Value of: William Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Mad Brills, stop posting non sense on these boards.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
Just because it's summer vacation for you doesn't mean you're obligated to create this many threads every day.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
I'd debate Provorov like crazy, but probably end up passing.

Not a fan of Hani, so easy pass.

Nylander will not be traded unless it's a massive overpayment. It just does't make sense to trade him.

Agree 100% but Hanifin holds objective value.

Personally I'd pull the trigger for Provorov. Marner cushions the blow of losing Nylander

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Mad Brills, stop posting non sense on these boards.

Ya really, 6 threads started by him on the main page alone! Other teams' fans are constantly complaining about the endless number of threads created by Leaf fans, but in reality 90% of them either come from him or HFboarduser!

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Brills your a good poster, but when it comes to make trades and looking into value of players you kill yourself. The less trades you propose the better(and this isn't an insult), posting all these threads will only result in people getting annoyed when the value is constantly off. I used to do the same thing when I first start posting(just posting threads because i got an idea in my head), the leafs can't and wont trade nylander. He's a top 5 prospect and we should consider ourselves fortunate as hell to have him as our 3rd best prospect. To pry him away a team if offering a rhd that will be as good and hurt them as much as it will hurt a team to trade away a player of nylanders skill and caliber. think seth jones, zack werenski, ivan provorov, noah hanifin, and maybe a few others. And this still doesn't occur in real life as willy is a part of the core and al thos eother guys are also part of there respective teams, but atleast the value is close and it makes for a better disscussion than nylander for someone like barrie(who you mentioned). The leafs are still rebuilding, we have everything moving forward except a top pairing rhd player/prospect. Timothy Lilijgren is available in this draft and is being hyped up quite a bit as of now. We can wait a year or two before it becomes nesscessary to go and trade for a rhd.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You won't like the return.
Edmonton just traded a better and more established offensive player for Larsson.
So, discount the return from there. Defensemen are demanding a premium in trades.
Better to hold onto Nylander and try for a defenseman in next year's free agency.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Edmonton just traded a better and more established offensive player for Larsson.
So, discount the return from there. Defensemen are demanding a premium in trades.
Better to hold onto Nylander and try for a defenseman in next year's free agency.

Yeah just like how Forsberg for Erat set the trade market after that :rolleyes:

Bad trades don't set the market. If bad trades set the market, they wouldn't be bad trades.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nylander isn't for sale. The names listed are the ones that might get conversation going if both teams wanted to go into that direction. He has played center in his stint and had a 50 pt pace and was a great possession player, and won 49 percent of his faceoffs. Right now the plan according to babcock was to have him and matthews on a line with matthews taking right faceoffs and nylander left. As you can see willy is a center who can play on the wing like zetterberg,giroux(used to), and others. He's a part of the core and isn't for sale no matter how many times mad brills or hfboarduser put him into trade threads.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yeah just like how Forsberg for Erat set the trade market after that :rolleyes:

Bad trades don't set the market. If bad trades set the market, they wouldn't be bad trades.

Repeating stock phrases is also not a valid rebuttal. :shakehead
Established defensemen are in short supply and are always going to demand a premium.
That's why these guys rarely move and when they do the price is high.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nylander isn't for sale. The names listed are the ones that might get conversation going if both teams wanted to go into that direction. He has played center in his stint and had a 50 pt pace and was a great possession player, and won 49 percent of his faceoffs. Right now the plan according to babcock was to have him and matthews on a line with matthews taking right faceoffs and nylander left. As you can see willy is a center who can play on the wing like zetterberg,giroux(used to), and others. He's a part of the core and isn't for sale no matter how many times mad brills or hfboarduser put him into trade threads.

I never claimed he was for sale.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Repeating stock phrases is also not a valid rebuttal. :shakehead
Established defensemen are in short supply and are always going to demand a premium.
That's why these guys rarely move and when they do the price is high.

I'm not repeating stock phrases, I'm telling you how the trade market works. Just because one bad trade happened, doesn't mean that's what the new norm is. Hall could have returned a hell of a lot more than Larsson. That trade has zero bearing on what Nylander would get

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm not repeating stock phrases, I'm telling you how the trade market works. Just because one bad trade happened, doesn't mean that's what the new norm is. Hall could have returned a hell of a lot more than Larsson. That trade has zero bearing on what Nylander would get

I agree it was a bad trade but top three defensemen are rarely available. Nylander would get far less than what Leaf fans would want.
That is why Toronto would be better developing him themselves if they eventually want to trade him for defensive help. And before I am attacked, I am not saying that the Leaf's should trade him. I'm simply responding to the OP.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I never claimed he was for sale.
if the leafs traded him it would be for a player around his age and with his potential. We wouldn't go after a subban, or a weber like the oilers were looking for. The oilers wanted a dmen who could play in the nhl at this moment and has experience. We would be targetting top defensive prospects like werenski, provorov, sanheim(with a pretty sizable plus, wouldn't do this but just a scenario), hanafin, theodore with once again a big plus. These are top defensive prospects(the first 2 and hanfin who is a player with great potetnial like nylander). Though all this tradetalk is nonsense i guess as we both agree that he isn't for sale and wont be moved. To important of a player moving forward to trade him.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
if the leafs traded him it would be for a player around his age and with his potential. We wouldn't go after a subban, or a weber like the oilers were looking for. The oilers wanted a dmen who could play in the nhl at this moment and has experience. We would be targetting top defensive prospects like werenski, provorov, sanheim(with a pretty sizable plus, wouldn't do this but just a scenario), hanafin, theodore with once again a big plus. These are top defensive prospects(the first 2 and hanfin who is a player with great potetnial like nylander). Though all this tradetalk is nonsense i guess as we both agree that he isn't for sale and wont be moved. To important of a player moving forward to trade him.

Fair enough.
I doubt that you would get Hanifin or Provorov or some of those other guys.
Defensemen like that are just too valuable and are seldom moved. You really need to draft them.
I agree though that the best bet is to hold onto him.

Mad Brills*

Nylander being traded within 3 years isn't crazy by the way.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Ya really, 6 threads started by him on the main page alone! Other teams' fans are constantly complaining about the endless number of threads created by Leaf fans, but in reality 90% of them either come from him or HFboarduser!

Oh my gosh! What if they're the same person :o. Mind blown. In any event; no, leafs aren't trading any of the "big 3"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad