Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Bowler did mention he had until 2PM today to make any trades. It was as if he was just checking to see if any team wanted to up their offer for one of the 2nd round picks.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Do thry actually have any? Bowler needs to fix that ship right away..
They need to fix it yes but does not need to be " right away". Better options likely once all the pro leagues wind down their seasons. I'm sure there are lots of great options already but needs to be no stone unturned approach to finding a head coach.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Belchetz - very nice, poised kid, all smiles, knows he has stuff to work on but also knows what he brings to the table. He seemed very thankful just to be there. Now onto the hard work...

Noticeably absent was any of the coaching staff. At least on camera. HL you were there so did you see any of them there?

Torres and Grant were there, behind the camera.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
They need to fix it yes but does not need to be " right away". Better options likely once all the pro leagues wind down their seasons. I'm sure there are lots of great options already but needs to be no stone unturned approach to finding a head coach.
Didn't happen last time.
Hopefully history doesn't repeat..

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Very happy with this selection. I mean Valentini or Some other player  Could go on to be the best player from this draft. But in my opinion Bowler made the best pick. Cant pass up the potential to go eith the Size and Skill with this kid, the only thing with these Taller prospects coming in will be as with any taller player how will he transition to the OHL Pace and style of play. I think from sll accounts he will come in and contribute right of way.

In his interview after the announcement he sounds like a well spoken kid with his head on straight which will only help him in the league. Says Likes to play a rough style of play and use his body, im hoping he is a force in this league. Excited with the pick and person were getting but time will tell the level he can get too. Very excited!!

Hope to snag a D and another solid forward with our two early second round selections. Hope Bowler and these scouts can find some diamonds in the rough during the 3+ rounds that can contribute in the next year or two. This team can hopefully be a top team in the next two seasons.

Go Spits!!!

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Anybody know what’s happening with Eric Wellwood

LMAO for sure. Great escape with the benefit of 20:20.
I keep thinking Wellwood too. Established in this league. Windsor is home for him? I know he left flint to be at home more. Granted, any OHL team includes travel, but if you can leave practice and make it home for dinner with the kids most nights, I could see that being appealing… and even a cause to stick around a while.

A few full weekends away, lots of travel within 3 hours, doesn’t seem all that bad for a Junior coaching gig. Plus from all I know he’s pretty favorited by the fans and has history here, seems like the perfect fit if he wanted the job. Could be a multi-year coach due specifically to circumstance. I imagine if he was shooting for that NHL job, there would’ve been more info that slipped out about him leaving the Marlies? (“Medical leave”)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad