Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
He put them away with 4 wins.
1.25GAA and .954 sv% in those 4 wins.

Meanwhile McDavid picked up garbage points and only 3 wins.
No game-winning goals. No game-winning points No game-tying points.

But he was great for 3/4 series.
Bob was only great when it mattered most.

Thats a really long way of coping with the fact that Bob and the Panthers did what only 1 other team in SCF history have done - cough up a 3-0 series lead.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
LOLOLOL.

Bob held the best offense in the league to ONE goal in the biggest game of the season.

the biggest. BOB.

Yet you ignore the other 3 chances he had to put them away that he squandered. It was only the biggest game of the season because he sucked ass for 3 games in a row.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Thats a really long way of coping with the fact that Bob and the Panthers did what only 1 other team in SCF history have done - cough up a 3-0 series lead.
What's the "burn" here? What's the negative you are trying to reference?

I don't understand.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
What's the "burn" here? What's the negative you are trying to reference?

I don't understand.

That you don't get to claim a great performance in the "biggest game of the season" if you fail to close out a team 3 games in a row because of your poor play.

It's like lighting your house on fire and then claiming to be the hero when you put it out.

• Haha
Reactions: bdub24

VistamarCroissants

Apr 19, 2024
Bobrovsky made crucial saves when it mattered the most and won the Stanley Cup.

McDavid went without a point in the two most important games of the Finals when his offensive skills were needed so much.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
That you don't get to claim a great performance in the "biggest game of the season" if you fail to close out a team 3 games in a row because of your poor play.

It's like lighting your house on fire and then claiming to be the hero when you put it out.

I disagree.

It's like building a house, then stopping the arsonists who are trying to burn it down.

Reactions: VistamarCroissants

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You continue to claim I misrepresented the numbers and when I ask how I've done this you provide no explanation. Just repeating the same thing ad nauseum.

Please, the floor is yours and this assignent is open book, how have I contradicted myself? There is no time limit and I await your response patiently.

Show me, stop telling me.

Argumentum ad populum.

I've added more substance than you or anyone else. You've done nothing but say "11 points in seven games" is good over and over. Whereas I've actually provided breakdowns and links.

Accuse my opponent of my own misdeeds. You're a trip.

From now on I'm replying to all your posts with: you've fudged the numbers and I'm not going to provide a shred of evidence.

Stop spinning like an electron collider.

Turnabout is fair play.
I quoted all your poorly constructed math and your repeated contradictions. Your lack of logic is there for all to see.

You didn't answer a single challenge and keep denying. You've wasted everyone's time with nonsense.

gvineq

Feb 6, 2023
It should be renamed the Mc No Cups participation trophy. At least we get another year of hearing how McJesus deserves to be handed a cup win sooner than later.

Reactions: vshun

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
He must be very happy with this trophy.
the Cup is for losers like Bob

I know the Cup feels good now - but if you dont repeat, or have a dynasty or in the case of generational talents like McDavid a cup to cement your legacy....the one and done cup winners always fade into nothing. Nobody remembers - nobody cares. You become a Wikipedia stat line.

Bob is a great goaltender - multiple Vezina's and a Cup now, but he wasn't the MVP of the playoffs in which he won the cup.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006

McDavid lit his house on fire and then couldn't put it completely out before it burned down. Kind of an important point in this discussion.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
McDavid was 100% deserving, just always find it odd to give it a losing player though.
That was one of the most uninspiring SCF from a winning team I’ve ever seen. The Panthers stunk top to bottom but found a way to win. McDavid was having a historical run. Wasn’t much controversy.

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

VistamarCroissants

Apr 19, 2024
I know the Cup feels good now - but if you dont repeat, or have a dynasty or in the case of generational talents like McDavid a cup to cement your legacy....the one and done cup winners always fade into nothing. Nobody remembers - nobody cares. You become a Wikipedia stat line.

Bob is a great goaltender - multiple Vezina's and a Cup now, but he wasn't the MVP of the playoffs in which he won the cup.
True. Winning the Cup is nothing, especially in an epic series. Nobody cares .

Conn Smythe is what everybody cares about. Look at 1987 -- Gretzky won the Cup but nobody remembers him. Everybody is still talking about Ron Hextall because he won the Conn Smythe that year

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
True. Winning the Cup is nothing, especially in an epic series. Nobody cares .

Conn Smythe is what everybody cares about. Look at 1987 -- Gretzky won the Cup but nobody remembers him. Everybody is still talking about Ron Hextall because he won the Conn Smythe that year

The Cups Gretzky won are an afterthought to the point totals he put up and the records he set.

Winning the Cup isn't nothing, but its also not this immortalizing thing. I mean some guy named Tobias Bjornfot just got his name on the Cup on Monday...and I can promise you that dude will be lost to history in a year.

• Wow

VistamarCroissants

Apr 19, 2024
The Cups Gretzky won are an afterthought to the point totals he put up and the records he set.

Winning the Cup isn't nothing, but its also not this immortalizing thing. I mean some guy named Tobias Bjornfot just got his name on the Cup on Monday...and I can promise you that dude will be lost to history in a year.

at least he's got his name on the Cup

• Haha
Reactions: bdub24 and roon

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Bobrovsky finished 5th in save percentage amongst playoff goalies:

1. Swayman .933
2. Shesterkin .926
3. Varlamov .915
4. Oettinger .912
5. Bobrovsky .906

----

McDavid finished first in playoff points, by a considerable margin:

1. McDavid 42 pts
2. Bouchard 32 pts
3. Draisaitl 31 pts
4. Barkov, Hyman, Nuge and Tkachuk 22 pts

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
I'm convinced that this forum hates all time great players and love their bottom paring forwards more.
Evan Rodrigues was more deserving than McMid

Its McDavid all day.

If Bob won it 10 years down the line this forum would be filled with threads about why Bob won it with the worst stats of any Smythe winning goalie ever while McDavid had an all time great playoffs.

The right guy won the award. Plain and simple.
They gave it to a loser who was no show for 4 of the games.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta

Is this satire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad