Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Bill Bowler has been VP of Hockey Operations now for 3 years. It is and was pretty obvious that he is WR's replacement. Is Bowler that right guy or the best guy available, that's open for debate. This is not shocking news at all, more like "We all knew this was gonna happen for a long time". There is a reason it has been all smiles with this group in public, everything has worked out they way they want it.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I suspect every OHL GM is there. Please don't draft the elusive Import RD the Greyhounds so desperately need.
I hope there are enough to go around....the Petes could use an import Dman too. Although they’d probably settle for a LD as long as he’s big, mobile, especially strong defensively with some offensive upside.
Is that really too much to ask?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
During the U15 HC event in Windsor I cant say Bowler was very interactive when he had the chance to talk with the kids n parents during one of the scheduled events. Seemed to just mail it in.
Very much a.... Hello, got questions, find me, and Im out. Seemed odd.

Maybe that's his personality or stuff was going on behind scenes but I was disappointed with his time in front of the players n parents.
The other Spits staff and local players n staff involved were very accommodating to the kids.

People did comment on it thou.

member 71782

Poster above said Bowler is still in town. WR doesn't need supervision in Vancouver.

If Rychel doesn't have full autonomy then without supervision/support or someone to approve his potential actions he can't do a whole lot to benefit Windsor.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Maybe Warren has some interviews scheduled in Van - a lot of those types of things get done during draft weekends. So maybe he is there on his own dime so to speak?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Ok but he’s in Vancouver at the nhl draft!! There’s not a lot going on there for the ohl. If he’s neutered as we may think deals aren’t going thru him anyway. Best for all involved?? He gets his nhl job and steps down from Spits. Everyone saves face. Bowler can be named GM and the savages think no ones any wiser....

ohlws

Feb 4, 2011
During the U15 HC event in Windsor I cant say Bowler was very interactive when he had the chance to talk with the kids n parents during one of the scheduled events. Seemed to just mail it in.
Very much a.... Hello, got questions, find me, and Im out. Seemed odd.

Maybe that's his personality or stuff was going on behind scenes but I was disappointed with his time in front of the players n parents.
The other Spits staff and local players n staff involved were very accommodating to the kids.

People did comment on it thou.

That is pretty much his personality, my sister works at the Canadian blood services and she runs into him enough when he goes to donate. She's not much of a fan of his.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
15 picks gone, U.S. development team 7, OHL 0, QMHL 0. Said it before we are no longer a development league. Pretty sad. Where has it gone south? More so why?

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Canada needs to figure out a way to have a USNDTP type program IMO. I get it would be hard from the business point of view but still.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Finally a OHL player selected from the Steelheads, oh yeah he's American. Good grief we need to start develope Ontario born hockey players. Like it or not we have been surpassed by the Americans, the Finns and the Sweedes for high level talent. sad state of affairs. Suzuki might be the only Ontarion to get picked 1st round.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Really which poster? If areknights when was that U-15 HC held ? Please enlighten me..
Check PM.

I did also post on here previous to the event it was taking place. Just wasn't sure if it was open to the public or not. (It was)
Practices/semimars/scrimmages

Last edited:

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Finally a OHL player selected from the Steelheads, oh yeah he's American. Good grief we need to start develope Ontario born hockey players. Like it or not we have been surpassed by the Americans, the Finns and the Sweedes for high level talent. sad state of affairs. Suzuki might be the only Ontarion to get picked 1st round.
He is actually a dual citizen

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Rounds 2-7 of the NHL draft go today. Egor expected to get picked in the 1st half of the 2nd. Hopefully a couple others will go in the middle rounds. Didn’t spot any of the Spitfire entourage on TV...

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
The 4 Spit players eligible for the NHL draft should learn a lesson from their final rankings. If you don't put in the effort your ranking will go down. Leadership is important to help these young players stay focused, and lack of it just increases the emphasis on personal motivation.

Once you reach this hockey level, the "eyes in the sky" never go away!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The 4 Spit players eligible for the NHL draft should learn a lesson from their final rankings. If you don't put in the effort your ranking will go down. Leadership is important to help these young players stay focused, and lack of it just increases the emphasis on personal motivation.

Once you reach this hockey level, the "eyes in the sky" never go away!

The eye in the sky doesn't lie. The article in the paper was pretty eye opening for different reasons.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
The draft reinforces my take on the CHL. It has become to much business not enough player development!! Without a huge tune up the league is losing its stature. Maybe Branch and company will take notice. Affys drop also indicates he’s likely to be here for 2 years.

Reactions: Cherrydon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad