Status
Not open for further replies.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Even after a couple of other headshots

Thomas eats an elbow to the chops no call

Chromiak Clarke Ward Bjornfot all jump in

On one hand love to see it

On another how many prospects need to take headshots? Turc may be done at this point. How long till it’s Clarke?

I'd rather be an elbow than a chin. I surely would. Me thinks the Reign need a couple elbow throwers too. But that ain't gonna happen. If your team is full of goodie too shoes, and the refs aren't going to call it, you're just waiting to get boinked, IMHO.

Even in the Kings Islanders game, that Lee character kneed Kings D Gavrikov, and it wasn't called. No response. It's what Dean once said, if I have it right, every army needs a couple criminals.

Last edited:

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Might be just limited veiwing, but Portillo seems like he has no athletic ability or lateral movement at all. He just drops into a butterfly and hopes the puck hits him...
He plays like a guy in a beer league wearing equipment 4 sizes too large for him.
Every one of those goals he goes butterfly and just prays the puck hits him.

Reactions: LeftKinger

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Add a little bit of body text.png

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Turcotte, after his 17th concussion: back in a week
Gavrikov, after an injury so minor he played later in the game: in an urn on Rob Blake's mantle
Given his history it seems it’s been more of a precaution, an extension of normal protocol, because the previous ones were much longer absences. If so (hopefully) they’ve managed that well.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
As someone who isn't watching the games and only watching highlights here and there, Clarke leading all the defensemen in the league and the only one that is over PPG annoys me :P I like that Turcotte has kept up the production and despite still suffering injuries he hasn't missed that much time.

Also, seeing Fagemo put up "look at me" production is nice to see after his Nashville vacation. I am a little sad about Thomas though as I don't think he will get his cup of coffee with the Kings anytime soon and can see him sticking somewhere in the NHL on the bottom 6.

Lastly, Pinelli's stat line is crazy bad, though he is the same age as Clarke and hopefully continues to develop as he was someone I had high hopes for.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
As someone who isn't watching the games and only watching highlights here and there, Clarke leading all the defensemen in the league and the only one that is over PPG annoys me :P I like that Turcotte has kept up the production and despite still suffering injuries he hasn't missed that much time.

Also, seeing Fagemo put up "look at me" production is nice to see after his Nashville vacation. I am a little sad about Thomas though as I don't think he will get his cup of coffee with the Kings anytime soon and can see him sticking somewhere in the NHL on the bottom 6.

Lastly, Pinelli's stat line is crazy bad, though he is the same age as Clarke and hopefully continues to develop as he was someone I had high hopes for.

FWIW Pinelli is buried on the depth chart and rarely plays out of the bottom six if not the bottom line

HIs play does leave a lot to be desired but he's suffering the same fate as all who came before him

Reactions: ru4reals and Telos

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Huge game last night, beating Henderson 7-1. Clarke had a goal and two assists and Ingham stopped 40 of 41 shots. Clarke, Thomas, Fagemo, Moverare, Hudon, and Pinelli all with multi-point games.

Clarke's now third in the AHL in scoring.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I think it’s time to try Fagemo in the NHL for an extended run until Arvidson is back.

Even if he sits a couple games once in a while. Kaliyev needs time to sit in the box and work on his game at the moment.

After coming off of college schedule, Laf could probably use the odd game off here or there to keep him fresh.

It would be great to have a talented right handed shot on one of the power-play units as well as another shooter on PL line.

Reactions: Telos and Fat Elvis

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I've seen fans and city officials cry out for Fagemo and not to say that it shouldn't, couldn't or won't happen...

I'd like to enter this little wrinkle into the conversation because I don't see it referenced all that much.

Where will he play?

The Kings currently have Kaliyev and Laferriere playing their off wings and while Fagemo is "historically" a left winger who shoots right... I'm not sure where you slot him.

Assuming 55-11-9, 22-24-12, 91-46-61 aren't being broken up because McLellan has said historically he wouldn't disrupt three lines to "fix" one...

you're looking at either Dubois with two right handed shots (Fagemo and Laferriere) or Dubois with Fagemo and Kaliyev both playing their off wings? Both playing their strong wings despite the fact that both were drafted as forwards that play their off wing?

Fagemo is a right handed shot sure but he's not a distrubutor so where does he slot on the powerplay if he's replacing Laferriere? If he's replacing Kaliyev he's now on the opposite side of the ice he has been on the powerplay in Ontario no? I confess I haven't watched as many Reign games this season as I have in the past but I seem to recall seeing Fagemo on the left side of the ice more often than not.

Any time I bring up handedness or which side of the ice players line up on I'm assured it doesn't matter and yet if it doesn't matter........ why does it clearly matter sometimes?

Anyway... I'm procrastinating I'm sure I'll regret posting this very quickly.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I think Grundstrom-PLD-Fagemo could be a nice combo for the time being and eventually let Arvidsson take over Fagemo's spot when he's back and healthy.

I posted on Twitter that the Kings need some grit on the 4th line and Bernstein reposted my tweet. Almost 40 year old Lewis isn't exactly Evander Kane or even Brendan Lemieux come playoff time and Lizotte seems to get trampled by Edmonton.

I would like to see the Kings make a move for a Garnett Hathaway type player and run these lines...

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Danault-Moore
Grundstrom-PLD-Arvidsson
Lewis-Lizotte-Hathaway

Send Laffy down and Kayilev, well, he might be done after this last game and TM's comments. Even Zack McEwen took him out of the line up last year and in the playoffs.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I've seen fans and city officials cry out for Fagemo and not to say that it shouldn't, couldn't or won't happen...

I'd like to enter this little wrinkle into the conversation because I don't see it referenced all that much.

Where will he play?

The Kings currently have Kaliyev and Laferriere playing their off wings and while Fagemo is "historically" a left winger who shoots right... I'm not sure where you slot him.

Assuming 55-11-9, 22-24-12, 91-46-61 aren't being broken up because McLellan has said historically he wouldn't disrupt three lines to "fix" one...

you're looking at either Dubois with two right handed shots (Fagemo and Laferriere) or Dubois with Fagemo and Kaliyev both playing their off wings? Both playing their strong wings despite the fact that both were drafted as forwards that play their off wing?

Fagemo is a right handed shot sure but he's not a distrubutor so where does he slot on the powerplay if he's replacing Laferriere? If he's replacing Kaliyev he's now on the opposite side of the ice he has been on the powerplay in Ontario no? I confess I haven't watched as many Reign games this season as I have in the past but I seem to recall seeing Fagemo on the left side of the ice more often than not.

Any time I bring up handedness or which side of the ice players line up on I'm assured it doesn't matter and yet if it doesn't matter........ why does it clearly matter sometimes?

Anyway... I'm procrastinating I'm sure I'll regret posting this very quickly.
I think it depends more on style. I'm assuming if Fagemo comes up, it would be to replace Kaliyev. But since Laferriere is a natural righty, he'd slide to the right and Fagemo could play LW.

So I'd expect, based on McLellan's criticisms of Kaliyev, it will at least start at:
Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Danault - Moore
Fagemo - PLD - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

Reactions: Fat Elvis and funky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad