer:

We had our first child, a daughter, in 2024. She's born here in Leon's hometown, and we're only waiting on the Canadian certificate of citizenship. She will come to Oil Country next season :)

This alone makes 2024 unforgettable, but fingers & toes are all crossed for the boys to give us another gift! 🙏

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
It's a special occasion so I will TRY my best to only say positive things about whoever playing.

May it be a Skinner blunder, a nurse fart give away or Drai not backchecking.

Tomorrow I'll love and cheers them all equally.

Good morning Oilers fam. We welcomed a beautiful new Oilers fan into the world last night. My son Freddy was born healthy and 8 lbs 4 oz.

I tried but my wife wouldn't let me name him Connor.
Not even as a middle name?
Freedy Connor sound right ;)

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
The numerous tweets they showed in that piece by FLA fans taunting Oiler fandom about how the Oilers were cooked/done/finished was a good reminder for ourselves to be positive and confident but to keep our jibes within boundaries.

I believe in karma.
Remember boys, the Cup isn't in the building for you on Friday night. But it will be on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad