Value of: William Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mad Brills*

It's not at all realistic. Not even close. Like a 5% chance if that.

There's a better chance he's our 60-70 point second line center in 3 years.

Again, I only trade him for a seth jones type player, like what ryjo got.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Again, I only trade him for a seth jones type player, like what ryjo got.

or we keep him and draft our own next year? there are a few good ones.....

how dumb would it look if Nylander is getting 65-70pts a year and we moved him for a 25-30pt 2nd pairing dman because we panicked?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Price for Lupul.

Game over.

I like it. Goalie prices are low with the eminent expansion drafts and the Habs add to a position of weakness with a proven left winger that produced at a PPG pace prior to his last injury while banking on a recovery.

The leafs take a chance on a former allstar goalie who suffered a major setback with an injury ridden quarter season. :sarcasm:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
the leafs wouldn't trade rielly for galchenyuk. There values may be close but you need a number one dmen and rielly is tracking to be that. Sorry but the leafs wouldn't ever consider rielly for Gallagher

i wouldnt trade Gallagher for Galchenyuk, people dont realize how good he is. Galchenyuk for Rielly is about even value but i understand if Leafs fans would rather have Rielly.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
the leafs wouldn't trade rielly for galchenyuk. There values may be close but you need a number one dmen and rielly is tracking to be that. Sorry but the leafs wouldn't ever consider rielly for Gallagher

Nor would the Habs consider Galchenyuk for Gardiner.The only thing thay have in common is the Letter G at the start of their name....And ya also both play hockey but
Galchenyuk >>>Gardiner when it comes to hockey so that's not really a common thing between them.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
i wouldnt trade Gallagher for Galchenyuk, people dont realize how good he is. Galchenyuk for Rielly is about even value but i understand if Leafs fans would rather have Rielly.

Well considering they play for the same team it would be a useless trade.
If i was forced to trade one Gallagher would be long gone before Galchenyuk.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
In 2-3 years nylander could have similar value to ryjo

Or he could have much higher value. The point is why move him before we really know.

Moving Nylander isnt our only way to add another top 4 Dman. We will still likely have another high pick in next years draft and will have plenty of cap space in next years free agency.
Some people still need to learn that the rebuild is still going to take time and making moves to try to hurry it could make it take longer when mistakes are made.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Leaf fans are going to want way more than any non-Leaf fan thinks of Nylander's value.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Nor would the Habs consider Galchenyuk for Gardiner. The only thing thay have in common is the Letter G at the start of their name....And ya also both play hockey but
Galchenyuk >>>Gardiner when it comes to hockey so that's not really a common thing between them.

I guess you didn't notice that that was a bad comparison post to the stupid Nylander for Spurgeon the Habs fan made. Shouldn't have been that tough to notice, since you know he quoted that post and everything.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
If the Leafs traded Nylander, it would be for a defenseman of equal potential/value. That's about the only trade I could see happening.

Still, I think the Leafs wait to see which our "big three" (nylander/marner/matthews) pan out before we decide if any of them should be traded for some help on the backend.

I think a lot of it also relies on how guys like Brown turn out.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
IF the leafs decided to trade him, what would be the price you'd be willing to pay for him.

RHD is the obvious need for the leafs.

Dude, you need a girlfriend, a job or a really good hobby to fill time.

The Leafs aren't trading Nylander.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Dude, you need a girlfriend, a job or a really good hobby to fill time.

The Leafs aren't trading Nylander.

I don't think anybody on the/a message board can point the finger at someone else saying they're wasting their time/life.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't think anybody on the/a message board can point the finger at someone else saying they're wasting their time/life.

I can think of a few posters :sarcasm:

Most of them with 100k+ posts within 2-3 years but thats neither here nor there.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
We just finished year one of the rebuild. We don't need to address every single need in 1 off-season, we should see what we have in him first.

This, Why rush the rebuild when they have stated over and over patience. They added polak to eat up time while Dermott Develops in the minors. Also I would expect next years first to be a defenseman. There not winning the cup next year, no need to over pay for a defenseman in this crazy market.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Why the hurry to decimate centre depth? We've been after it for years and now we potentially have have it (Matthews, Nylander, Kadri). I don't understand the motivation here at all. See what we have in the kids before making drastic changes imo.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
If I could get a high potential first pairing two way RHD for Nylander I'd do it (I'd even add to him), but those dont grow on trees so

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I think Willie N gets traded. A few years ago he was the big hype - the Leafs best prospect in years. Now Marner and Matthews have overshadowed him...I think Nylander is upset that he is now a "complimentary" piece and no longer the top dog. People have questioned his work ethic in the past...don't forget...

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I think Willie N gets traded. A few years ago he was the big hype - the Leafs best prospect in years. Now Marner and Matthews have overshadowed him...I think Nylander is upset that he is now a "complimentary" piece and no longer the top dog. People have questioned his work ethic in the past...don't forget...

He isn't a complimentary piece though... He's still looked at as a core piece. People who have no idea questioned his work ethic in the past, but that was put to bed very shortly after being drafted. By all accounts he's a gym rat and is willing to put the work in to be the very best he can. So yeah, your post/opinion is incorrect.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Nylander is no longer hyped...interesting. Also being upset at the prospect of playin with supremely talented teammates is not a detractor, pretty ludicrous statement overall. Noone can win on their own in hockey.... Nylander has been phenomenal for the past several years (and a top 10 prospect league wide at minimum on every list), the shine is clearly still beaming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad