Will Parise and Clarkson be booed at the Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Parise Yes because he was full of ****. In the long run he did us a favor.

Clarky No he went after the money that Lou would never have given him, and should not have given him. Same deal as Gio

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Parise Yes because he was full of ****. In the long run he did us a favor.

Clarky No he went after the money that Lou would never have given him, and should not have given him. Same deal as Gio

Just as a slight clarification, Gio was looking to stay in NJ and was willing to take a discount but Lou never made ANY sort of offer to him at any point. Then MTL came along and the combo of it being a historic team and one of the better offers made it a fairly easy decision.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Just as a slight clarification, Gio was looking to stay in NJ and was willing to take a discount but Lou never made ANY sort of offer to him at any point. Then MTL came along and the combo of it being a historic team and one of the better offers made it a fairly easy decision.

True I'm mainly speaking of the money. Neither one would have received the money from Lou. I still don't like hoe the whole Gio thing went down. Still when healthy was one of the scrappiest players out there.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
True I'm mainly speaking of the money. Neither one would have received the money from Lou. I still don't like hoe the whole Gio thing went down. Still when healthy was one of the scrappiest players out there.

Everything happens for a reason and if we had re-signed Gio, Kovy likely would not be a Devil today

Semak

I wouldn't boo either. I've moved on from the former #9 and Clarkson did his thing. No big whoop. Besides, don't either would hear me from over here.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Everything happens for a reason and if we had re-signed Gio, Kovy likely would not be a Devil today

I don't think re-signing Gio for a reasonable contract would have thrown off getting Kovy but you could be right.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Id never boo Gionta.

Parise? Yes. Little **** talking about his constant contact with Suter during the season. **** off ****ing ****face **** head *******.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Id never boo Gionta.

Parise? Yes. Little **** talking about his constant contact with Suter during the season. **** off ****ing ****face **** head *******.

Ha Ha Ha You forgot Clarky. I fully agree on Parise ****ing weasel.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Clarkson: No way would I ever boo him. He is such a loveable idiot. He got paid but never led any of us on. I may actually cheer him if Im there

Parise: I am making sure that I will be at this game. He will be booed to no end and the "Kovy's Better" chant will be so loud that itll be worth the price of admission.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
**** parise. Good riddance, wild will never hoist the most desired with him on the roster. $100 on it.

Clarky got such a ridiculous offer that nobody can blame him. When the salary difference annually is over a million, the home discount wont be that much

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I won't boo Clarkson. I expected him to leave and he actually said great things about our organization. He never dicked us around either and was replaced pretty quickly. When it all comes down to it I still respect Clarky.

Parise? Without a doubt. Screw him. At least Clarkson never said "Don't worry" and made us think he was coming back and again he never dicked us around. The way Parise and Clarky left in different ways imo.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
The whole free agent fiasco with Parise and the apparent leading on he did with the team and fans will get him booed.

Clarky will probably get some, but I don't think he deserves. Like others have said, he took the payday he'd never get here, left quickly, and didn't lead everyone along like he was always gonna stay. Also, Clarkson did a lot of charity work, much which wasn't even publicized because he never did it just for the notoriety. I myself don't hold anything against David and wouldn't boo him.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Clarkson's situation of moving on to his next team is really not at all comparable to Parise's

The organization wanted Parise back at essentially any cost and he made it seem as if he was absolutely going to be back to the fans and more importantly the organization

We had moved on from Clarkson a week before he was set to become a FA, no hard feelings it's just the way the business is, similar to how we had decided to move on from Gio

Clarkson will probably get booed by a few idiots, but it really would be for no good reason

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
They'll both get booed, and rightfully so.

Parise because, duh.

Clarkson because his agent, representing him, said all of those things, even if Clarkson got all sentimental and wah wah wah.

I'll boo them because booing is fun and get over it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Will their agents be with them?

I'd boo the ever living **** out of Wade Arnott if I could.

Clarksons case he himself never really did anything bad or say anything bad. His agent was the dick

Zach is more the ass as he and his camp said stupid **** and mislead. The talking to Suter **** all year while he was busy being the captain of a team going to the finals was annoying.

Both will face fast from memory though. Zach does deserve one game where the boo birds rain on him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Clarkson's situation of moving on to his next team is really not at all comparable to Parise's

The organization wanted Parise back at essentially any cost and he made it seem as if he was absolutely going to be back to the fans and more importantly the organization

We had moved on from Clarkson a week before he was set to become a FA, no hard feelings it's just the way the business is, similar to how we had decided to move on from Gio

Clarkson will probably get booed by a few idiots, but it really would be for no good reason

So fans who chose to boo an opposing player are idiots?

Whether fans boo or not, its their choice and either way is fine.

He was a great guy in NJ off the ice and gave it his all: don't boo

He chose to leave the Devils, the team that brought him into the league and offered him a nice contract: boo

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
So fans who chose to boo an opposing player are idiots?

Whether fans boo or not, its their choice and either way is fine.

He was a great guy in NJ off the ice and gave it his all: don't boo

He chose to leave the Devils, the team that brought him into the league and offered him a nice contract: boo

Not sure where I said the bolded, but ok?

I feel it'd be silly to boo Clarkson because the organization chose to move on from him, it's not as if he ditched us as guys like Gomez did and were deservedly booed

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
the way i look at it is, there is no way Parise doesn't expect to be booed when he comes back. he knows how this whole thing works. its almost like breaking up with a girlfriend and knowing next time you see her she is going to call you all these names because shes "hurt." but if she doesnt it almost kinda sucks cuz its like she doesnt care.

i thought it was common practice to play the whole "everything is going great, how about you?!" thing out for a while.

at this point i think it would be more of an ego knock if it was like we already forgot about the whole situation, because of how much he is expecting to get booed, and how "hurt" he thinks all the devils fans are.

just my opinion, but i would prolly boo...

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
I'm not gonna boo or cheer Clarkson. He was good while he was here and now he's gone. Whatever. Parise, on the other hand, I will boo the entire game. If he was going to leave he didn't have to be all dramatic like Lebron and repeatedly say I want to be back and things like that. Clarkson at least sort of hinted he wasn't gonna be back. I also think it was horrible for the "loyal" captain to come home for more money after making the Stanley cup final to go to a team who has never won a cup and say how it's his dream to win a cup. Ill root for him in the Olympics. That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad