Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So i assume the “Decision “ by thurs was from a bad source…
Not sure what you are getting at? There is always a league sponsored press conference the day before the first round which would be Thursday. They make a big media deal about the 1st overall pick. Now I post this and of course they may just change it this year, lol.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Seriously, the choice has been made by now. Just not announced. Bowler has likely interviewed several top picks as well as players expected early in the 2nd. The wait to announce is more of a publicity for some. Like it is a last minute decision lol. Not for tghe 1stpuck overall . Jersey already made, maybe number selected already as well

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Link to top 60..OHL DRAFT PROSPECTS by Ryan Wagoner

Never heard of the guy that made the list but I highly doubt smith or Fitzgerald goes that low after the ohl cup they had. Also isn’t Nyman supposed to be going to the bchl or somewhere else? Why would he go 4th then

Kinda funny though on a lot of lists they all have kingston picking the same player, Mclean 8th overall

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Never heard of the guy that made the list but I highly doubt smith or Fitzgerald goes that low after the ohl cup they had. Also isn’t Nyman supposed to be going to the bchl or somewhere else? Why would he go 4th then

Kinda funny though on a lot of lists they all have kingston picking the same player, Mclean 8th overall
Draft prospect lists are only players eligible to be drafted and their ranking. Doesn't mean they will play or report in the OHL. This list is not a mock draft.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Draft prospect lists are only players eligible to be drafted and their ranking. Doesn't mean they will play or report in the OHL. This list is not a mock draft.
Okay. Still not sure how smith and Fitzgerald are rated so low.

Also xu I’ve heard could be a late first round pick and even the director of scouting in the ohl says he already plays a ‘pro style game’ and the guy has him going at #49

Looking at it again here, I’ve heard croskery is the second best d man in the draft behind nyman and would go middle of first round and he is rated as the #6 d man on this list and 23 overall

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Ryan Wagner (named spelled wrong above) is a hockey scout and is involved with Sports Management at Brock U.

Reactions: frontsfan67

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
"You've heard" because you've read someone elses list. That's the beauty of it. Everyone has their own idea of who will be a better ohler. And right now, nobody knows which is more correct.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Teams should be careful drafting a player based on their ohl cup, 1 week performance.
If it fits the eeason long assessment n progression shown, sure. If its a one off or just a great week........ buyer beware

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Teams should be careful drafting a player based on their ohl cup, 1 week performance.
If it fits the eeason long assessment n progression shown, sure. If its a one off or just a great week........ buyer beware
Absolutely agree! Player has a great week and he is suddenly golden boy. Player nursing small injury or say bout of flu. What does suck is the non-publishing of stats for these players.

Reactions: OHLTG and rve24

spitsfan28

Mar 31, 2024
Genuinely curious, I've heard a lot of talk around the urgency to build around the 06 class. I understand that our 06s are a talented group but instead of rushing the process why not trade some of the 06s, stockpile picks, draft heavy and focus on building around 08 and 09 players? (Again, not trying to start an argument, just genuinely curious how everyone feels about this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad