Why the Bruins Should Re-Sign Pending Free Agent Forward Danton Heinen to a Multi-Year Extension

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They can reunite him with Lindholm, will work out nicely. I'll take a 30+ goal scoring slow guy any day of the week. He's scored 46 ES goals the past 2 years, and unless he slowed down alot on Winnipeg he looked pretty good to me in NJ
They aren’t paying both over 30 and not fast

Neely said wants speed

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
No team including Florida has a roster full of great two way players.

Is Tarasenko markedly better than Toffoli defensively?

If he is, it’s no by much.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How many goals for Danton the past two years? Guessing he didn't make much of an impression on Sweeney with him saying they need to get secondary scoring in here?

I’m just glad that starting in 2025 the winner of each game will be determined by CORSI and not goals scored.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

I mean do you think Boston might have a better structure and coaching than Calgary and New Jersey? I am going to go out on a limb and say yes.

Team needs scoring. Did I watch a different playoffs where they didn't only score 21 5v5 goals in 13 games?

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mean do you think Boston might have a better structure and coaching than Calgary and New Jersey? I am going to go out on a limb and say yes.

Team needs scoring. Did I watch a different playoffs where they didn't only score 21 5v5 goals in 13 games?

Goals scored can cover for a lot of deficiencies in other areas.

Plus the fact that you need to Be defensively aware of guys who can score goals makes you less focused and able to score your own, at times.

Reactions: LouJersey

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yep, we’re talking about a guy no other team wanted last year, and now we’re talking about giving him 2M+. The only way it makes any sense to consider bringing him back is if Frederic or Geekie is being traded.
Not trading Freddy or Geekie so that Heinen can be signed .........

Reactions: bme44

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Tarensenko was a rental at the deadline. Florida did not have to commit to him for 5 years over 30 million dollars, which is what Toffoli will end up costing you. Plus NMC, NTC and likely lockout protections built in.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Tarensenko was a rental at the deadline. Florida did not have to commit to him for 5 years over 30 million dollars, which is what Toffoli will end up costing you. Plus NMC, NTC and likely lockout protections built in.

But, my point is that he’s playing regular minutes on a cup favorite at the moment, and he’s not good defensively.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I`m a massive Heinen fanboy. That said, I want first to fix the issue with this team, lack of speed, scoring and grit up front and THEN do you look at how much $$ you have left and see if Heinen would be a fit
Not to de-rail the Heinen thread, but would re-signing Debrusk not be a starting point in addressing the areas the Bruins so desperately need to address. Sped scoring and grit up front . I would add to this strong defensive play and players who bring there game to a higher level in the playoffs. Heinen at 1.5mil to fill out the roster sure anything more than one year not interested

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I would offer Heinen $1M over 4 years. I think he is the type of player that ages well.
He is just so dependable. Good skater, smart and will play wherever needed with no whining. Wants to play in Boston.

I like that he is consistent.

There is a reason the coach and his teammates like him.

Of course, it all depends on the $ but all teams need players like Danton.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But, my point is that he’s playing regular minutes on a cup favorite at the moment, and he’s not good defensively.
Sorry about the cheap shot I’m Team Heinen and the enemy of Heinen is my enemy has been taken to far

Apologies

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Heinen is like Ross Colton caliber player and I like Heinen better - smarter player

Colton makes 4 M a year

I don’t think half the folks here having a freakin clue about his value in relation to other players around the league

He’s a steal at 2/4.5 if that’s where they land

Foligno got 2/9
Goodrow makes 3.6

There are so many guys in his category making 2.5-4 M

This 1 and 1.5 M is something my grandmother would come up with

Reactions: BMC

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Heinen is like Ross Colton caliber player and I like Heinen better - smarter player

Colton makes 4 M a year

I don’t think half the folks here having a freakin clue about his value in relation to other players around the league

Foligno got 2/9
Goodrow makes 3.6

How do you explain his PTO status last year?

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
btw one myth we can all collectively dispel in here, is the myth of 2.25M being too much to pay Heinen to play on the 4th.

He'll PK
He'll PP if you need
But most importantly, the second anyone is hurt in the top 9 he's moving up. So he's going to play the 4th line for what...20 games maybe?

So let's please not get too bogged down over 2.25M being too much if that's the number.

Reactions: BruinDust and BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Colton makes 4 M a year

Foligno got 2/9
Goodrow makes 3.6

You can also add 31 GMs who have a clue about his value, and that he is why he was on PTO, now that I think of it make that 32 GMs, because he had to sign a PTO. You can put me in the there is better value out there than Heinen, sorry not a fan.

False Start

May 8, 2018

Colton makes 4 M a year

Foligno got 2/9
Goodrow makes 3.6

Yeah no, Heinen isn't nearly as physical as those guys you named.

Like it or not teams pay for that kind of role.

You think Foligno or Goodrow or Colton make their money if they weren't gritty players?

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
btw one myth we can all collectively dispel in here, is the myth of 2.25M being too much to pay Heinen to play on the 4th.

He'll PK
He'll PP if you need
But most importantly, the second anyone is hurt in the top 9 he's moving up. So he's going to play the 4th line for what...20 games maybe?

So let's please not get too bogged down over 2.25M being too much if that's the number.
I don't think you can have a lineup with DeBrusk, Marchand, Lindholm, Pastrnak, Stephenson, Zacha and Coyle in it that still has all 3 of Geekie, Frederic, Heinen and
is cap compliant and I think that's the type of top 7 forwards they are going to need
to compete to win the Cup.

May even require you dumping Peeke and seeing if you can pick up a RD vet 3rd pair like Shattenkirk for $1M

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

He'll PK
He'll PP if you need

It’s too early to tell.

They were right up against the cap last year and even though they have the $$$$, they need 3 top 6 forwards and to re sign Swayman.

There’s a big difference between a 4th line making around: 2.5 combined (Lauko, Beecher, Brazeau) for instance and one that costs 4.25 - 4.5.

That extra 2 million could be important cushion space for the deadline.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad