Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Evola makes solid recommendations… BB makes the decision. Often they arent in lockstep! This year MAY be different. Player MUST have a high compete energy with an edge, team desperately needs that.
Agree fully, high compete is essential

Reactions: OHL 17

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Bowler pretty much alluded to tanking the team which I thought was interesting. I guess you never really know with how tight lipped things can be under him, but it makes me wonder if that was the plan from Day 1. Was Smith appointed just because they knew he’d fail and they wanted a reason to push him out after a decade? 3 picks in the Top 25, doesn’t often happen by accident, makes me wonder how big of a picture he’s looking at.

I also look at Belchetz at 6’5” with him being the potential 3rd tallest player on the team, behind Winegard and Martin. Who are debatably two guys that are here just because of their size. Someone at that size with the skills to back it up, has me excited to see him on the ice. Doesn’t really seem like there’s much concern from him or his family about reporting to Windsor. When the other options are likely Sarnia, who haven’t seen much success and Niagara and their debacle, any top 4 pick ending up in Windsor I’d imagine is happy. Even if they did have a bad year on the ice and fired a coach.

Reactions: OHL 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad