Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I hated these City kits back in the day... but they look weirdly good with the re-design.

Though still believe that football clubs should only have like ~4 kits ever and City's should be:

Sky Blue
Burgundy
Black & Red
White with black & red stripes

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
70 goals in 69 games in the Prem. Just silly.

Since the start of the 2019-20 season?

246 games played
242 goals

He has 263 goals now in terms of pro football. At just 24 years old.

Michael Owen had 262 in his career... yeh, the guy who is 11th all-time in Premier League scoring and won Ballon d'Or.
Owen is why I am a Liverpool fan

Reactions: Appleyard

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
70 goals in 69 games in the Prem. Just silly.

Since the start of the 2019-20 season?

246 games played
242 goals

He has 263 goals now in terms of pro football. At just 24 years old.

Michael Owen had 262 in his career... yeh, the guy who is 11th all-time in Premier League scoring and won Ballon d'Or.
As you say, since he joined the Prem, Haaland has 70 goals. Salah is second in that time period with 39. :laugh:

Lapping the field.

Reactions: Appleyard

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Australia lost at home to Bahrain to kick off the third stage of Asian World Cup Qualifying.

Ouch.

They should still qualify from their group, though.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Marsch seemed pretty pleased with himself even though it was a friendly and the US was missing some of their best players (including their most important) :laugh:

The guy just hates US soccer and Berhalter so much. Can’t really disagree with him though.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Depends on who you believe I guess.. there's so many briefings being put out.

Boehly had a lot of good quotes about how the academy has to be used as a tool to bring rhe best players of England through... and ever since Clearlake "took over" from him, they've done nothing but sell some of the brightest young English players around.

If all of that is true.... team Boehly all day.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Depends on who you believe I guess.. there's so many briefings being put out.

Boehly had a lot of good quotes about how the academy has to be used as a tool to bring rhe best players of England through... and ever since Clearlake "took over" from him, they've done nothing but sell some of the brightest young English players around.

If all of that is true.... team Boehly all day.
If I was a Chelsea supporter I'd feel the same way but it sounds like you may be out of luck:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5753020/2024/09/09/chelsea-clearlake-boehly-fallout/

I haven't read the article (LONG) but someone on the main soccer boards posted this paragraph:

Clearlake’s stance is that the future holds only two possible options: a continuation of the status quo or a buyout that would see it take full control of Chelsea. A person familiar with the firm’s thinking insists that it has no need or desire to sell its majority stake and already has the funds to relieve Boehly and his fellow investors, Mark Walter and Hansjorg Wyss, of their shares if they are unwilling to continue with the existing arrangement.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If I was a Chelsea supporter I'd feel the same way but it sounds like you may be out of luck:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5753020/2024/09/09/chelsea-clearlake-boehly-fallout/

I haven't read the article (LONG) but someone on the main soccer boards posted this paragraph:

Clearlake’s stance is that the future holds only two possible options: a continuation of the status quo or a buyout that would see it take full control of Chelsea. A person familiar with the firm’s thinking insists that it has no need or desire to sell its majority stake and already has the funds to relieve Boehly and his fellow investors, Mark Walter and Hansjorg Wyss, of their shares if they are unwilling to continue with the existing arrangement.

Yeah I've been loosely keeping up with it. It feels like both sides are putting out very similar briefings that they will wait the other out.

On one hand, Clearlake definitely has rhe financial muscle to pull it off. On the other, they also answer to more people because of the nature of their business so I could see them pulling the trigger if they get offered rhe right deal, because all this is us an investment to them. It feels like it's not JUST thay to Boehly and the others. Time will tell, I suppose.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
6/10 South American countries automatically qualify for the 2026 World Cup. The 7th place team goes into a playoff.

While it would be hilarious if Brazil misses out, especially given the expanded field, it's highly unlikely.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad