Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek to 8y/7.25m Contract

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Looks like he's back in his early season form from last year. Points might not be there yet, but he looks a lot better than he did in the back half of the year last season.

I came in to say the same thing. He's looking really solid so far. Let's see/hope he's able to handle the long haul of the season and playoffs.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Nah there's no need. We gave him a $$$ contract mostly based on his chemistry with Hughes. I'm sure that Hughes and Hronek will get to play with others over time but if Hronek allows Hughes to play his best then Hronek is earning his money.
If we keep gettin' out shot 2:1 when Hughes is not on the ice, spending all that money on his Dpartner might have been a mistake.

Reactions: David71

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If we keep gettin' out shot 2:1 when Hughes is not on the ice, spending all that money on his Dpartner might have been a mistake.

Well I don't doubt that Hronek is a legitimate #3 Dman on his own in this league. We might be overpaying him because of his success alongside Hughes. Either way he's signed and I'm hoping for the best.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
seeing how Tanev raised the play of the whole Leafs defense core at the age of 34, and after we already saw what Ekholm did to Edm's D. I do wonder how sliding Hronek down to his own pair with a LHD from the trade market, or for example giving Hughes an Andersson, would be the silver bullet that activates our dormant second line instead of just hammering EP for not stepping up enough.

a philosophy shift modeling after Makar/Toews to Bouchard/Ekholm.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
seeing how Tanev raised the play of the whole Leafs defense core at the age of 34, and after we already saw what Ekholm did to Edm's D. I do wonder how sliding Hronek down to his own pair while giving Hughes an Andersson or a LHD from the trade market would be the silver bullet that activates our dormant second line instead of just hammering EP for not stepping up enough.

It's not like EP hasn't played with Hughes and Hronek though. Not as much as Miller but not insignificant.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
seeing how Tanev raised the play of the whole Leafs defense core at the age of 34, and after we already saw what Ekholm did to Edm's D. I do wonder how sliding Hronek down to his own pair with a LHD from the trade market, or for example giving Hughes an Andersson, would be the silver bullet that activates our dormant second line instead of just hammering EP for not stepping up enough.

a philosophy shift modeling after Makar/Toews to Bouchard/Ekholm.
Can’t imagine how much Anderson would cost

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I wouldn't pay that I just think that's what kind of ask the Flames will be able to make. He's a young #1RD that plays physical and scores. If I'm the Flames I'm asking for the moon.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I feel like that’s the price you would pay for a Crosby level rental.
Anderson isn't really a rental though, he's the equivalent of JT Miller for us a few seasons ago. Signed through next season as well at a $4.5M cap hit.

I don't know if I'd want the team to do it but that should be about the price to convince Calgary to move him this season. Who knows Calgary might be able to keep their early play up and have no intention of selling later in the season.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
they are leading the division with 0 in the L column. AND looking for a center. maybe they extend both Weegar and him? seems to be a trend with all 1st pairing D.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Anderson isn't really a rental though, he's the equivalent of JT Miller for us a few seasons ago. Signed through next season as well at a $4.5M cap hit.

I don't know if I'd want the team to do it but that should be about the price to convince Calgary to move him this season. Who knows Calgary might be able to keep their early play up and have no intention of selling later in the season.
I don’t remember the last time a blue chip prospect that is on track to make the team within 1 season is traded for anyone at TDL. Owen tippet and even then it was just Tipper for Giroux + a bunch of stuff

Reactions: MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad