Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Oh nice, didn't even realize that! Good catch and good to see him back so quickly
Didn't see the game but looks like they crosschecked him again by the boards and then a scrum took place. Also, good to see Turcs getting a goal. Seems as if once Hudon came back they took Turcotte off the 1st unit PP and inserted Akil Thomas. Not to be nit picky but some of the decisions for Turcott really annoying. Maybe someone who saw the game can comment.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Didn't see the game but looks like they crosschecked him again by the boards and then a scrum took place. Also, good to see Turcs getting a goal. Seems as if once Hudon came back they took Turcotte off the 1st unit PP and inserted Akil Thomas. Not to be nit picky but some of the decisions for Turcott really annoying. Maybe someone who saw the game can comment.
I would say:

Turcotte>Akil Thomas
Marco Sturm does not know how to use Clarke creativity on PP.
PP he designs for Reighn is very primitive.

Reactions: ru4reals

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I would say:

Turcotte>Akil Thomas
Different types of players and Akil has a scoring touch on the pp (double ‘13’ his total ‘6’ in 113gp vs 111gp for Turcotte). I’d say the fact he’s a RHS was a factor but they have plenty available. Thomas has taken some games to get going after the injury. He has 5 points in his last 5 games and has 7 in 10 (just 2 in his first 10).

I‘d have them both on the first unit and move Tynan, I’m just seeing what the rationale may be.

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Love that the Reign are always a tough team and stand up for each other. Kings only have Englund. Reign have Hodgson (injured?), Helenius, Doty, Ward and even Connataun.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I would say:

Turcotte>Akil Thomas
Exactly I just don't get it. It's been like this for a few years now. Turcs when wealthy is the far better player yet constantly passed over. Does he have a sh*tty attitude, does the coach not like him because of something. A real mystery really.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I would say:

Turcotte>Akil Thomas
Reign runs the same systems as the Kings, including PP and PK. Thomas is in there for his shot from the slot on the set up from down low. He has a much better shot than Turcotte and is right handed.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Exactly I just don't get it. It's been like this for a few years now. Turcs when wealthy is the far better player yet constantly passed over. Does he have a sh*tty attitude, does the coach not like him because of something. A real mystery really.

There was that Rosen article which touched on Turcotte, and this part in particular always stood out to me:

But health and his response to injury were concerns when they’d drafted him. A significant hip injury and mononucleosis removed him from the USNTDP lineup for large swaths of his draft year, and upon arriving at Wisconsin, he didn’t endear himself to the more senior Badgers when he was slow to return from a second half lower-body injury while the team struggled in Big Ten play and those around him were aware he intended to turn pro at the end of the season. Perhaps it’s simply a reflection of not quite fitting in with an insular and often obtuse hockey culture, but teammates in the L.A. organization and Eisbären Berlin, with whom he trained early in the 2020-21 season, were not quick to warm to him.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I thought Cody Haiskanen, who the Reign signed to a PTO due to all the injuries they have on D looked pretty steady last night, looked like he belonged at the level. He came from the team right down the road from me, the ECHL Idaho Steelheads and was a whopping +53 last season, with 5 goals and 29 assists. He is 6-4, 200. Older player with some games in the USHL prior to playing 4 years in the NCAA, he is 26. I'd like to see more.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Clarke still the leader of all AHL dmen as a true rookie. Guys behind him all 3-4 years older.

impressive.
I don’t know who that is yet but he’ll need a right handed one timer to set up on the pp with the big club . Could be doughty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad