Proposal: Wild-Islanders

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why not? If the Wild turn out to be a real playoff contender, why wouldn't they want to trade for a tru 2C, probably low 1C who is a constant to get you 35 & 35 every year. His play will age well and he's from Minnesota so he definitely wouldn't oppose it. Trading Rossi is tricky, but if you don't believe he a huge piece to build around then going for it while also getting a pick back is reasonable. Nelson on his own would get a 1st + a decent player which is probably around Rossi's value, and the pick covers the future risk you take, even though you get better
Nelson is 10 years older and entering the twilight of his career, Rossi is on an ELC and hasn't even entered his prime. Your expectation that Nelson will not decline due to age is naive, or disingenuous. Can't be bothered to figure out which.

Reactions: noncents

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Nelson would look great on this year’s Wild team but not at the expense of the names being mentioned in this thread currently on Minnesota’s roster.

Jan 21, 2018
Not surprised the isles want to trade an unsigned player (Dobson) for someone with term (kaprisov)

Nobody wants to play for the isles unless you overpay them. I can’t think of one free agent that took a discount to sign with NYI

Uncle Lou is only able to sign bottom 6 players to lifetime contracts.

Reactions: Barsky and noncents

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Not surprised the isles want to trade an unsigned player (Dobson) for someone with term (kaprisov)

Nobody wants to play for the isles unless you overpay them. I can’t think of one free agent that took a discount to sign with NYI

Dobson is a restricted free agent. Lou usually gets those guys signed long term at fair or below market value.

• Haha
Reactions: Fist of Fury

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
Kaprizov is not being traded before the Wild have an opportunity to re-sign him.
He absolutely will be if he isn't willing to re-sign and has told them that, which is an unsubstantiated rumour. Wouldn't be at all shocking if he's a Panarin 2.0

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
my old expensive junk for your young cheap treasure please
Old expensive junk?? Nelson maybe, but Dobson is absolutely a treasure and not at all old, but as long as Faber is for real, which he looks to be so far, kinda makes Dobson moot

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Old expensive junk?? Nelson maybe, but Dobson is absolutely a treasure and not at all old, but as long as Faber is for real, which he looks to be so far, kinda makes Dobson moot
Might be directed towards the “Rossi for Nelson” offer, which was absurd, from another Isles fan. That poster made another offer elsewhere involving Nelson for a much younger 2C.

Reactions: Barsky

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
He absolutely will be if he isn't willing to re-sign and has told them that, which is an unsubstantiated rumour. Wouldn't be at all shocking if he's a Panarin 2.0
he hasn't told wild anything. stop freaking lying and making crap up. wild aren't dealing Kaprizov under any circumstances. You clearly don't know how Bill Guerin, especially how wild owner operates. Lol. That Chicago bullshit that was proven to not be true and made up. Kaprizov legit can't resign until next summer legally with since you can't sign extension until there's only 1 year left.

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
Might be directed towards the “Rossi for Nelson” offer, which was absurd, from another Isles fan. That poster made another offer elsewhere involving Nelson for a much younger 2C.
Ah ok, gotcha. Well tbf, Rossi is tiny and has been rumoured to be on the block for a reason. He'll likely put up numbers, but given his size, a swap for Nelson seems reasonable if a team is looking for the much more physical game Nelson can bring, not to mention his sniping abilities. I could definitely see Guerin liking Nelson way more than a tiny, injury prone kid

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
he hasn't told wild anything. stop freaking lying and making crap up. wild aren't dealing Kaprizov under any circumstances. You clearly don't know how Bill Guerin, especially how wild owner operates. Lol. That Chicago bullshit that was proven to not be true and made up. Kaprizov legit can't resign until next summer legally with since you can't sign extension until there's only 1 year left.
I'm not lying or making anything up, I said it's an unsubstantiated rumour, I didn't say it was a fact, what's your problem? Any GM in the league would deal him the second they get an inkling he won't re-sign and the more term left, the better the return. If you think he would just let Kap walk as a UFA, it might mean you don't know wtf you're talking about. And if you can't see the parallels between him and Bread man, it just confirms that is the case

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
I'm not lying or making anything up, I said it's an unsubstantiated rumour, I didn't say it was a fact, what's your problem? Any GM in the league would deal him the second they get an inkling he won't re-sign and the more term left, the better the return. If you think he would just let Kap walk as a UFA, it might mean you don't know wtf you're talking about. And if you can't see the parallels between him and Bread man, it just confirms that is the case
the wild is going to do everything they can to resign him. Wild aren't trading him anytime soon. He will be dealt as a rental or walk. You have no idea who wild's owner is, clearly you don't. Wild's owner wants to win and spends big time and is preparing to go after bigtime free agent this upcoming summer. unsubstantiated rumor?? You mean one you're making up online? Let me make it clear, he's not getting dealt, no matter what fans of other teams like you think.

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
Which he hasn’t done, so what I said is 100% truth.
You don't know that for certain, Leipold has admitted publicly that he isn't certain they can convince him to stay. I imagine he will sign there long term, but never assume anything, especially with Russian wingers, lol. No one foresaw the Hawks dumping Bread man when they did

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Ah ok, gotcha. Well tbf, Rossi is tiny and has been rumoured to be on the block for a reason. He'll likely put up numbers, but given his size, a swap for Nelson seems reasonable if a team is looking for the much more physical game Nelson can bring, not to mention his sniping abilities. I could definitely see Guerin liking Nelson way more than a tiny, injury prone kid
Nelson doesnt get Rossi straight up and wild can chase Nelson as a free agent this summer and use Rossi to get better at another position if he's not resigned or kept. lol.. A free agent to be and at that age doesn't get a 1c like Rossi , or a breakout young player dating back to last year

You don't know that for certain, Leipold has admitted publicly that he isn't certain they can convince him to stay. I imagine he will sign there long term, but never assume anything, especially with Russian wingers, lol. No one foresaw the Hawks dumping Bread man when they did
he also says they will offer him everything, literally every single millions and every single years. lol, wild owner is not one that just speaks. He also spends which I am sure Kaprizov knows off. Kaprizov isn't like any other Russians. Stop speaking bad about what he's just because he's a Russian. Wild probably have a sense he's staying which is why they are going after they big fish in the water in Boeser, and Nelson this upcoming free agency

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
Nelson doesnt get Rossi straight up and wild can chase Nelson as a free agent this summer and use Rossi to get better at another position if he's not resigned or kept. lol.. A free agent to be and at that age doesn't get a 1c like Rossi , or a breakout young player dating back to last year

he also says they will offer him everything, literally every single millions and every single years. lol, wild owner is not one that just speaks. He also spends which I am sure Kaprizov knows off. Kaprizov isn't like any other Russians. Stop speaking bad about what he's just because he's a Russian. Wild probably have a sense he's staying which is why they are going after they big fish in the water in Boeser, and Nelson this upcoming free agency
Straight up, no, but it's the bones of a deal if Guerin's decides they're in go mode this year, which I don't expect is the case. Rossi may be a decent 1C eventually, but at his size, I would think a 2C is more realistic, in any case, of course Lou would have to add. Claiming Kap is unlike any other Russian is kinda laughable and reeks of homerism, what are you basing that on? That said, I absolutely agree Nelson as a UFA target next year is far more realistic than a trade for him now. I know Leipold doesn't talk out of his ass and I fully expect they'll back up a Brinks truck to Kap's door, but Minneapolis isn't exactly Fort Lauderdale or Vegas, so you never know. No tax states can offer more take home money, it's an issue every fanbase outside Texas, Nevada and Florida have to accept

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
Because Rossi is already arguably as good as Nelson, is 10 years younger, is cheaper, and has actual team control for a few more years. It's a no brainer for the Wild to not make that trade. Nelson being from Minnesota is not as enticing as you seem to think it should be.
Easy now, Rossi isn't coming off 3 years of goals in the mid thirties and Brock takes shit's bigger than him, a lot of us do. Maybe you're underestimating how much a guy like Guerin would value a physical goal scorer's game, cause that's exactly what he was. I'm from Ottawa btw, so I've been watching Marco for longer than you have been in all likelihood

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Ehhh... a Russian like Kaprizov would be open to playing in the greater NYC area with it's large Russian population. Playing on a line with Barzal wouldn't be the worst thing, either. While I don't think that NYI is a top choice for players right now because of how far away they are from being Cup contenders, the location definitely have some appeal. LI is an underrated place to live... nice country, great beaches, centrally located to NA and Europe, and right next to one of the most interesting cities in the world.

Let's not pretend that it is Winnipeg or Buffalo.

Reactions: Barsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad