Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Absolutely stunningly stupid but again...

Verner worked all summer with Rye and Johnston.
“Easton had to go anywhere and everywhere to get ice-time and whether they loved it or not I certainly appreciate the fact he did whatever he could to get games in and be around us as much as possible. There’s a certain amount of loyalty that comes with that,” said Verner. “We’ll give Easton every chance to prove himself here in Peterborough.”
I don’t get the he had to go anywhere and everywhere to get ice time part. It’s not like there wasn’t ice and skates everyday in ptbo. Was it just there was other goalies at these skates who were better? Confused by that part where was he driving to get ice time lol

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Mistake imo cutting DLS but not surprised they’d keep 2 Peterborough goalies ahead of him. Would have liked to see him in an exhibition game at least. Verner staying loyal to his ptbo guys not a shock.
Look how well the local loyalty worked for Dave Reid. I can appreciate Rye and Johnston putting in work and sucking up to the coaches but the best player available needs to be taken over the local kids.

cleodog

Aug 12, 2022
I don’t get the he had to go anywhere and everywhere to get ice time part. It’s not like there wasn’t ice and skates everyday in ptbo. Was it just there was other goalies at these skates who were better? Confused by that part where was he driving to get ice time lol
Is he referring to last season maybe? He played games for other teams or backed up other teams.

dangerousjd

May 2, 2010
Hello everyone, I attended afternoon scrimmages and the maroon and white game I’ll add my thoughts On players

Fitzgerald is a beast , hard to find much fault , love his compete and his feistyness for a kid so young and fearless will take abuse in front of the net! Beautiful pick

McCallum love the fiery compete, good player , fun to watch , love the squirrely edge

Taylor I really think could take a big leap this year and a nice breakout season in the cards…has great offensive tools, I think I read above sometimes he loses focus or lackadaisical on a backcheck and I hope that attitude is just in scrimmages with the boys
Overagers other then Melee who they will clearly keep and should I am worried about.
I don’t know if they offer much other then 3rd line checking ability….Lefebvre, McIntyre
And I agree with above comments above about Quinn Binnie. Infact, it’s a great mystery how and why he is in the camp.
Perhaps trade the goalie and try and get a overage forward who can atleast contribute offensively and lead…
As some of the young guys I know their defence is crowded I really like what I’ve seen from Marrentette and Genc Ulic
Liam Ladds looks good and Gowan displays some nice talent made a heck of a nice breakaway pass at the game yesterday nice vision
One guy that got cut that I would of gave a bit longer look and better then some they have kept longer would be Aiden Al Joundy
Liked his offensive IQ , plays a smart game

dangerousjd

May 2, 2010
Also want to add im
Sure he will make the team and good enough to be on it but man Faulkner needs to work on his speed he had bunch of breakaways where the defencemen would always catch up or he would get a Mickey Mouse shot off…
As for my overager post , not knocking lefebvre or McIntyre I just don’t know how you can keep both. They both play a checking game with limited upside offensively
Melee, McCallum are gonna need support with less pressure on Fitzgerald being so young this is a very young team get an overager that can help fill the net and contribute offensively
I don’t have much confidence in McIntyre or lefebvre filling any net
We shall see….keep whichever one can lead better or better with young kids maybe lean to lefebvre with his playoff championship experience with Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Somebody correct me if I’ve missed something but I think this is where they stand currently…

F - (17)

Taylor, Sherwin, McIntyre, Leek, Parish, O’Connor, Faulkner, McCallum, Lefebrve, Partidge, Cadorin, Young, Levac, Page, Addy, Melee, Fitzgerald

D - (12)

Matejicek, Gowan, Cameron, Strohack, Ladds, Veliaris, Marenette, Ula, Hutton, Jenken, Haley, Woulds

G - (5)

Bowen, Johnston, Rye, Gelinas, Sztuska

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020

Somebody correct me if I’ve missed something but I think this is where they stand currently…

F - (17)

Taylor, Sherwin, McIntyre, Leek, Parish, O’Connor, Faulkner, McCallum, Lefebrve, Partidge, Cadorin, Young, Levac, Page, Addy, Melee, Fitzgerald

D - (12)

Matejicek, Gowan, Cameron, Strohack, Ladds, Veliaris, Marenette, Ula, Hutton, Jenken, Haley, Woulds

G - (5)

Bowen, Johnston, Rye, Gelinas, Sztuska
The only other name I still se is Luis Sturgeon 2008 D

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
D - (12)

Hutton didn't play yesterday, so I'm assuming he's also gone.

It's an interesting list of remaining unsigned forwards.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Maybe the Petes get a F in return for Sztuska when they deal him… I still think he’s going to end up in London just like simmer did.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Mason Johnston signed, DLS cut.

Training camp is utterly meaningless. Future Petes walk ons take note.

The Turcotte thing is even more baffling.

We're really going to lose Turcotte so we can sign Ben Sherwin?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad