Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek to 8y/7.25m Contract

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Hronek Interview:
-Canucks and Allan Walsh talked Hronek into it
-was surprised that he went to media day
-there's one thing where Friedman told Hronek it can be edited it out and it stayed in the interview
-Hronek does not like to talk a lot
-very clear his teammates and the organization really like him

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
still needs to anchor his own pair once alvin finds a lhd defensive defenseman.

Nah there's no need. We gave him a $$$ contract mostly based on his chemistry with Hughes. I'm sure that Hughes and Hronek will get to play with others over time but if Hronek allows Hughes to play his best then Hronek is earning his money.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Nah there's no need. We gave him a $$$ contract mostly based on his chemistry with Hughes. I'm sure that Hughes and Hronek will get to play with others over time but if Hronek allows Hughes to play his best then Hronek is earning his money.
If we keep gettin' out shot 2:1 when Hughes is not on the ice, spending all that money on his Dpartner might have been a mistake.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If we keep gettin' out shot 2:1 when Hughes is not on the ice, spending all that money on his Dpartner might have been a mistake.

Well I don't doubt that Hronek is a legitimate #3 Dman on his own in this league. We might be overpaying him because of his success alongside Hughes. Either way he's signed and I'm hoping for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad