Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Maybe the Petes get a F in return for Sztuska when they deal him… I still think he’s going to end up in London just like simmer did.
I don't think they're getting a player for him. Some random draft pick most likely imo

But just keep him at this point, they've f***ed up all the options behind him .. (Bowen lame duck starter year that goes nowhere. Rye lame duck backup year before a lame duck starter year where it goes nowhere. Johnston lame duck development year behind two guys who can both return next year and the year after oh what fun).

I guess maybe good for Dylan Lee-Stack, he got away from this mess. Maybe can find a spot without 27 what ifs/"I know that guy", ahead of him.

dangerousjd

May 2, 2010
not able to be in attendance or watch this and only preseason but Chase Lefebvre having a nice game! 2 goals and assist thus far! way to go kid, good start to making me eat my own words! 5-4 petes after 2 periods
happy they signed Marentette big kid who is +2 in first taste of preseason OHL action.....he belongs in my eyes although no eye test of seeing this game but standed out from everything ive seen
seems penalties are making this game closer then it should be hopefully petes can cut down on undiscipline penalties..
32 shots given up through 2 and bowen 4 goals against..
need to tighten that up

dangerousjd

May 2, 2010
wow lefebvre getting destroyed on faceoffs 3 for 12 and brody patridge 6 of 18

fitzgerald batting 50 percent 12 of 24 is good and nice to see

lmao if we are gonna keep this partridge kid on petes 4th line you have to win faceoffs! lordy...
is he killing penalties? even worse lol
ill take a deep breath its preseason .....:)

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Mason Johnston signed, DLS cut.

Training camp is utterly meaningless. Future Petes walk ons take note.

The Turcotte thing is even more baffling.

We're really going to lose Turcotte so we can sign Ben Sherwin?
Wasn’t there a ton of complaining about Chris quinzi the goalie being cut last year? I remember being attacked by a few fans over saying the goalie wasn’t as good and guess what, he wasn’t

you already have 3 goalies signed anyways, what team needs 4 signed goalies?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Wasn’t there a ton of complaining about Chris quinzi the goalie being cut last year? I remember being attacked by a few fans over saying the goalie wasn’t as good and guess what, he wasn’t

you already have 3 goalies signed anyways, what team needs 4 signed goalies?
Sztuska is getting traded. Petes fans were hoping for Lee-Stack to sign during camp and that was before the team decided on Johnston instead.

Rye has shown glimpses of potential but not enough to guarantee a spot. I think fans were hoping for DLS because he aligns with the core of this team (2007’s). Now we hope Masen Johnston can be that guy.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Sztuska is getting traded. Petes fans were hoping for Lee-Stack to sign during camp and that was before the team decided on Johnston instead.

Rye has shown glimpses of potential but not enough to guarantee a spot. I think fans were hoping for DLS because he aligns with the core of this team (2007’s). Now we hope Masen Johnston can be that guy.
can you not see this is Chris quinzi 2.0 thou? you guys cried last year about not signing him, and he had an awful year.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
can you not see this is Chris quinzi 2.0 thou? you guys cried last year about not signing him, and he had an awful year.
Yeah, you’ve got a good point. I think my frustration comes from the fact that every year they preach about guys earning there spot at training camp which is clearly BS… DLS had the best camp and was sent packing. If you were always going to take the local kids then why bother even inviting the others to camp. It feels like to me they had there mind made up before camp even began

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

I wouldn't bet the farm that Stuska will be traded.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Yeah, you’ve got a good point. I think my frustration comes from the fact that every year they preach about guys earning there spot at training camp which is clearly BS… DLS had the best camp and was sent packing. If you were always going to take the local kids then why bother even inviting the others to camp. It feels like to me they had there mind made up before camp even began
can’t sign everyone, I remember people complaining about not signing Judd Katz back in the day. I do t know why but the Pete’s fans on here seem like they want 40 kids signed at all times.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
can’t sign everyone, I remember people complaining about not signing Judd Katz back in the day. I do t know why but the Pete’s fans on here seem like they want 40 kids signed at all times.
And to be fair, 12/18 months of a kid in your system shouldn’t trump 4/5 good days at a camp unless the player is light years away. What if it’s another quizni where he jus t got hot over a short period.

the pressure to sign rye or signing him without reason is probably one of the reasons you can’t sign another goalie now, but I’m sure there were tones of fans on here saying he neeeed to be signed asap that year

dangerousjd

May 2, 2010
when i was a kid i wanted the petes to sign John Boom Boom Shamoon from Iraq....remember he dropped the gloves in training camp going around fighting everyone and everyone lol..
everyone likes to root for an underdog...
its the politics and bias that gets me frusturated and we seen alot less of it with the Dick Todd or Twohey era then these days and the results have shown that since in my opinion.
if the hometown boy isnt good enough, then he isnt good enough simple as that
whats people opinion on this O connor kid? his dad assistant coach....i dont think he looked out of place but i dont think he stood out or was any better then alot of the other 16, 17 year olds who got cut....he gonna make the team? hmmmm

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
when i was a kid i wanted the petes to sign John Boom Boom Shamoon from Iraq....remember he dropped the gloves in training camp going around fighting everyone and everyone lol..
everyone likes to root for an underdog...
its the politics and bias that gets me frusturated and we seen alot less of it with the Dick Todd or Twohey era then these days and the results have shown that since in my opinion.
if the hometown boy isnt good enough, then he isnt good enough simple as that
whats people opinion on this O connor kid? his dad assistant coach....i dont think he looked out of place but i dont think he stood out or was any better then alot of the other 16, 17 year olds who got cut....he gonna make the team? hmmmm
I didn’t realize that was the connection… he better not make the team just because of that. So we have two forwards with personal connections remaining

Parish - coaches by Nate Oke in Central Ontario

O’Connor - Patty O’Connor son

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I didn’t realize that was the connection… he better not make the team just because of that. So we have two forwards with personal connections remaining

Parish - coaches by Nate Oke in Central Ontario

O’Connor - Patty O’Connor son
Are they still with the team? They are not listed on the preseason roster on the OHL website.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I watched most of the Petes first exhibition game last night after the team uploaded it on YouTube… here are some thoughts

- Fitzgerald looks really good. It’s early but the confidence he shows with the puck as a rookie is quite impressive. Whichever scout had him ranked as a late first round player has lost all credibility to me

- Brennan Faulkner was impressive and looked a lot more confident than last season. He has great speed and good hands and hopefully that can translate into more offense this season

- Ula and Marenette are fairly similar at the moment - good size, decent skaters but definitely need to work on decision making with the puck before they play a regular shift in the OHL

- Adam Levac stood out in a positive way. During training camp I was convinced he wasn’t OHL ready and needed a year in CCHL first (that would still be a good idea). But he was very involved - set up Lefebrve off the rush for a goal and was mixing it up after the whistle with older Niagara players.

- Hard to judge the goalies on video and in preseason game number 1. There was clearly no structure out there and lots of quality scoring chances against. Nice to see Johnston settle down after giving up a few and stop both Niagara shooters in the SO

cruickshankd

Jun 3, 2024
Wondering if someone can tell me the secret to getting ahold of someone in the Pete's office...trying to book a group excursion and no one answers calls or gets back to you

tech7817

Sep 29, 2019
Wondering if someone can tell me the secret to getting ahold of someone in the Pete's office...trying to book a group excursion and no one answers calls or gets back to you
Tells you on the Petes website how to go about booking a group package. Repeatedly calling the office, is not it. 😋

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think local lad Cohen Bidgood could be a good target from London to add some forward depth. He’s gunna have a hard time making that London team but he did have a very good 16yo season in junior B.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think local lad Cohen Bidgood could be a good target from London to add some forward depth. He’s gunna have a hard time making that London team but he did have a very good 16yo season in junior B.
does it have to be a local kid, or should it be the best player available?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad