Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek to 8y/7.25m Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Umm andersson plays more than Weegar and I think Weegar is the better offensive guy but he’s not going to get PP1 time here with Hughes so that part of his game is going to be wasted here.
I think Andersson is the better fit for us, would fit in perfectly with Hughes allowing Hronek to slide down a pair and maybe anchor his own.
I think cap wise it makes more sense to get a guy at 4.5ish to play with Hughes and let the 7.25M guy to anchor his own pair.

If we did acquire Weegar somehow, I'd be half tempted to run both him and Hughes on PP1. I know that's huge rarity nowadays but the biggest reason our powerplay collapsed last season was due to its predictability. Doing something like that, thus allowing Hughes to play more of a rover role would be exact opposite of predictable.

Of course, this is all hypothetical seeing as I don't see any way we could fit Weegar under the cap without double retention and that plus the acquisition itself would cost a ton. There's no shot we'd get Weegar without Lekk or Willander going the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad