Confirmed with Link: Will Smith signs ELC

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
They should come together. Celebrini and Smitty. Like Getzbald and Perry coming up together.

Also Musty should be ready too which is nuts, that's a lot of rookies yall!!

Genuinely makes me so excited for next season. I fully know they’ll struggle etc etc etc but after watching the atrocity that was last year it’s truly exciting to see some high end young talent injected into the team. I don’t care if they lose just as much, now we get to see our future develop.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Wow, I don't expect to see breaking news at this hour unless it's about English football. This is exciting!

Hard to envisage a scenario now where Celebrini doesn't also come to the Sharks. And yeah, I'm very curious as to what happens with Musty. We have a lot to look forward to even if there are going to be a lot of growing pains along the way.

Clear the decks, the kids are coming!

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Lund line
xxxx-Celebrini-Smith
Kostin-xxxx-Kunin
Zadina-Sturm-xxxx

So ideally up front we need a big physical LW to play with the kids (I like Joshua or Foegele here or Marchment if Dallas wants to shed cap), a two-way 3C (Kotkaniemi? Pageau? Stenlund?) and a bottom six winger.
Anders Lee 2LW and JGP 3C from Islanders? Joshua would be nice addition too. Defence is going to be the hard part, but I trust MG could make it more respectable this offseason.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Lund line
xxxx-Celebrini-Smith
Kostin-xxxx-Kunin
Zadina-Sturm-xxxx

So ideally up front we need a big physical LW to play with the kids (I like Joshua or Foegele here or Marchment if Dallas wants to shed cap), a two-way 3C (Kotkaniemi? Pageau? Stenlund?) and a bottom six winger.

I think that's pretty much the plan. I kind of like Smith on Celebrini's wing. This is maybe a risky bet, but Celebrini should be a solid 2C from day 1. Give him and Smith a legit top 6 winger and it'll be a decent line. That said, that guy almost has to be a guy with size and physicality. Joshua or Marchment would be ideal.

I wouldn't mind grabbing two top 9 wingers, so then if Smith is ready we can put him as third line C. A guy like Duclair/Perron and a bigger prize like Teuvo/Marchment/Joshua. Not sure we'd need two top 9 wingers and a 3C, as that's adding 5 top 9 forwards (hopefully 6 within 18 months with Musty), but we have a lot of cap space.

Eklund-Granlund-Zetterlund
Joshua-Celebrini-Smith
Couture/Koistin-Kotkaniemi-Duclair
Zadina-Sturm-Kunin

If Joshua is open to San Jose, he might cost us $6M for 4-6 years. I'm betting a contender will throw $4.5-5M at him. Scored a .5 PPG and .6 PPG in the playoffs, while being a good penalty killer, fights, and hits a ton. That's awfully rich and feels like the type of contract you immediately regret. Our forwards lack physicality and size, Joshua would be a great pickup, but every single team would like to have him. We're attaching you to Celebrini isn't a bad pitch though. Could he be Celebrini's Zach Hyman?

If Joshua is going to cost too much, Anders Lee and Mason Marchnment would be ideal. Good size, shorter contracts, legit top 9 forwards with size and physicality. Can't recall if they both have NTCs or not. Again, Celebrini's winger isn't a bad pitch, but we're still going to be poor.

I think we absolutely need to do a better job of surrounding Celebrini and Smith with talent than Chicago surrounded Bedard with.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Anyone else catch the line about Celebrini at the end?

“Celebrini is also expected, after the Sharks select him with the No. 1 pick next month, to forgo his college eligibility and make the jump to pro hockey”
Yeah, but that’s more related to “youngest Hobey Baker winner ever 1st overall pick” than a scoop. It would be surprising if Mack went back, but it is possible. Hence, “expected to sign”.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yeah, but that’s more related to “youngest Hobey Baker winner ever 1st overall pick” than a scoop. It would be surprising if Mack went back, but it is possible. Hence, “expected to sign”.
I'm to lazy to look it up, but by memory has there ever been a 1st overall that didn't make the jump instantly? The only 1 that i can think it might of happened with was the Wright draft and Montreal 1st.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm to lazy to look it up, but by memory has there ever been a 1st overall that didn't make the jump instantly? The only 1 that i can think it might of happened with was the Wright draft and Montreal 1st.
Owen Power, recently. I don’t know if I can think of another one. But Power was a very weak 1st overall and hadn’t dominated the NCAA at that point, so I don’t really think their situations are comparable.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Power. Slaf made the jump immediately. Every 1st overall in the last 10 years outside of Power made the jump immediately (as far as I remember)

On a more related to Smith note, this next season is going to be very fun.

Zetterlund-Granlund-Bordeleau
Eklund-Celebrini-vet forward that isn’t Kunin
Kostin-Sturm-Smith
Graf-4C-Kunin

If couture is healthy put him on Celebrini’s wing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad